Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So do wolf woman and goat man gently caress or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor’s defense tonight man.......

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On the bright side hopefully we'll never have to see this loving werewolf commercial ever again

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DC Murderverse posted:

Uh, Butler is 3 minutes away from winning

Yeah, 2017 was Gonzaga's close one, this is their UConn.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i knew this would happen. many of the genuinely most knowledgeable people were saying houston was the second best team left in the elite eight and baylor whooped their rear end

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Baylor definitely showed up but Timme getting exposed as a fraud is probably the biggest story of this game. Absolute dogshit performance with multiple unforced errors. All of his points were created off his guards getting him wide open layups.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Spiritus Nox posted:

Baylor’s defense tonight man.......

Gonzaga is shooting over 50% from the floor and have just missed a lot of wide open 3s. Their defense has been good, don't get me wrong, but they're winning because of their awesome offensive rebounding and sick guard play from these pull up 3s

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Brogeoisie posted:

Gonzaga is shooting over 50% from the floor and have just missed a lot of wide open 3s. Their defense has been good, don't get me wrong, but they're winning because of their awesome offensive rebounding and sick guard play from these pull up 3s

Yeah Gonzaga has a better shooting percentage than Baylor lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lol a Big XII team that stuck with their coach for almost 20 years. UT poaching TTUs coach and going to dump him in like four years.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I quite like the kids on this Baylor team but gently caress that university and its fans

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brogeoisie posted:

Feel like Baylor hitting threes was an expected thing here. Maybe not quite as well as they have, but they were going to hit a bunch.

Gonzaga not hitting from outside until the game was already over is the part I didn't see coming.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
We all thought Suggs was the new Kris Jenkins but it turns out he's the new Marcus Paige

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah I'm going to bed

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

General Dog posted:

So do wolf woman and goat man gently caress or what?

Good question.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

"gently caress OUTTA HERE"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Glad a team didn't go undefeated this year.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Like the "gently caress outta here!" the mics caught

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Did Kispert say "I was vertical, man" because that was lamest poo poo I've ever heard, he truly is Mike Dunleavy reborn

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

i need someone to do it to shut up the vile bobby knight people

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah but this means we have to hear about undefeated Indiana for another year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We'll always have the bank shot Jalen :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

shirts and skins posted:

All right, I've seen enough. Gonzaga, you're never winning a championship. Congrats on being the new Butler.

lol they've been in the tournament every year since 98, have a loaded roster with like basically all four and five star type guys and what could be their best class ever coming in and their last six tournaments have even elite 8, sweet 16, title game, sweet 16, elite 8, title game. They're not some scrappy underdog mid major who had a hot run, they're one of the like five best programs in the country. They could very easily be right back here again next year.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man it has to feel the WORST to be on second and third stringers losing team to play that last minute where you're not winning.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hogs put up a better fight against Baylor than Houston or Gonzaga lol

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Congrats on your title in two years Oklahoma.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how much bull poo poo do i need to sit through before they play the song

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I agree about shutting up Indiana but it would just feel weird in this shortened season. Idk

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So much COVID happening on that Baylor Football field rn.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MourningView posted:

lol they've been in the tournament every year since 98, have a loaded roster with like basically all four and five star type guys and what could be their best class ever coming in and their last six tournaments have even elite 8, sweet 16, title game, sweet 16, elite 8, title game. They're not some scrappy underdog mid major who had a hot run, they're one of the like five best programs in the country. They could very easily be right back here again next year.

Absolutely, I understand and agree with all of that in principle. But at a certain point the "choker" smell doesn't wash off anymore.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

A final steal for hilarity

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Wait are there like Mullet Twins on baylor?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Good job only losing by 16 Zags. I don't know if I'm joking or not, ha.

Baylor was so damned good.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Are they mullets or are they COVID haircuts

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor won a natty.

Holy poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

shirts and skins posted:

Absolutely, I understand and agree with all of that in principle. But at a certain point the "choker" smell doesn't wash off anymore.

Who has been consistently better in the tournament recently? Villanova? That's the only team I can thing of with a great argument

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 6, 2021

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Hogs put up a better fight against Baylor than Houston or Gonzaga lol

Just sitting here wondering what could have been if Sills hit that 3 to make it 64-63 :rip:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Brogeoisie posted:

I mean yea but also Gonzaga has been *pretty good* at scoring this year lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

i'm sorry but it is extremely funny to take loaded teams who don't win and call them frauds, i am still mad at clayton kershaw

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MourningView posted:

Who has been consistently better in the tournament recently? Villanova? That's the only team I can thing of with a great argument

Nova absolutely. Best program of the past 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MourningView posted:

Kinda depends on what your definition of "better" is, because if your goal is to win the tournament then the answer is any recent champion.

I get it, all this can change in an instant, Virginia lost to a 16 seed and won it all the year after. But this is going to be real hard to come back from.