Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Yup. Went to do some feelgood 'communications' stuff for Obama, and quit after only a few months, likely when even he saw it was a bullshit non-job.

He tried to order Chinese food and when he was told you can't loving do that at the White House he said "but they do it all the time on The West Wing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

NienNunb posted:

What's your dream show for the boys to cover on Time For My Stories? No anime.

Columbo, Mad Men, Miami Vice, Homicide, FBI, Perry Mason are all very big hopes for me. I would say The Leftovers but my heart can't handle them making GBS threads on god's most perfect tv show.

Every TV Gundam series in in-universe chronological order

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I agree mostly because this would mean they start with The Origin, and I think they'd actually get a lot out of how Char is basically the Q mythology version of JFK Jr.

But this show is about American TV so that's kind of a non starter

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Gripweed posted:

You misspelled Legend of the Galactic Heroes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Don't make me tap the sign

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Felix already said on viperwave's stream that he didnt do twin peaks (though he feels like he should have). Im really hoping they do x-files and at least one of the star treks. Maybe Buffy? The only two modern shows I really want them to talk about are The Expanse and The Boys but I understand if they dont want to stray into the modern era and do shows that are still ongoing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Kolchak would be fun because it's only a single season but also had a big influence on Twin Peaks and the X-Files, plus it's really goofy that one week the wolfman is stalking Chicago and the next Dracula shows up and then Jack the Ripper and each time nobody remembers that this keeps happening or believes Kolchak when he tells them about it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I forgot about it but they are basically required to do 24

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They briefly talk about 24 in the Shield ep and kind of intimate that if Vic Mackey wasn't doing crimes it would basically be that

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They should reboot Chapo as a full-time Babylon 5 podcast

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Babylon 5, The X-Files, and Twin Peaks would all be interesting. Star Trek, as much as I love it, is sort of talked to death for me. Buffy could maybe work if they found some interesting angle on it, just making GBS threads on Whedon would be a snorefest.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 6, 2021

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Star Trek is interesting as its the evolutionary ancestor of all sci-fi tv in one way or another so if you want to do a show discussing foundational American tv shows its a little weird to leave it off.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I seem to remember Matt talking about X-Files briefly in a podcast. It was about conspiracies and how government coverups and conspiracies were popular in the 90s, making its way into mainstream media, and then 9/11 came along and that poo poo went away real quick. Getting a full ep on it would be nice though even if it would probably just be mostly this one point made over an hour long podcast.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dr.Radical posted:

I seem to remember Matt talking about X-Files briefly in a podcast. It was about conspiracies and how government coverups and conspiracies were popular in the 90s, making its way into mainstream media, and then 9/11 came along and that poo poo went away real quick. Getting a full ep on it would be nice though even if it would probably just be mostly this one point made over an hour long podcast.

It it's anything like the other podcast with felix that's just talking about old shows it would mostly just be kind of boring.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

WampaLord posted:

He tried to order Chinese food and when he was told you can't loving do that at the White House he said "but they do it all the time on The West Wing!"

whoa a wampalord sighting

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Millenium, which despite lasting only three season was really good but also really prophetic in the kind of shows that would follow.

Maybe Hannibal too.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Is the show only dramas? If not Nathan for You is IMO one of the most important shows post 2008 financial crisis

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao listening to an old Premium ep of Cum Town and Adam says Matt likes to eat Kraft Mac & Cheese with ketchup on it and after everyone barfs Nick yells “Amber can you confirm that? Kraft & Ketchup?” and she goes “yes of course, he’s from the Midwest!”
“Do you eat that?”
“No, it’s one of the reasons I left!”

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao listening to an old Premium ep of Cum Town and Adam says Matt likes to eat Kraft Mac & Cheese with ketchup on it and after everyone barfs Nick yells “Amber can you confirm that? Kraft & Ketchup?” and she goes “yes of course, he’s from the Midwest!”
“Do you eat that?”
“No, it’s one of the reasons I left!”

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/872474338980761601?s=21

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

My mom puts ketchup on spaghetti, like it already was made with spaghetti sauce and then she mixes ketchup in. She’s from Hawaii so I have no idea how she started doing that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yesssssss, Ken Krassenstein talking about Matt Gaetz on the new one

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Wizard Master posted:

Interesting you say that when both Adam and Felix liked her baby picture on Instagram - and that fact that Adam did that after what Dasha put him through speaks volumes.

I liked her baby photo first

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm the only one in my family that didn't put ketchup on mac and cheese - my mom's from the Midwest but my dad's Boston born and bred and did it his whole life and so did his family.

inferis posted:

My mom puts ketchup on spaghetti, like it already was made with spaghetti sauce and then she mixes ketchup in. She’s from Hawaii so I have no idea how she started doing that.

ewwwwwwwwwwww

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I've even heard of degenerates putting ketchup on eggs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Food Tribalism is some of my favorite bad posting but inverted food tribalism, in which you are ashamed of the culinary hallmarks of your homeland, is seriously the highest quality posting imaginable. Learning about the worst foods of a culture is endlessly fascinating to me.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

My wife, as a first generation kid of Asian immigrants, put ketchup on white rice. That’s it, that’s the whole meal.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Ketchup on Mac and cheese is also a thing in Canada, hence:

https://youtu.be/8TnWIICkBeE

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Bust Rodd posted:

Food Tribalism is some of my favorite bad posting but inverted food tribalism, in which you are ashamed of the culinary hallmarks of your homeland, is seriously the highest quality posting imaginable. Learning about the worst foods of a culture is endlessly fascinating to me.

West Virginia, weirdly, has nothing to be ashamed of.

Our only regional fastfood chain is a biscuit/breakfast place but it's middle of the road as far as those go. And Dairy Queens in WV have a weird franchising agreement that lets them do basically whatever they want -- one of the highest rated places to eat in the entire state is a Dairy Queen.

Pepperoni Rolls are fine, as long as you do round pepperoni and not stick. That's the only regional fight.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

texas has amazing food. cant really think of anything that sucks here. i guess some people hate tex mex but they are wrong

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

space uncle posted:

My wife, as a first generation kid of Asian immigrants, put ketchup on white rice. That’s it, that’s the whole meal.

That just sounds like poverty

See also: margarine sandwich

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

to be fair to matt, hot sauce on mac and cheese is good as hell

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You could always do it the Canadian way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

space uncle posted:

If you make fried rice with ketchup you get omurice which actually owns and is wildly popular in japan

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Matt is absolutely Sisko
Matt is Benny Russell

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

West Virginia, weirdly, has nothing to be ashamed of.

Our only regional fastfood chain is a biscuit/breakfast place but it's middle of the road as far as those go. And Dairy Queens in WV have a weird franchising agreement that lets them do basically whatever they want -- one of the highest rated places to eat in the entire state is a Dairy Queen.

lol what I live in SC and can assure you Tudor's is god-tier. And are you talkin about the DQ in Hinton?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

inferis posted:

If you make fried rice with ketchup you get omurice which actually owns and is wildly popular in japan

ok now defend spaghetti napolitan

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I never saw anyone dip pizza into ranch until college.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drake no: ketchup with mac and cheese

drake yes: dipping grilled cheese in ketchup

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You dip it in tomato soup smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ketchup only goes on Hamburger, Hot Dog, French Fry and THAT’S IT!!!