Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lib and let die posted:

Every year I ask myself this and every year new christmas music gets made by someone and I remember it's a genre of crap made to sell crap.
I have the most bizarre respect for Mariah Carey because she somehow managed to produce a Christmas song in 1994 that actually cracked the endless boomer wall of Christmas music

sure, All I Want for Christmas Is You isn't good or anything, but goddamn, it at least sounds like it was made within the last three decades, it's a nice change of pace from endless Sinatra or whatever

so here's to you, Mariah Carey, for briefly lifting my spirits by producing a song that is marginally less crap than all the competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if Boomers are responsible for this but knowing Boomers, they are responsible for this.

https://www.dollconnectionstore.com/annacarterbabies1.htm

https://www.ashtondrake.com/std-che...&utm_source=URL

This is probably worthy of it's own thread but I don't want to dive down this horrifying wormhole so that's all you guys

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I would rather die in the gutter than live in the villages.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
my A Christmas Story story is some boomer aunt and uncle love every second of that movie. they also thought the bunny suit scene was soooooooooo fuckin funny

so said aunt sewed up a bunny suit for me, and everybody made me put it on for i think my 7th birthday or something, in the middle of summer. i was old enough to remember it being kind of humiliating. guess what kid never played baseball or football like they wanted, instead did musicals and turned into a big ole commie?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

yeah that place needs to be glassed, then the earth salted for hundreds of generations(lol it will be underwater before then but we should still salt it, even then)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Agents are GO! posted:

:same:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah that place needs to be glassed, then the earth salted for hundreds of generations(lol it will be underwater before then but we should still salt it, even then)

The Earth will salt it for us.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Agents are GO! posted:

When I was a TA, I had my students go around the room and say their hometown and major. One kid goes "Hi, I'm Ross, I'm from The Villages. I know. Oh, and I study biology."

Ross was apparently an oops baby whose parents moved to the Villages. They had to get a waiver to move a kid in to their house.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

My parents are talking about moving to FL when they retire and "joking" about being pansexual polyams and I swear to gently caress if this is why I will throw myself into the ocean.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

13Pandora13 posted:

My parents are talking about moving to FL when they retire and "joking" about being pansexual polyams and I swear to gently caress if this is why I will throw myself into the ocean.

"""""Joking"""""

E: Don't yuck someone else's yum. Let your dad enjoy a little dick in his golden years, as a treat.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm testing to see if this will post and so this thread seemed the appropriate place to do that
Edit: it worked please excuse me technology wise I'm an ultra Boomer
https://a.uguu.se/sRQijpLz.mp4

Spinz fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 6, 2021

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Batterypowered7 posted:

"""""Joking"""""

E: Don't yuck someone else's yum. Let your dad enjoy a little dick in his golden years, as a treat.

The pan isn't the problem, it's the old (unprotected) poly.

I'm bi AF, that gene had to come from somewhere.

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006
Was chilling with Boomer in laws yesterday and when dad turned on a light he said "let's shed some light on the situation..."

Later on when someone said they were going to the bathroom he said "I'll alert the media..."

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I.G.Y. posted:

Was chilling with Boomer in laws yesterday and when dad turned on a light he said "let's shed some light on the situation..."

Later on when someone said they were going to the bathroom he said "I'll alert the media..."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I.G.Y. posted:

This is the proper response to weirdos who think they need to inform the room ever time they head to the bathroom.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

13Pandora13 posted:

What, somebody gonna get knocked up? Skin to win.

When I was taking the family to Disney world and somebody as The Villages had my dream guitar at the time for cheap In Craigslist (Red USA Jag $600). Even called and it seemed legit, But i knew I couldn’t cram it into the car so I let it go.

Couple years later I found a comparable deal in blue and the guitar was terrible. So I sold it on the internet to great profit.

That’s my story about The Villages. I’m glad that happened to me yet also sorry to inflict it on you. But if you’re in the area I bet you can make a lot flipping boomer guitars.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Remulak posted:

What, somebody gonna get knocked up? Skin to win.

There's a lot of Hep C and other STIs among olds from all the rawdogging they do.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Batterypowered7 posted:

There's a lot of Hep C and other STIs among olds from all the rawdogging they do.

Sun City AZ was the STI capital of the world for a time. The Hep C cure is cool af but also very boomer, and very expensive depending on your insurance.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have the most bizarre respect for Mariah Carey because she somehow managed to produce a Christmas song in 1994 that actually cracked the endless boomer wall of Christmas music

sure, All I Want for Christmas Is You isn't good or anything, but goddamn, it at least sounds like it was made within the last three decades, it's a nice change of pace from endless Sinatra or whatever

so here's to you, Mariah Carey, for briefly lifting my spirits by producing a song that is marginally less crap than all the competition

If Christmas music wasn't absolute trash people would listen to it year round. On the subject of "new" Christmas song Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas time is honestly one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I hate that song so much.

bagmonkey posted:

I don't know if Boomers are responsible for this but knowing Boomers, they are responsible for this.

https://www.dollconnectionstore.com/annacarterbabies1.htm

https://www.ashtondrake.com/std-che...&utm_source=URL

This is probably worthy of it's own thread but I don't want to dive down this horrifying wormhole so that's all you guys

loving horrifying.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

CPL593H posted:

If Christmas music wasn't absolute trash people would listen to it year round. On the subject of "new" Christmas song Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas time is honestly one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I hate that song so much.

loving horrifying.

