Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I just finished a Frasier rewatch and I feel the cracks showed up a loooot more this time around.

The first few seasons are really the gold, especially riding off the trail end of Cheers. Those later seasons spin a lot of wheels.

Eddie still rules tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahanTM/status/1379184636979376129

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1379175212927778823

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1379148587909607427

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

AHS: Hotel was worth it to me for Evan Peters basically playing Andrew Ryan. It's like Asylum for me, in that the overall storyline didn't really pan out, but there were so many individual pieces I liked that it was worth it.

Roanoke was... okay. My favorite parts by far were the meta bits, especially the actors at Comic-Con. It's also rare for an AHS season in that I felt the ending was its strength.

I couldn't get into Cult and that's when I stopped regularly watching the show, though I did later watch Apocalypse and 1984 after they had aired.

Freak Show is by far the absolute low point for the show, followed by Coven, IMO. Although Coven at least had a few good individual pieces.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I love star treks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If I had money then funding a DS9 HD remaster would be in my top 10 things to do. Six Feet Under is number 9.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I will never watch AHS but I'm glad it exists.

Anyway, weren't there two shows in the last year, year and a half that had, "person dies and afterlife is cybernetic matrix utopia with a catch" or was it just the one that was set at the mohonk mountain house

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Amazon had Upload. They also had that one with Fred Armisan and Maya Rudolph.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There's also like a couple Black Mirror episodes.

Forever (the Armisen/Rudolph show) I think was them in the actual afterlife, not a VR one, though it's been long enough I don't remember entirely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, there was something weird going on with Forever but it was definitely supposed to actually be the afterlife. Hard to say what it is without spoiling it but Devs ended with two of the main characters in a kind of digital afterlife that was a simulation of the real world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh poo poo! That Picard tease got me all excited!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Made For Love feels like a budget direct-to-streaming movie broken up into episodes and sucks. I genuinely feel I wasted my time in watching it. While the premise is very creepy most of the comedy lands flat and it just goes nowhere.

Do not watch.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Both Picard and Discovery started off good, but then ended up being kinda bad. But I will keep watching because I keep hoping that someone will realize why TNG was the best Star Trek series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oasx posted:

Both Picard and Discovery started off good, but then ended up being kinda bad. But I will keep watching because I keep hoping that someone will realize why TNG was the best Star Trek series.

That'd be the creators of Lower Decks and Seth MacFarlane.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can’t wait for S3 of The Orville. The improvements that show has made over its run have been amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I can’t wait for S3 of The Orville. The improvements that show has made over its run have been amazing.

The only thing I can really ding The Orville for in season 2 is that a lot of the early/mid episodes clearly just had "Allana" replaced with "Talla" in the script, but by the end of the season they still managed to give her her own character in earnest as they got ahead of what looked like a last-minute decision to leave the show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo! That Picard tease got me all excited!

You saw season 1, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

You saw season 1, right?

It's Q! I don't care how badly they cock things up, I just want to see Stewart and de Lancie play off each other one last time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe they'll finally kiss

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I've been watching Fargo for the first time, it's quite good. Though I like Legion better.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know that people like them, but they aren't really for me.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Oasx posted:

Look who hasn’t seen DS9.

Nundizo
Feb 9, 2021
https://twitter.com/aodespair/status/1379180145609748490?s=21
lol david simon and piers morgan going at it today

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Picard isn't going to do a "Goofy Q shows up and fucks with Picard for fun," it's going to do a dour "Angry/sulking Q shows up and gets Picard wrapped up in a convoluted plot about the Continuum that breaks the universe."

Don't get your hopes up.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Apparently only 38% of people that started Justice League finished it within a week.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How does that compare to the average? I'd imagine most companies dropoff rate for anything that's as long as ZSJL is has a pretty high abandon rate.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

At least Simon isnt calling someone a cockswallop or whoremitigator or whatever. Hes so bizaare on twitter

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

feedmyleg posted:

How does that compare to the average? I'd imagine most companies dropoff rate for anything that's as long as ZSJL is has a pretty high abandon rate.

I don't really know if there's anything to compare it too. It's not too often that a company premiers a 4 hour cut of a middling box office movie on their paid streaming service.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd think that any given TV show or limited series would be equivalent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So many people were binging the Marvel Netflix shows that it crashed the servers multiple times.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
With both Kong and ZSJL, next-day (aka first proper evening) I got multiple crashes and had to keep reconnecting the app.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It's harder to enjoy Q knowing how much of a tool John de Lancie is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

It's easy you simply "don't care"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

feedmyleg posted:

I'd think that any given TV show or limited series would be equivalent.

It's not 100% the same since TV shows and series have episodes that are natural stopping points. Yes, I know the JL movie is divided up into distinct chapters, but that's not the same as rolling the credits and deciding to continue with the next episode.

It's also not a "new" thing. How many of those 62% of people had already seen JL, didn't really care for it but gave this cut a shot, and decided that the new cut isn't really doing anything to change their opinion.

Regardless, it's not really helping all that synderverse trolls to convince Warner Media that they made a huge mistake not continuing his film vision.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Watching the HBO QAnon documentary, it made me laugh when they showed the guy who runs the Q account but denies it had a big poster of Star Trek Q in his room.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Q is kind of a tool. I can see Q getting caught up in some weird drama, just trying to shake some bucks from weird bronies.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bull3964 posted:

Apparently only 38% of people that started Justice League finished it within a week.

Is there a source on this? I'm always very highly skeptical when some news outlet claims to be reporting viewership data from a streaming service, because outside of some vague tidbits here and there (like the premiere of X series was the most-viewed new release on Y service's history), streaming engagement metrics are secrets more tightly held than the original Coca Cola recipe or the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It came from Samba TV which has instrumentation in Smart TV platforms. It's not the total audience, but assuming their metric collection was working properly, it should give a pretty good cross section.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

It's Q! I don't care how badly they cock things up, I just want to see Stewart and de Lancie play off each other one last time.

After season 1 of that show I'd expect them to do something like only actually have John de Lancie on set for an afternoon, and for the rest of the season it's like Picard and Crusher's clone child and they're also Q jesus and really good at punching and kicking dudes with guns.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

So many people were binging the Marvel Netflix shows that it crashed the servers multiple times.

HBO was impossible to access when the first episode of the GoT season 8 aired.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/VinceMancini/status/1379467083214323715

Can someone tell me if Cyborg says booyah in either JL cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

Q is kind of a tool. I can see Q getting caught up in some weird drama, just trying to shake some bucks from weird bronies.

In a shocking twist for 2021, Q is... Q