Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Amppelix posted:

i think BL is probably the "best" first playthrough because the double reveal of flame emperor and crazy dimitri hits a lot harder than "oh we're in part 2 and by the way dimitri is insane now??" in the other routes

and there's a great build-up to it throughout white clouds too

Hey, he never goes insane on CF and leads a fairly middling life where he gets bossed around by Rhea, geta married, has a kid and them sacrificed as a pawn by Rhea for no real reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Hey, he never goes insane on CF and leads a fairly middling life where he gets bossed around by Rhea, geta married, has a kid and them sacrificed as a pawn by Rhea for no real reason

Because of how little of a poo poo she gives for human life.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Zore posted:

Hey, he never goes insane on CF and leads a fairly middling life where he gets bossed around by Rhea, geta married, has a kid [spoiler] and them sacrificed as a pawn by Rhea for no real reason[spoiler]

I mean, he's still insane (still believe Edelgard did Duscur, wants to do a Punishment of Duscur on the Empire etc) but he masks it better than bandit-hobo Dimitri, and the "kid" thing is probably just him pointing out that Rufus is alive in CF, so the Blaiddyd Crest Bloodline will continue with that family branch even if Dimitri died.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 5, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinji117 posted:

I mean, he's still insane (still believe Edelgard did Duscur, wants to do a Punishment of Duscur on the Empire etc) but he masks it better than bandit-hobo Dimitri, and the "kid" thing is probably just him pointing out that Rufus is alive in CF, so the Blaiddyd Crest Bloodline will continue with that family branch even if Dimitri died.

He's wrong, but he's not insane.

His death in the "good" ending of that chapter is actually a pretty nice way to go, even.

Curious when we're getting another new Fire Emblem. It's been as long since 3 Houses released as it was between Echoes and 3 Houses, but so far there's no information announced. Then again, Nintendo's been reducing the gap between announcement and release a lot lately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

He's wrong, but he's not insane.

His death in the "good" ending of that chapter is actually a pretty nice way to go, even.

Curious when we're getting another new Fire Emblem. It's been as long since 3 Houses released as it was between Echoes and 3 Houses, but so far there's no information announced. Then again, Nintendo's been reducing the gap between announcement and release a lot lately.
covid probably screwed up their plans. there was meant to be a big fire emblem live event last year celebrating the 30th anniversary that would undoubtedly have had an announcement.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully the next release echoes Echoes' release where they announced in on January 2017 and it was out on April 20 of that same year.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

covid probably screwed up their plans. there was meant to be a big fire emblem live event last year celebrating the 30th anniversary that would undoubtedly have had an announcement.

Yeah. There haven't been any big new first party releases in general. From what I've heard, the games industry in general struggled to move to work from home and it was especially bad in the Japanese games industry.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

i think BL is probably the "best" first playthrough because the double reveal of flame emperor and crazy dimitri hits a lot harder than "oh we're in part 2 and by the way dimitri is insane now??" in the other routes

and there's a great build-up to it throughout white clouds too

also dimitri dodges some plot beats

imo best way to layer out revelations is dimitri->edelgard->claude->church

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah. There haven't been any big new first party releases in general. From what I've heard, the games industry in general struggled to move to work from home and it was especially bad in the Japanese games industry.
a few studios have managed to get stuff out, but a lot of it was stuff that was pretty far into production before covid hit. if you assume the flow of things is

2015: intsys starts work on echoes
2016: a small intsys team breaks off to work with kt on three houses
2017: echoes comes out, a small intsys team breaks off to start work on fe17. fe heroes comes out, and a small team breaks off to work on that game's live service. the rest of intsys that isnt working on anything moves to paper mario: origami king.
2019: three houses comes out, the few intsys staff from that split off to the fe17 or origami king teams
2020: origami king development wraps, the team from it moves to work on fe17 - gently caress you covid

its pretty easy to see why an fe17 might be 'long in coming.' of course, this is all just speculation, but it's a pretty reasonable guess based off when stuff came out and intsys not being *that* huge an operation, and nintendo probably cracking the whip harder when mario is involved. origami king would be the priority until it finished, and it finishing would coincide with the lockdowns starting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'd really like FE4 or FE6 remakes so I wonder if either will be coming any time soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I'd really like FE4 or FE6 remakes so I wonder if either will be coming any time soon.
ike's japanese va was gonna mc the 30th anniversary event, which'd be a strange choice (you'd expect marth's) without some reason, so people were speculating about an fe9 remake. who knows, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fire Emblem viral marketing getting out of hand.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well..that makes the wedding awkward.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I am rather concerned that there was no mention of calling it off. Does the bride at least behave like the adult she technically is?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

