Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wrr posted:

No, as far as weird old timey faces go his is fairly normal.

Several of the rest of those suggestions fit in well with theories around the effects of Neoliberalism recreating every facet of its subjects' existence in its own image tho :tinfoil:

South Korea is probably Exhibit A for that one, hypercapitalist feudal nightmare and all, where plastic surgery has become routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1380670766342008833?s=20

Chaps, having a lovely time enjoying trench warfare

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nick Soapdish posted:

The sequel was so bad that the trilogy is at a standstill. OBVIOUSLY WWI is the good one.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Just absolutely depraved poo poo on Twitter. All loving day.

Holy poo poo. I missed him calling Hemingway a dork. :downs:

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 10, 2021

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
"Hey so I'm COVID symptomatic and still waiting on my test result, do I still have to stay quarantined over the weekend?"

God dammit I wish we could vaccinate for stupidity. Obviously it would have to be administered only after people join up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"Hey so I'm COVID symptomatic and still waiting on my test result, do I still have to stay quarantined over the weekend?"

God dammit I wish we could vaccinate for stupidity. Obviously it would have to be administered only after people join up.

I'm a fan of homeboy here getting tested because he felt like poo poo, then going straight to the gym after his test.

It's no exaggeration to say that he personally put our largest city in lockdown.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Better get it out of EUA first!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

South Korea is probably Exhibit A for that one, hypercapitalist feudal nightmare and all, where plastic surgery has become routine.

I’m just going to drop supplements to that exhibit here.

I have spoiler-tagged them out of an abundance of caution. They are photographs of clean bones in display cases.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Nearly 40% of Marines have declined Covid-19 vaccine

Only?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They got better vaccination rates with the anthrax vaccine.

loving give them all the shot and adsep anyone who refuses jesus loving christ.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We just got told in Australia not to take the Moderna vaccine for under 50 year old people, some risk of blood clots. Then you look at the stats and realise the risk is around 10% of the risk women on birth control pills face every day.

Motherfucker I would still take the loving Moderna shot if you had to jack that poo poo straight into my taint. Hook me up already.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think that was AZ not Moderna.

E: yeah just checked - AZ has clotting issues. There are none with moderna. Australia cannot even get the moderna vaccine at the moment since they aren’t allowed to export.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mr. Nice! posted:

They can't mandate an EUA-only vaccine. Once the vaccines get full FDA approval I'm sure they'll be mandated.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

ulmont posted:

They can't mandate an EUA-only vaccine. Once the vaccines get full FDA approval I'm sure they'll be mandated.

My dad keeps trying to bait people with the making an EUA vaccine mandatory thing. His morning coffee is usually at dawn with other veterans/chuds so there's probably some opportunity there but his actual friends and wife aren't even pretending to humor him with a debate.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

They got better vaccination rates with the anthrax vaccine.

After what happened with the Anthrax vaccine and the lives it destroyed, this seems like a strange position to adopt

Edit: doh, that was a fraud?

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 10, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grip it and rip it posted:

After what happened with the Anthrax vaccine and the lives it destroyed, this seems like a strange position to adopt

Well, yeah, experimental vaccines pose a risk. I wish I could have opted out, but thankfully didn't get a bad batch. I was meaning more that the anthrax vaccine was presented as a "get the shot or go to mast" situation more so than I was talking about the outcomes.

The covid vaccines are also safer than the anthrax shots. I wasn't even contemplating that when making the comparison. I just was talking vaccination rates.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I got my second moderna shot thursday afternoon and slept until 4pm friday, still had a 102° fever when I finally made it out of bed at 6:30 to find a thermometer, and had completely deranged fever dreams about an army of ninjas fighting George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich to stop the sale of america's toll roads to the saudi wealth fund.

A++ vaccine, would take again for recreational purposes

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I got my second moderna shot thursday afternoon and slept until 4pm friday, still had a 102° fever when I finally made it out of bed at 6:30 to find a thermometer, and had completely deranged fever dreams about an army of ninjas fighting George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich to stop the sale of america's toll roads to the saudi wealth fund.

A++ vaccine, would take again for recreational purposes

I just had a fever dream where I was arguing with a sentient 11 about how much of a loving idiot it was being about...who knows what, but 11 is a loving idiot sheister :colbert:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Icon Of Sin posted:

I just had a fever dream where I was arguing with a sentient 11 about how much of a loving idiot it was being about...who knows what, but 11 is a loving idiot sheister :colbert:

I wouldn't mess around with 11 if I were you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Screw 11, it's just a pair of ones trying to act big and tough. Call it out on it's poo poo.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Why would anyone hate 3?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PCjr sidecar posted:

Why would anyone hate 3?

Bob Belcher voice: IT KNOWS WHAT IT DID :mad:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/PaulSzoldra/status/1381977172328390658?s=19

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I did that with bikes long before I ever enlisted.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

CainFortea posted:

I did that with bikes long before I ever enlisted.

I once saw a group of ~20 students playing bicycle polo with thrift store croquet mallets riding a bunch of ratty old 10 speeds and BMX bikes. It looked extremely dangerous and really fun.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I remember taking every IBA panel we could find, and every knee and elbow pad to build a suit of armor for a PVT, who we then ordered around like a Kevlar Gollum to attack NCOs.

When he got hip tossed by an E5, he couldn't get back up.

"You can't hurt me! I'm invincible!"
"But can you get up?"
"No, S'arnt!"

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCvfXscMx4

Bike messengers were a proud band of brothers and utter idiots

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQNI7q6ABnc

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

canyoneer posted:

I once saw a group of ~20 students playing bicycle polo with thrift store croquet mallets riding a bunch of ratty old 10 speeds and BMX bikes. It looked extremely dangerous and really fun.

One of our public parks converted a tennis court into a bicycle polo field, it owns. I don't have a fixed gear bike to try it, but it looks fun as hell.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Nick Soapdish posted:

For a high school art project we had to pick an art movement and write about them. I went with Futurism, which is aesthetically very interesting. Unfortunately

quote:

the Futurist Manifesto had declared, "We will glorify war—the world's only hygiene—militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of freedom-bringers, beautiful ideas worth dying for, and scorn for woman."

So they were a bunch of proto-fascists. But this was right before WWI. These guys were front of the line to jump into the trenches, where the movement, and most of its members, died.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

This is what the military is truly about

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
At its corps, the military is a frat for people too stupid/broke to join/stay in college.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I don’t think you are suppose to joust a left hand vs a right hand person.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Crab Dad posted:

I don’t think you are suppose to joust a left hand vs a right hand person.

Ssshhhhhh.....

Just... just let it happen...

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Left-handed olympic fencers win a disproportionately high amount, therefore

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Those sinister fucks...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, yeah, experimental vaccines pose a risk. I wish I could have opted out, but thankfully didn't get a bad batch. I was meaning more that the anthrax vaccine was presented as a "get the shot or go to mast" situation more so than I was talking about the outcomes.

The covid vaccines are also safer than the anthrax shots. I wasn't even contemplating that when making the comparison. I just was talking vaccination rates.

There's also the math that the COVID vaccine is in response to an actual, non-fictional threat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

oh my god my antivax E6 was positively crowing about J&J being suspended.

this loving world.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://heavy.com/news/jonathan-pentland/

This guy is in trouble for significant achievements in racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

canyoneer posted:

https://heavy.com/news/jonathan-pentland/