As bad as happy Christmas is, it's no same auld lang syne.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lib and let die posted:

The worst Christmas song is Christmas Shoes. Both because it sounds lovely but also because the story in the song is absolutely horrible.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Sun City AZ was the STI capital of the world for a time. The Hep C cure is cool af but also very boomer, and very expensive depending on your insurance.

mrna vaccine, of which the ronivax is the first, were researched and developed for hiv and cancer

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

13Pandora13 posted:

:aochloe:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The only good christmas album is Afroman

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CPL593H posted:

:same:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I have four covers of Santa Baby on my traditional work Christmas playlist entirely because everyone else hates it and I am largely ambivalent to its existence

as an aside Eartha Kitt owns

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

on the one hand smdh if you don't listen to the vince guaraldi trio christmas album year-round and skip the explicit carols depending on the season and your mood

on the other hand i'd be very tempted to trade that album to oblivion in exchange for never hearing Wonderful Christmastime ever again for all eternity as well

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Boomers in my experience love watching the same 5-10 movies all year on a rotating basis. For my in laws it’s Elf (they’ll watch it multiple times per day from October to February), White Christmas, The Hobbit trilogy (they think Tolkien’s books suck) and whatever new Marvel flick just got released.

Nothing is worse than watching a comedy movie for the five hundredth time to the point nobody is laughing anymore and then coming back the next day to see everyone watching it the gently caress again.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

ProperGanderPusher posted:

The Hobbit trilogy
:gonk:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomers don't actually like or even process media. It's all just colours and noises to them that are familiar.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's true very little of it sinks in

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Boomers love watching trash tv to feel better about themselves.

"Wow, you ever seen that show Hoarders? Geez! I might let the house get a little messy but at least I'm not that bad!"

Ok sure you're not as bad as the literal worst examples you can find. Congratulations. It still smells like cat piss in here and theres expired food from 2 years ago in your fridge. Yes I'm aware of the difference between an expiry date and a best before date. Throw that poo poo the gently caress out.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

ProperGanderPusher posted:

The Hobbit trilogy

i have never watched this and will continue to pretend it doesn't exist as i revisit Tolkien's classic 1937 children's novel.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

tango alpha delta posted:

i have never watched this and will continue to pretend it doesn't exist as i revisit Tolkien's classic 1937 children's novel.

It’s a great movie if you want constant bright noisy cgi action that allows you to show off your new subwoofer and 4K big screen that you bought on credit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lib and let die posted:

Hey now, you only have to hear that one like once a year. There are also other versions, we've just locked into the Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians version from 1953.

Interestingly GL&TRC did the new year's eve broadcasts from before they were on TV until 1976 when Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve took over. We've just been playing that version at midnight ever since.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Boomers don't actually like or even process media. It's all just colours and noises to them that are familiar.

That's what I noticed on my last two Christmases. In 2018, my dad watched a Christmas Day Dr. Who marathon all day long, which at some point started repeating episodes.

And in 2019, I noticed that CNN, the channel he has on at least until lunch time, basically runs the same 4 out of 5 stories every hour.

:smithicide:

ben shapino posted:

When CNN time is over it's all House Hunters, and Property Brothers for my parents. I swear every time someone refuses a house because they don't have stainless steel appliances my parents just bust a gut. "Look how stupid these kids are rejecting this really great house because it doesn't have stainless steel appliances!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ben shapino posted:

"Wow, you ever seen that show Hoarders? Geez! I might let the house get a little messy but at least I'm not that bad!"

Ok sure you're not as bad as the literal worst examples you can find. Congratulations. It still smells like cat piss in here and theres expired food from 2 years ago in your fridge. Yes I'm aware of the difference between an expiry date and a best before date. Throw that poo poo the gently caress out.

'you ever seen worst toughest prisons in the world on Netflix? These [REDACTED]s are living in luxury in US prisons! And they have the balls to bitch about it! In Africa 40 guys gotta spoon under a tin roof to sleep!'

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
The only excellent Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ94M_XHarI

Drives my kids nuts. :)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The only excellent Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ94M_XHarI

Drives my kids nuts. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gy0uMDz7yo

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

ben shapino posted:

I regularly find expired food in my boomers fridge and cupboards. I think the record is mayo 7 years past it's best by in the back of their canned goods shelf and my dad going 'why you throwing that out?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Iron Crowned posted:

And in 2019, I noticed that CNN, the channel he has on at least until lunch time, basically runs the same 4 out of 5 stories every hour.

My brother thankfully downloaded all of Law and Order, so my dad just constantly watches that instead of watching CBC Newsworld (24/7 news, but with less talking heads and more repeated news stories over and over and over again).