I am rather concerned that there was no mention of calling it off. Does the bride at least behave like the adult she technically is?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-discovers-her-sons-bride-182017135.html

Going by the link the son was adopted.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

:eyepop: That really is a Fire Emblem story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
you guys must really love incest considering how much you bring it up

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

lol that seems like it could be a twist in some soap opera (or fates)! :laffo:

i guess its tru that reality is stranger than fiction.....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A Hoshidan Royalty love story. :3:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I've been thinking about getting the DLC for Three Houses, and I have a quick question about what it says on the details page. It says that there's a second side story that was scheduled for release on 4/20/20--did that ever come out, or is it referring to Cindered Shadows?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It's Cindered Shadows.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Zoran posted:

It's Cindered Shadows.

Oh. Ha ha, that's confusing. Thank you!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

you guys must really love incest considering how much you bring it up

Fire Emblem = incest!!! was an exaggerated meme and somewhat tiresome, but I think that battle was lost when IS published a game that included “A letter from your dead mom saying it’s ok to marry that character who until this point has been stated to be your full-blood sibling.”

Hopefully they learn from Three Houses that what the people really want is not eight romancable brothers and sisters but morally ambiguous villains and also gay romance.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just want more characters with last names.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Smiling Knight posted:

Fire Emblem = incest!!! was an exaggerated meme and somewhat tiresome, but I think that battle was lost when IS published a game that included “A letter from your dead mom saying it’s ok to marry that character who until this point has been stated to be your full-blood sibling.”

Hopefully they learn from Three Houses that what the people really want is not eight romancable brothers and sisters but morally ambiguous villains heroes and also gay romance.

So many gay romances

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The Straight Delegation demands more Hilda's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

yeah i liked that aspect of three houses

it hink its fine for the characters who are commoners to not have last names but it was very silly when characters would be super important nobles and you sort of had to guess that maybe pent's last name is reglay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smiling Knight posted:

fates was self-consciously trying to please people. in other words, fates is everyones fault for making so many incest jokes.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

fates was self-consciously trying to please people. in other words, fates is everyones fault for making so many incest jokes.

I cannot believe that Fire Emblem fans are ultimately at fault for its greatest misstep, not aware their reckless action would rebound back on them as their benefactor took them seriously. I tried to think of a Fire Emblem joke/parallel, but my mind failed me here.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Its my fault. I just love incest so much

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wereboat posted:

Its my fault. I just love incest so much
i forgive you

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:same:

Prior to 3H, I want to say the most amount of characters with full names was...oddly enough, in the Tellius duology. Off the top of my head, there's Jill Fizzart (and by extension, her father Shiharam Fizzart), Sanaki Kirsch Altina, and Elincia Ridell Crimea. And even then their last names are either mentioned once during introductions and then never again, or you have to poke around in the artbook to find this info.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

:same:

Prior to 3H, I want to say the most amount of characters with full names was...oddly enough, in the Tellius duology. Off the top of my head, there's Jill Fizzart (and by extension, her father Shiharam Fizzart), Sanaki Kirsch Altina, and Elincia Ridell Crimea. And even then their last names are either mentioned once during introductions and then never again, or you have to poke around in the artbook to find this info.

It’s also the only game where a lack of surname is acknowledged as like, a thing. (Sanaki snips at Ike that he’s a surname-less commoner when he first gives her lip in PoR.)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Alm's full name still makes me chuckle occasionally.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Seliph and Leif both have full names (Seliph Baldos Chalphy and Leif Faris Claus), which always makes me curious what the surnames of other Jugdral nobles are.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Seliph Baldur Chalapy makes sense but I definitely would not have guessed that full for Leif, lol.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Like his uncle santa he brings gifts to all the girls and boys of the realm. Unlike his uncle the gift is pain!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Last Celebration posted:

Seliph Baldur Chalapy makes sense but I definitely would not have guessed that full for Leif, lol.
I think Sigurd also has the same two last surnames.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Endorph posted:

ike's japanese va was gonna mc the 30th anniversary event, which'd be a strange choice (you'd expect marth's) without some reason, so people were speculating about an fe9 remake. who knows, though.

Apparently thanibomb - a reddit user who leaked lots of information correctly about Three Houses - has said that remakes of the Tellius series were gonna launch last year but were delayed.