Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I thought Baylor had a chance to win this but never in my wildest dreams did I see it being a blowout from the word go

Amazing performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Jiro posted:

So much COVID happening on that Baylor Football field rn.

Yeah, I tuned in late so that was the first I saw of it but I turned it off right afterwards. Such complete morons.

Baylor good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I thought Baylor had a chance to win this but never in my wildest dreams did I see it being a blowout from the word go

Amazing performance

i haven't watched either of these teams at all this year and baylor made them look like complete chumps

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

Who has been consistently better in the tournament recently? Villanova? That's the only team I can thing of with a great argument

In what way is Villanova not slam dunk indisputably better than Gonzaga in the tourney recently? They have two rings in the last 4 tournaments that have been staged before this one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Anyway let's not lose sight of the program that *has* overcome adversity

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1379275958977495041

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

fast cars loose anus posted:

In what way is Villanova not slam dunk indisputably better than Gonzaga in the tourney recently? They have two rings in the last 4 tournaments that have been staged before this one.

Yeah I agree I just meant that's pretty much it, no one else is consistently making deep runs like Gonzaga is. Maybe Michigan too I guess but either way it's a really short list. People treat them like they're still getting bounced in the second round every year or something.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Jiro posted:

So much COVID happening on that Baylor Football field rn.

These are people who voluntarily live in Waco Texas.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway let's not lose sight of the program that *has* overcome adversity

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1379275958977495041

don't quote chris paul enablers please

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I....... can't tell if he's serious or not

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

shirts and skins posted:

Kinda depends on what your definition of "better" is, because if your goal is to win the tournament then the answer is any recent champion.

I get it, all this can change in an instant, Virginia lost to a 16 seed and won it all the year after. But this is going to be real hard to come back from.

They've been to the final game 2x in last 5 years, have a top 10 recruiting pipeline, and have probably 3 of 5 starters returning, including Drew Timme who Kenpom has best player in the country (though he struggled today). I think they'll get over the hump eventually, just some RNG to this crap with single elimination. If they get another one-and-done of Suggs talent level, they'll win 30 games next year and be odds on favorite to go to the final four again.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

Yeah I agree I just meant that's pretty much it, no one else is consistently making deep runs like Gonzaga is. Maybe Michigan too I guess but either way it's a really short list. People treat them like they're still getting bounced in the second round every year or something.

oh I see, yeah that's reasonable

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I edited this into another post and then it got lost but Dean Smith was a choker forever until he wasn't. If you have great teams every year you will probably break through eventually, single elimination tournaments are goofy

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
THOSE loving STUPID WOOD PLANKS ARE FLYING IN WACO TONIGHT

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Yeah, I tuned in late so that was the first I saw of it but I turned it off right afterwards. Such complete morons.

Baylor good

It's a good thing so many of them are pre-med! :suicide:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress Gonzaga.

All my homies hate Gonzaga.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyway it was my toxx that did it imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is wrong with scott drew

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shut the gently caress up nantz and play the goddamn song

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

R.D. Mangles posted:

He’s excited! Also lol at the John Lee Hancock name drop

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

he's been at baylor for 18 years

R.D. Mangles posted:

shut the gently caress up nantz and play the goddamn song

no I want to see footage of nantz forcing some confused player to accept his tie, the weirdest and most jim nantz tradition imaginable

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a great rebuilding job. rebuilding from what? uh, back to you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

he's been at baylor for 18 years

no I want to see footage of nantz forcing some confused player to accept his tie, the weirdest and most jim nantz tradition imaginable

no that is the toast card

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Those Bliss teams really weren’t bad, although I think Drew only inherited one or two scholarship players since everyone was allowed to transfer out. Though in retrospect they underachieved, judging by Lucas and Roberts becoming all-Americans after they left.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Boy though, I thought a Baylor blowout was possible, especially given that Gonzaga had to deal with all the extra physical/emotional exhaustion of the nailbiter in the final four + the weight of completing a perfect season....but I didn't think it would actually happen!

Holy poo poo!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1379277546424922116

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I just want them to play One Shining Moment so I can go to bed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whatever happened to the "baylor bitch" guy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

what a great rebuilding job. rebuilding from what? uh, back to you

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Boy though, I thought a Baylor blowout was possible, especially given that Gonzaga had to deal with all the extra physical/emotional exhaustion of the nailbiter in the final four + the weight of completing a perfect season....but I didn't think it would actually happen!

Holy poo poo!

Yeah, same. That was nuts. Baylor just outgunned them from the getgo, Gonzaga couldn't keep them off the boards.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Asking the real questions

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

anne frank fanfiction moved out of texas so he no longer has the power to make his team win by saying ..bitch

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Benne posted:

On the bright side hopefully we'll never have to see this loving werewolf commercial ever again

bro you think that's worse than the allstate commercial? i hate that loving song so much now

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

....That might've been me? I don't recall having a reputation as "the baylor bitch guy" but I said it a few times in another life, and I don't remember anyone else saying it....

Anyway I stopped posting for a while after the Briles poo poo for Obvious Reasons (gently caress Art Briles) and between the sports results and Real Life poo poo I just didn't have it in me to post about sports a lot for a few years.

National championship's enough to pull me back out for a bit, I guess.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

anne frank fanfiction moved out of texas so he no longer has the power to make his team win by saying ..bitch

ohhhhhhhh I forgot about that guy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Those Bliss teams really weren’t bad, although I think Drew only inherited one or two scholarship players since everyone was allowed to transfer out. Though in retrospect they underachieved, judging by Lucas and Roberts becoming all-Americans after they left.

He had one winning season and no tournament appearances while...uh...cheating a bit.

I mean, I know Baylor everything for a while there might lead you to believe this is not that bad, but it really wasn't any better than the guy before.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
jim nantz is going to go from shoving his tie into the hands of a senior who he deems to be of sufficient moral character straight to a private jet to Augusta national, this is the absolute peak of the caucasian people, man can get no whiter or WASPier

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Fellas, is it Gonzaga to suck your own dick?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one shining moment going back a month to the time when there were big ten teams in the tournament

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

bro you think that's worse than the allstate commercial? i hate that loving song so much now

I’m a little bit tired of Matt and Kim’s “It’s Alright” after 7 straight years of Buick ads featuring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davion Mitchell's last few games might be some of the most masterful individual performances I've ever seen from any Baylor athlete tho....that man was a monster late in the tournament.