Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

It certainly wasn't funny, I tell you hwhat.

Me back then would have thought it was funny. Humor standards have changed

E: I just realized that this is a completely poo poo snipe. Sorry

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

ultrafilter posted:

They were banned in 2007. Site standards were different back then.

yeah, no active transphobia in the post so it has to go

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Most SA posts in the early-mid 2000's were just literal transcriptions of the audio of saws going through metal and trucks full of glass smashing into a pile of pianos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And liveposting from clumsy French waiters falling into trucks full of armed mousetraps.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I might have made a post like that back in 2007 and I would want to have been banned if I did.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

The hatred some goons feel for each other is only surpassed by their self-loathing. In fact I think the two are inextricably linked. Whenever I encounter a fat neckbeard with a fedora who speaks weird English* at an inappropriate volume and sperges out over poo poo like Warhammer, I die a little inside because I realise that had my life taken a different road, I might have ended up just like him. Not that my current life as a borderline alcoholic poet is that much better, all things considered. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

*I live in a non-English speaking country

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
The Belgian, waffling alcoholic poet has logged on.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pope Hilarius II posted:

The hatred some goons feel for each other is only surpassed by their self-loathing. In fact I think the two are inextricably linked. Whenever I encounter a fat neckbeard with a fedora who speaks weird English* at an inappropriate volume and sperges out over poo poo like Warhammer, I die a little inside because I realise that had my life taken a different road, I might have ended up just like him. Not that my current life as a borderline alcoholic poet is that much better, all things considered. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Do you take requests? Can you do a poem about Warhammer playing neckbeards?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pope Hilarius II posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't make me tap the name

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Pope Hilarius II posted:

This post is best read as him sadly drinking in a corner while being insanely bitter that the Warhammer guy has friends to sperge to.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Most SA posts in the early-mid 2000's were just literal transcriptions of the audio of saws going through metal and trucks full of glass smashing into a pile of pianos.

I recall it sounding like a ball pit full of unsupervised drunken children

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Yall poo poo on this post when it's basically a Disco Elysium tech demo, shame on you

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Barry Foster posted:

Yall poo poo on this post when it's basically a Disco Elysium tech demo, shame on you

As written by me at 15.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the game universally praised for the quality of its writing, versus:

quote:

Brain – “I friggin' knew it! You tool!”

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Barry Foster posted:

first they laugh at u

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Just because effort is put into a thing doesn't make it good, and learning to recognize that is one of the key steps to improving.

Unlike my posts which have never and will never have any effort put into them, and are all terrible.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 11:57 on Apr 5, 2021

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

Do you take requests? Can you do a poem about Warhammer playing neckbeards?

no

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Just because effort is put into a thing doesn't make it good, and learning to recognize that is one of the key steps to improving.

Unlike my posts which have never and will never have any effort put into them, and are all terrible.

Says the goon whoe dits the post

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Phy posted:

You'd think people taking aphrodisiacs made from endangered animals would put two and two together and realize that it's clearly not working so great for the animals

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe the animals are endangered because they have to kill and powder-fy themselves just to have sex, smart guy.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There is a fine line between discouraging people from making effort and telling them that although this sucks big time I see what you were trying to do there

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Captain Beans posted:

nothing is going to top the youtube auto captions -> english

General Dog posted:

Tsar Bombadil

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Gandalf the Red

EorayMel has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Apr 6, 2021

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I can respect that

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

oldpainless posted:

The thing is that Fake Alts, when used with some restraint and forethought, can be extremely useful tools in certain situations.

3 minutes later

notoldpainless posted:

Good point. No, GREAT point. Another great post by you. Always enjoy reading your posts good sir. By far the best poster on here and no mistake. Anytime I see your name I know another entertaining and thought provoking post is incoming. Boy howdy they just make my day. Holy loving goddamn they’re so great

2 minutes later

Smirking_Serpent posted:

more like altpainless

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

For some reason that made me think of the fact that "pain" means "bread" in French and I want to claim Unlimited Painsticks as a name

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mostlygray posted:

Up on the Iron Range, they're referred to as "The dumps". They're taconite reserves. Not worth stripping the iron out now, but, once the Range runs out of easy taconite, it will be useful. The proper term is "Spoil Bank" but everyone just calls it "The Dumps."

They turn into hills covered in trees pretty quickly. Mostly Aspen but Pine too. In a few hundred years, someone will process them for Iron. It's all open pit up there so there's no reason to push everything back. You just get free lakes and hills.

The Tower-Soudan mine (deep mine) is used for scientific research so it's still useful for that as well as tourist traffic. The pumps are still on. https://www.soudan.umn.edu/

zedprime posted:

I think we can all relate to dealing with the dumps after taconite.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Catching up on the r/relationships thread and only about 6 or 7 months behind.

DemoneeHo posted:

My(26F) boyfriend(26M) collects the flags of every country he has visited.

He now has the flags of China, Turkey, Morocco, Vietnam, Switzerland, Peru and Norway. Are there too many red flags in this relationship?

canyoneer posted:

One one hand, that's a lot of red flags. On the other hand, he's got the Swiss flag, which is a big plus.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Martman posted:

For some reason that made me think of the fact that "pain" means "bread" in French and I want to claim Unlimited Painsticks as a name

I was thinking that alt is old in German

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Baron von Eevl posted:

boooooo

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

*chuckles dad-ishly*

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That thread is 100% fake and lame. And the fake question you quoted is making the exact same joke as the reply.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

xtal posted:

That thread is 100% fake and lame. And the fake question you quoted is making the exact same joke as the reply.

You have missed the main joke in the reply.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

xtal posted:

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You have missed the main joke in the reply.

lol

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Using a sockpuppet to deliver a forced, unnatural setup for a pun they read on reddit ten years ago isn't good imo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Ah yes, noted reddit pastime "oldpainless name puns"

e: how the hell did I mess up which quote you were talking about. I leave this here as a testament to my shame

e2: oh yeah it was the sockpuppet claim out of nowhere. I leave this up as a testament to my probably being wrong but in context making the most logical assumption-ness

Splicer has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Apr 6, 2021

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Scarodactyl posted:

Using a sockpuppet to deliver a forced, unnatural setup for a pun they read on reddit ten years ago isn't good imo.

:confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Swiss flag is literally a big plus

e: unless that's just the username/post combo :v:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

e: unless that's just the username/post combo :v:

i think the issue is the accusation of creating a sockpuppet for that?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Captain Hygiene posted:

Where was the sockpuppet in that thread? Like Splicer, I thought they were referring to the oldpainless thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EasilyConfused posted:

Where was the sockpuppet in that thread? Like Splicer, I thought they were referring to the oldpainless thread.

I didn't look close and thought it was the same poster complaining about the r/relationships pun. Now it is I who am easily confused!