Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Proteus got perma'd, went to other forums and eventually lost his Internet, but rereg'd via Krakoa recently.

Edit: aaaah, lovely page snype. Penance panel cover.

(no details available)

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ygolonac posted:

(no details available)

For once, I'm glad there isn't.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Our Flag Comics #5 (1942)

Power Man #66 (1980)

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
just hiding behind a lamp post in my bright green and yellow costume, doo de doo...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just love how his giant-rear end collar is sticking up in every panel.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darthemed posted:

Our Flag Comics #5 (1942)

I love this so much because it makes me imagine the artist in the 1940s having like, one week to draw this comic in and only a vague secondhand idea of what a panther looks like.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Red Bones posted:

I love this so much because it makes me imagine the artist in the 1940s having like, one week to draw this comic in and only a vague secondhand idea of what a panther looks like.

It's obviously a xenomorph.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Red Bones posted:

Ah yes, the Panther of Gripsholm Castle.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Kevin Palpatine posted:

just hiding behind a lamp post in my bright green and yellow costume, doo de doo...

Well the street is obviously yellow and the shadows are blue, so a green outfit is about the best thing to wearing in that situation.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just love how his giant-rear end collar is sticking up in every panel.

Seriously, that probably would help. The human brain likes spotting human shapes and faces, so anything that breaks up his silhouette is a good thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, iron fist is not in any way a ninja.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A little while back someone linked the Mangasplaining podcast in this thread (hosted by Chip Zdarsky, David Brothers (former BSS mod iirc), Deb Aoki, and Christopher Butcher). Anyway, whoever you were, i just wanted to say thanks, it's been a great thing to listen to. This week they did Way of the Househusband and spoiler alert: they all fuckin loved it. In fact the episode is probably going to be the thing that gets me to finally start reading it, rather than just laughing at random pages as i stumble across them.

It also go me thinking i should maybe check out something Chip has worked on. Anyone got any funny panels or pages to convince me of something to try? :v:

Funny panel tax:

Spy x Family

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's Howard the Duck!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

X-Factor 72

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This maybe counts?
https://mobile.twitter.com/danielwarren86/status/1379619752973369346

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Generally we avoid edits, otherwise it eventually dissolves into 20 pages of "isn't it hilarious that this children's character was made to say 'gently caress'?"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Civil War and Final Crisis edits are exempted.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

A horse drawn from memory is only barely more ghoulish than a regular horse.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #1 (1942)

The Defenders #38 (1976)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

The Defenders #38 (1976)

I think the Elf with a Gun is still my favorite unexplained thing in comics. Four murders and then run over by a truck. No explanation whatsoever.

So random and weird. I love it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
X-Men #17

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm so waiting for follow up on Brood (the tiny mutant brood) becoming king of the Brood (the matriarchal xenomorph rip-off)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh good to see smasher again

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

site posted:

oh good to see smasher again

I love that whole dynamic. The working superhero couple and the husband's obnoxious best friend who moved in and won't leave.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm so waiting for follow up on Brood (the tiny mutant brood) becoming king of the Brood (the matriarchal xenomorph rip-off)

His name is Broo

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #10 (1943)

The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor #7 (1974)

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Green Lantern #10 (1943)

At last, Green Lantern meets his greatest adversary - Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Green Lantern #10 (1943)

"Great! My ho call worked! Time to buy some hos!"

(Jesus, most of those edits aged terribly. "PARKER BUYS JONAH A GIANT rear end-gently caress COFFEE" is still ok, thankfully, unless considered in light of the entire series)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Take that, people with diabetes!

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I assume Marvel sent the guy a cease-and-desist or something?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

His name is Broo

He hasn't shown up in so long I forgot his name.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Superman #330 (1978)

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 8, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SimonChris posted:

Superman #330 (1939)

1939?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oops, that's the date of the first Superman comic, of course. Fixed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This one got a good laugh out of me, Bobby's "funeral" from Ewing's New Avengers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Are those AIM or whatever superscientists?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Are those AIM or whatever superscientists?

Bobby bought/ran AIM for a while.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Did Magma wear a push-up bra to the funeral

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bobby bought/ran AIM for a while.

And called it Avengers Idea Mechanics.

Adbot