Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Driving to costco today was a trip.

"Hey, I can see a lot of parking spaces from here, awesome they aren't too busy"

"huh, kind of weird for a sunday"

"Man, that's a lot of carts all stacked in the cart bay....what the gently caress?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Nooner posted:

Why is the pizza from the food court always like 1000x better than the same pizza you take and bake?

When you get the premade it is always perfect, when you bake at home it's okay, but no where near the same

"I'm bringing home a Costco pizza

YAAAY!

"Can you turn the oven on?"

God damnit

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I missed that three pack of Ex Officios for like $20 last year. Haven't seen anything nearly that good come back. Anyone get them? How'd they hold up? Anything comparable (or better)? Gonna have to start hiking again this summer.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
i've experimented with ex officio in the past and i prefer KIRKLAND SIGNATURE boxer briefs

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Suxpool posted:

i've experimented with ex officio in the past and i prefer KIRKLAND SIGNATURE boxer briefs

:hmmyes:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 32 degrees ones are really good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Suxpool posted:

Are those made of the same material as the ex officio? I pretty much can't wear anything else now. I've tried the Duluth ones, which I liked at first but the stitching sucked and they didn't hold up. I've got 5 year old ex officio still in rotation that barely show any signs of wear.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

The 32 degrees ones are really good.

Those ones are pretty good. I really like the Champion ones too. The Calvin Klein ones are decent but not worth the extra $$$ imo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Friday I will go to Costco to get my first COVID shot. :blastu:

PBUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Are those made of the same material as the ex officio? I pretty much can't wear anything else now. I've tried the Duluth ones, which I liked at first but the stitching sucked and they didn't hold up. I've got 5 year old ex officio still in rotation that barely show any signs of wear.

I've only worn exofficio for like a decade and I've only had to throw away 2 pairs. They last for loving ever

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

Friday I will go to Costco to get my first COVID shot. :blastu:

PBUC
But will it come with onions? And more than one mustard cup per shot?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Shwqa posted:

The bubbles in pizza come baking at higher temperatures. Home oven can't even get to the heat that commercial ovens can. Even if it was the same ingredients it wouldn't be the same.

Also home ovens can't regulate temperature well enough even if they got hot enough. There's a reason specialty pizza places still use brick ovens, the thermal mass smooths out temperature fluctuations

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

DarkHorse posted:

Also home ovens can't regulate temperature well enough even if they got hot enough. There's a reason specialty pizza places still use brick ovens, the thermal mass smooths out temperature fluctuations

Protip, lining your oven's floor with terra cotta tiles (or bricks if you want to go balls out) and using a stone under your pan helps a lot. But you're still only getting it to like 450.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I've only worn exofficio for like a decade and I've only had to throw away 2 pairs. They last for loving ever

The only negative thing I'll say about the boxer-briefs is they make it really really hard to scratch the grundle and joint of the inner thigh/balls. The material is so nice it resists my own scratching.

The sport briefs are primo heaven, athough not available in church :(

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

stealie72 posted:

Protip, lining your oven's floor with terra cotta tiles (or bricks if you want to go balls out) and using a stone under your pan helps a lot. But you're still only getting it to like 450.

One caveat is that this also greatly increases the amount of time it takes your oven to get up to temperature, though, since those stones/tiles/bricks absorb a lot of the energy during preheating (which is why they work so well).

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I live on the east coast and am pissed that I haven't seen those milk tea boba popsicles here

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

I live on the east coast and am pissed that I haven't seen those milk tea boba popsicles here

Same on the west coast, though I did get a set of Clorox wipes last trip.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How's the length? I get the Hanes Long-leg because I have huge thighs from running and cycling and lifting weights and eating hot dogs and exaggerating on the internet, and normal length boxer briefs always ride up and turn into briefs. The Hanes barely last two years though.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 7, 2021

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Whooping Crabs posted:

fischtick posted:

Same on the west coast, though I did get a set of Clorox wipes last trip.

im in the midwest and only saw them around Lunar New Year

ViolentQuiche
Jul 17, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

I finally saw them two days ago (NYC Metro area). If you really just want to try them you can find them at H-Mart or the like, though it's a 4-pack and the price is not as good.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m so excited to be fully vaxxed after next week so I can go back to church. It’s been a long few months.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I see the Foodsaver vacuum sealer is on sale starting the 14th. I currently have the one that came with my sous vide machine and it's OK, but doesn't handle moist/marinated sealing great. Anyone have any experience with the Foodsaver model? Yay or nay?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have a foodsaver and it's pretty good. It struggles with some wet foods too though. The manual recommends putting stuff like that in the freezer briefly before freezing and that works fine.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Samadhi posted:

I see the Foodsaver vacuum sealer is on sale starting the 14th. I currently have the one that came with my sous vide machine and it's OK, but doesn't handle moist/marinated sealing great. Anyone have any experience with the Foodsaver model? Yay or nay?
I bought a food saver from the church last year. I’ve really enjoyed it. I use it for sous viding more than storage, but have enjoyed it. It can get a little messy with liquid heavy bags, but nothing too out of hand.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Samadhi posted:

If you already have a Foodsaver you don't need this one. All of the home models are varying degrees of not good at wet foods. I have five of them for no drat good reason and they all need the food to be half frozen to go through properly.

