Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ape Agitator posted:

Is psprices just messed up right now? They say there's a 50% discount on DLC on the PSN in the US, like Leatherface and stuff. Doesn't match with my PSN.

Yeah I'm wondering too, all the DLC is at full price for me, only the Silent Hill and Stranger Things editions are -20%.

EU PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Scratched Mirror Myers with an indoor offering is the most immersive and fun thing ever, though.

Yeah but indoor map offerings are kinda rare.

I dunno, I like Myers when I'm feeling like some dead simple stab sessions. Ghost Face is fun but requires too much thinking sometimes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

rydiafan posted:

Scratched Mirror Myers with an indoor offering is the most immersive and fun thing ever, though.

Oh yeah he has some of the best gimmick addon loadouts still, just oh man does Ghost Face absolutely feel like lessons learned after Myers and Pig for a 'sneaky' killer.

Also get Silent Hill on sale if you have even a little interest, Pyramid Head is really good and you can buy most everyone else if you're on the grind, but licensed is cash only, so sale's your deal if you wanna get em cheap.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I feel like with Pyramid Head I'm forced into taking cheap shots when survivors are stuck in animations, since people who know what they're doing will literally take one sidestep out of the beam's width and teabag while it fails to hit

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DeathChicken posted:

I feel like with Pyramid Head I'm forced into taking cheap shots when survivors are stuck in animations, since people who know what they're doing will literally take one sidestep out of the beam's width and teabag while it fails to hit

Yeah that and getting the double hit if they unhook in front of you is pretty much what it's for. Considering one of those animations you can hit people on is vaulting a pallet it's a powerful option for a 115 killer. You can get cute anticipating paths if they're looping tight behind walls and pull things with I'm All Ears if that's not enough for you.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm All Ears on Pyramid Head is the second most fun thing about Ghostface

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Pyramid head with tinkerer can get multiple hits on gens through walls too, pair with discordance for a good time.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just had an OoO user complain that I tunneled him. Like, what?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

rydiafan posted:

I don't have anything to say to this besides "lmao".

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
can;t believe the ciller is obsessed with the object!!!!!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

rydiafan posted:

it's pretty freaky when you jump down a level and Myers gets a hit before you land

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
been having a hard time finding matches past few days as survivor which seems weird

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

"You're supposed to let me cheat with my discord buddies" is all their bitching ever really sums up to.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://v.redd.it/sgsxl1wsvbr61/DASH_1080.mp4

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wow, I accidentally climbed all the way to rank 6 as killer and suddenly it's nothing but back to back to back sweathogs doing poo poo like sending the match to Gideon's and teabagging at all 10,000 safe loops

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://v.redd.it/b249ehgawdr61/DASH_1080.mp4
(version with audio: https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/mkpo07/i_added_mr_x_and_leon_kennedy_to_dead_by_daylight/)

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I haven't played much since the update but what they did to Gideon's is a legit warcrime.

Even on a killer that made use of pallets like Doc, the time spent kicking is probably equal to or greater than time spent in chases.

It's low-key killer bullying straight from the devs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I haven't had a single game in the past week where I wasn't dropped into a match against a full SWF. Good poo poo BHVR.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I haven't played much since the update but what they did to Gideon's is a legit warcrime.

Even on a killer that made use of pallets like Doc, the time spent kicking is probably equal to or greater than time spent in chases.

It's low-key killer bullying straight from the devs.

I had the same thought as I watched someone on it for the first time, remember when they "reduced pallets" only to do this now lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm brand new to DBD and playing killer is very frustrating

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's a survivor sided game, no matter how many streamers being paid to shill this game will say otherwise

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tithin posted:

The new player experience is very bad even aside BHVR being obviously survivor-sided most times sadly. Once you get some perks and kinda learn how stuff works it mitigates it a bit, but survivors will always have some dumb bullshit.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

tithin posted:

It's a frustrating game. There's a lot more to learn about playing killer, and playing killer badly is much more frustrating than playing survivor badly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tithin posted:

If you've saved up BP on survivor, go ahead and buy up a killer a few ranks which can give you a lot more flex and options. However, my big advice would be, first, just completely write off your first eight games, and second, count it as a win if you get one kill.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DeathChicken posted:

Wow, I accidentally climbed all the way to rank 6 as killer and suddenly it's nothing but back to back to back sweathogs doing poo poo like sending the match to Gideon's and teabagging at all 10,000 safe loops

It's amazing how bad a map Gideon is for killers. Borderline unbelievable, really. I have no idea how to have any success in that shithole unless the survivors actively gently caress up repeatedly.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nessus posted:

If you've saved up BP on survivor, go ahead and buy up a killer a few ranks which can give you a lot more flex and options. However, my big advice would be, first, just completely write off your first eight games, and second, count it as a win if you get one kill.

Thanks!

I'm following some advice and decided to move from huntress to leatherface for his perk for more BP - not sure how to give it to other killers yet

his chainsaw took some getting used to but it's not bad.

I've had a few kills, I just finished a 3 kill game which was nice? last guy rabbitted out of a bolt hole unfortunately.

I also picked up ghostface but people tell me he's bad - ideally we get a scary movie version of him and cindy campbell at some point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tithin posted:

Thanks!

