Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Kevyn posted:

I was hoping it’d stick around until the actual Madden 25 comes out in a few years.

Maybe they will just re-release madden 25 in 2025 and hope no one notices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

MarcusSA posted:

NGL it’s crazy how long it taking them to get this on the PC.

Is all the cloud backend hardware still based on Xbox One/X tech? If so I could see waiting until that’s been upgraded to Series S/X hardware before you make a big push on PC streaming.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm getting really excited for the show. If they let me rebuild the 90s rangers roster, I'm gonna finally win one for us.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anno posted:

Is all the cloud backend hardware still based on Xbox One/X tech?

It is indeed.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I’ve played all the way through gta 5 (first time I ever finished it), and I’m deep into gta4 now too on my sx. Both games play so much better with a smooth frame rate, I was always struggling to drive with the erratic FPS previously. The main benefit is the quick resume and the zero loading times though. I could never stand how long those rockstar games take to load at the start. Moving onto RDR2 once gta4 is completed.

I’m starting to realise how impatient I am and how much that affected me not playing games because of loading times/lack of quick resume in the past. I’m a new and improved gamer now.

Anyone played Outriders? Might get it off gamepass if it’s good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Outriders is very good but I also don't have very high standards and don't traditionally play looter shooters.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

American McGay posted:

Outriders is very good but I also don't have very high standards and don't traditionally play looter shooters.

As someone that has played a bunch of looter shooters, Outriders is mediocre at best, but there’s some enjoyment to be had.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

People seem to be excited for it but it looks like Cowboy destiny? Or maybe cowboy borderlands is a better comparison. Not really the kind of game I play and if I was going to I'd probably do one of the popular ones

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

I’ve played all the way through gta 5 (first time I ever finished it), and I’m deep into gta4 now too on my sx. Both games play so much better with a smooth frame rate, I was always struggling to drive with the erratic FPS previously. The main benefit is the quick resume and the zero loading times though. I could never stand how long those rockstar games take to load at the start. Moving onto RDR2 once gta4 is completed.

I’m starting to realise how impatient I am and how much that affected me not playing games because of loading times/lack of quick resume in the past. I’m a new and improved gamer now.

Anyone played Outriders? Might get it off gamepass if it’s good.

GTA4 plays great now with 60fps. I'm enjoying it more than GTA5, the driving is great.

Does GTA5 have 60fps these days?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

John F Bennett posted:

GTA4 plays great now with 60fps. I'm enjoying it more than GTA5, the driving is great.

Does GTA5 have 60fps these days?

I think 60fps is coming later this year to current gen consoles.

I remember playing through GTA4 again recently, and then 5 right after that, and the difference in driving was kind of a shock. It definitely took a bit to get used to 5's driving.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fresh batch of Game Pass stuff:

quote:

April 8th:
GTA5 (Cloud and Console)
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Disneyland Adventures (Cloud)
Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud)

April 12th:
NHL 21 (Console) via EA Play

April 15th:
Rain on Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pathway (PC)

April 20th:
MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console)

Also, the following games are getting removed:

quote:

April 15th:
Deliver Us the Moon (Console and PC)
Gato Roboto (Console and PC)
Wargroove (Console and PC)

April 16th (EA Play):
Madden 15 (Console)
Madden 16 (Console)
Madden 17 (Console)
Madden 18 (Console)
Madden 25 (Console)
NHL 18 (Console)
NHL 19 (Console)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Isn't Disneyland Adventures already on there? At least it was in December.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Isn't Disneyland Adventures already on there? At least it was in December.
Cloud

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They gotta perfect it so they can completely embarrass Stadia (even more so)

they’ve already done that by 1) shipping a product 2) supporting it and committing to it longterm

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
finally had my first problem with my Series X!! turned the console on, no output at all from the console, tried to turn it off, it made the sound but the power button didn't do the pulsing thing it does when it shuts down and the console just stayed on. had to pull the power cable, plugged it back in and now it works just fine.

but now i'm PISSED and i'm buying a PS5!!!!! :colbert:

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

barnold posted:

finally had my first problem with my Series X!! turned the console on, no output at all from the console, tried to turn it off, it made the sound but the power button didn't do the pulsing thing it does when it shuts down and the console just stayed on. had to pull the power cable, plugged it back in and now it works just fine.

but now i'm PISSED and i'm buying a PS5!!!!! :colbert:

Weird, I had the same thing happen a couple of times in the last few days. Maybe it's something with the latest OS version.