Now if you see a Weston Pro on sale you buy that and you never look back.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Weirdly a place I go for take out lunches sometimes at work is selling boxes and I thought it was kind of random.

Also re foodsaver the suction on mine went to poo poo a while back and it is a real struggle to get it to seal anything, very annoying. I have cleaned the gasket etc but still nothing seems to help. It was great for storing costco meats etc!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

fizzymercury posted:

If you already have a Foodsaver you don't need this one. All of the home models are varying degrees of not good at wet foods. I have five of them for no drat good reason and they all need the food to be half frozen to go through properly.

Now if you see a Weston Pro on sale you buy that and you never look back.

I have the Anova brand one that came as a package with the Anova sous vide machine I got two Christmases ago.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

priznat posted:

Also re foodsaver the suction on mine went to poo poo a while back and it is a real struggle to get it to seal anything, very annoying. I have cleaned the gasket etc but still nothing seems to help. It was great for storing costco meats etc!

Did it get married?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ViolentQuiche posted:

I finally saw them two days ago (NYC Metro area). If you really just want to try them you can find them at H-Mart or the like, though it's a 4-pack and the price is not as good.

I'm a 2 hour drive from an H-Mart or Lotte Mart, but there is a local asian grocery I will check out. Hoping the melona bars come back this Summer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've always wanted a food saver but haven't really needed a use for it. I'd love it for marinating but the reports of it not handling wet things isn't very encouraging.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Samadhi posted:

I have the Anova brand one that came as a package with the Anova sous vide machine I got two Christmases ago.

Yeah that one is better than the Foodsaver.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
When I was a kid, my parents bought a food saver from Price Club. They got so excited vacuum sealing everything in the house that they tried it with some bread.

It was one of the first times as a kid I saw my parents have one of those "well that was loving stupid" moments that I'm so fond of having myself as an adult.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
You could vacuum seal individual slices of bread! :haw:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bread freeze's really well, no need to squish it in the vacuum

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm a 2 hour drive from an H-Mart or Lotte Mart, but there is a local asian grocery I will check out. Hoping the melona bars come back this Summer.

I’m on the east coast and found them at the Costco in DC. Did see them at H-Mart coincidentally this week. We actually made homemade boba tea today.

But they seemed hidden. We walked by them twice in the freezer section before spotting them. So double check before giving up.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So I love a good gin and tonic, but I've been unsure about good tonic water options for a while, and hadn't really sought stuff out. Just noticed that Costco had these 24-packs of little mini cans of Fever Tree tonic water and they're freakin' perfect. Each can is enough for one drink so you never lose the carbonation or anything and the result is delicious without even adding any lime or anything.

I've heard the Fever Tree ginger beer is good too, guess I might try some with whiskey or somethin.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
fever tree is good but waaay too expensive in regular stores plus ive never seen it come in more than a 4-pck of glass bottles. Will have to look for this next trip to costco because gin & tonic season is upon us

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Kroger carries diet tonic water for 80 cents for a 2 liter and I get custom coupons for 75 cents off a purchase of 4.

(yeah I know lol diet but tonic is basically liquid sugar like a soda, I don’t need to drink another 150 calories on top of the alcohol)

Tonic does go flat incredibly fast for some reason, but it’ll last a night or two of drinkin, and at 60 cents a bottle who cares.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thathonkey posted:

fever tree is good but waaay too expensive in regular stores plus ive never seen it come in more than a 4-pck of glass bottles. Will have to look for this next trip to costco because gin & tonic season is upon us

Fever tree is the best tonic imo.

Paul MaudDib posted:

Kroger carries diet tonic water for 80 cents for a 2 liter and I get custom coupons for 75 cents off a purchase of 4.

(yeah I know lol diet but tonic is basically liquid sugar like a soda, I don’t need to drink another 150 calories on top of the alcohol)

Tonic does go flat incredibly fast for some reason, but it’ll last a night or two of drinkin, and at 60 cents a bottle who cares.

The problem with the diet tonics I’ve found is that they really do throw off the flavor of a G&T. I don’t want to say that they make it sweet but it’s weird enough that it throws me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I always put a shot of lime juice in my G+T so sweet doesn’t bother me