I'm following some advice and decided to move from huntress to leatherface for his perk for more BP - not sure how to give it to other killers yet

I also picked up ghostface but people tell me he's bad - ideally we get a scary movie version of him and cindy campbell at some point.

Leatherface is good and yeah BBQ & Chili is the killer point bonus perk. You just switch to another killer and spend the BP in their blood web.

Also whoever told you Ghost Face is bad is high, he's very good, even if you end up just M1'ing people, he can turn his terror radius and stain off with one button and it doesn't even slow him to a crawl like Pig.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It also doesn't stop him from grabbing and doesn't make any noise, major advantages over Pig.

Ghostface is solid. Always good, never the best.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh and the way other killers get a unique from another, when you get a killer to 30-35-40 you'll notice an orange version of one of their perks in those web milestones, you unlock it there and it goes into the normal rotation, so it can start popping up in everyone else's webs. BBQ from Leatherface is amazingly good to have unlocked for everyone else, Enduring from Billy is very good, Brutal Strength from Trapper used to be the most important perk in the game but can still be nice to run sometimes, Hex: Ruin from Hag, Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright are both good from Plague, Hex: Undying from Blight and some others.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 6, 2021

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Got my first 4 kill :toot:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tithin posted:

Got my first 4 kill :toot:
Good job! Did they bunch up in chainsawing range?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nessus posted:

Good job! Did they bunch up in chainsawing range?

Alas no :( just 2 starters and 2 decent players.

Spread my focus to pressure the good players away from gens, and went for the people who kept getting in my way

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQXO7yFbLA
Haven't watched it in a while, but I'd recommend Otz's video for new players.

Cease to Hope posted:

It's a frustrating game. There's a lot more to learn about playing killer, and playing killer badly is much more frustrating than playing survivor badly.

I extremely disagree with this. If you play badly as a survivor you're out of the game, and if you played with others they're probably out too.

I do think killer is more stressful though, since there's no reliance on other players to take the stress off.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Studio posted:

If you play badly as a survivor you're out of the game

I mean that's kind of a big thing as to why, if you're in a bad game as a survivor you can suicide out even, if you're in a bad game as a killer, you have to deal with being miserable unless you want quit penalties.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

If I play badly as a killer the matches are over as fast as a self-death :shepicide:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've been watching a bunch of Otz's videos and it feels like at anything approaching high end, the scenario in Dead by Daylight is just rear end backwards.

It's supposed to be four scared survivors desperately hiding from a supernatural killer, not one killer struggling to get something done while four dudes literally run rings around them and force them to do maths to figure out which of the four desperate, helpless survivors are safe to attack so one of their balanced skills doesn't just gently caress the killer over instantly.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If you play badly as Killer then gens are slammed and you lose. If you play badly as Survivor you Dead Hard out of the situation you put yourself in, run to a nigh-invincible loop and stall until gens are slammed.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
If you were playing badly as a survivor, you wouldn't know what loops are nigh invincible and that you have to chain together loops properly to really waste the killer's time. Also you would dead hard into a wall or end up exhausted on the ground. It's easier to play survivor than killer for a bunch of reason, but the game's not that imbalanced that some one just starting out is going to put the screws to any old killer.

Also the game's been out for years. You're not going to maintain a horror game atmosphere in a multiplayer game after about a hundred hours - hell after about ten or twenty. And it's a competitive game. If you aren't as good as the other side, you shouldn't expect to still be oppressive just because of your role. Like the lack of a really good MMR sucks but I can't think of any game where you should have the expectation of winning when going up against players who are better than you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Even playing in a dumb super serious tournament thing, Otz just got completely monkey stomped, four survivors running all their highest grade bullshit in any amount of coordination really feels next to unwinnable.

TGLT posted:

If you aren't as good as the other side, you shouldn't expect to still be oppressive just because of your role.

This feels really stupid in a Killer v Survivor thing though, not to mention, it feels like even on par with or sometimes slightly better, you still lose because BHVR coincidentally lag behind on one side's balance a whole lot. The game feels far from competitive and if anything, that's the surest playing way to burn out on it and end up hating it when you run into that wall of "balance" that's been maintained.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Oh for sure, four very good survivors are going to trounce the best killers. And gently caress me if there aren't a bunch of maps or bad tile spawns that can make winning even against a more evenly matched group loving tough. But you're not going to get those really strong SWFs all that often, and the maps can gently caress survivors up too.

If you find you're having issues, record your matches and post them up on Youtube for critiquing. I think OhTofu still does gameplay reviews? And you'd find people in this thread willing to look them over and give you advice. Even if you're going up against a god squad, there's probably still room for improvement.

Yardbomb posted:

This feels really stupid in a Killer v Survivor thing though, not to mention, it feels like even on par with or sometimes slightly better, you still lose because BHVR coincidentally lag behind on one side's balance a whole lot. The game feels far from competitive and if anything, that's the surest playing way to burn out on it and end up hating it when you run into that wall of "balance" that's been maintained.

Competitive, not well balanced. Like Smash competitive if one person had a completely different set of options. And something like a third of them were Little Mac. DBD hasn't been angling to be a proper horror sim for a while now.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 6, 2021