For future reference you can hold down the power button for about 5 seconds and it will hard power off.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Welp, rumors are Phil is going for the jugular

https://venturebeat.com/2021/04/07/abandoned-for-ps5-is-not-a-secret-hideo-kojima-game/

Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Phil hinted at it with his shelf a month ago, so uh, place your bets, death stranding sigma, not PHills, something else entirely?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got sent a sony ps5 survey today and was sure to tell them that phil is personally kicking their rear end rn

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
wtf I thought sony was all about the prestige cinematic gaming experience why are they dropping kojima like a rock

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Got my XBox Series X today. :woop:

Only to find out that now that I have a device that supports it, that my TV can't forward a Dolby Atmos signal through ARC to my soundbar. :sigh:

So next on the list is a TV upgrade or a sound bar that doesn't introduce horrible input lag.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phil Spencer in talks to acquire the concept of "Japan"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It would be really funny if phil greenlit a game on a sony proprietary engine licensed to hideo kojima but that seems too funny

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So next on the list is a TV upgrade or a sound bar that doesn't introduce horrible input lag.
...or a HDMI splitter? :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

i got sent a sony ps5 survey today and was sure to tell them that phil is personally kicking their rear end rn

bushisms.txt posted:

Welp, rumors are Phil is going for the jugular

https://venturebeat.com/2021/04/07/abandoned-for-ps5-is-not-a-secret-hideo-kojima-game/

Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Phil hinted at it with his shelf a month ago, so uh, place your bets, death stranding sigma, not PHills, something else entirely?

I have been a Playstation+Nintendo person for a long, long time - from PS1-4 (And at various points got more or less into PC gaming, right now I'm not in the mood to spend $3000 for a decent setup) but holy poo poo Xbox is really killing it this gen lol

The stuff that kept me on the Japanese consoles was largely Japanese games, I'm really into JRPGs, recently I've spent all of my gaming time on Monster Hunter Rise, I prefer Japanese action games like Devil May Cry over the western stuff/shooters. I bought Death Stranding day 1 because I really love the MGS series and will follow Kojima to whatever he does next. I feel like the Sony exclusives really got good during the PS4 era with Spiderman and Uncharted but they're not really system sellers to me, my favorite exclusives on the thing were Final Fantasy games and Persona.

My plan this gen was to just get a PS5+Series S, but if this keeps up when it comes to mid-generation refreshes I'm gonna be upgrading the S to a X+ or whatever the gently caress. Hell I already played Yakuza Like a Dragon on the S because it came out there first and that is the most Japanese game in existence

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BoosterDuck posted:

wtf I thought sony was all about the prestige cinematic gaming experience why are they dropping kojima like a rock

Rumor is Sony did not give Kojima full creative freedom with Death Stranding, which if true then what the actual gently caress will a fully unlocked Kojima game look like even?!?!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Rumor is Sony did not give Kojima full creative freedom with Death Stranding, which if true then what the actual gently caress will a fully unlocked Kojima game look like even?!?!

Swedish women named Mor doing softcore poses while holding esoteric fire arms and reciting passages from their philosophy dissertations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Rumor is Sony did not give Kojima full creative freedom with Death Stranding,

there's no way this is true

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

Swedish women named Mor doing softcore poses while holding esoteric fire arms and reciting passages from their philosophy dissertations.

That's just the prologue.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there's no way this is true

Either it's true, or someone lied on the internet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why would they do that :negative:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
:iiam:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
As long as Nathan from Tunwater, Washington stays healthy we’re gonna be ok.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
Wish I could just easily buy an xbox series x right now.. but nooooo. :/

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

JD-Smith posted:

Wish I could just easily buy an xbox series x right now.. but nooooo. :/

If it's any consolation, most of the best news won't actually come to fruition for some time yet. Stuff like FPS boost and the backwards compatibility functionality are really good right now but it'll be the next 2 to 3 years I think things will really be looking impressive.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

If it's any consolation, most of the best news won't actually come to fruition for some time yet. Stuff like FPS boost and the backwards compatibility functionality are really good right now but it'll be the next 2 to 3 years I think things will really be looking impressive.

But daaad.. I wanna play nowwww!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yeah as is there's plenty of rad stuff but tbh there's a few things I'm keeping on the back burner hoping for an fps boost enabling patch or an x/s upgrade.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I was trying to play Pillars of Eternity 2 on my One X and the 30-40 second load times had me uninstalling pretty quickly. Accelerated load time is the feature that’s causing my normal patience in upgrading to be in danger.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

highme posted:

I was trying to play Pillars of Eternity 2 on my One X and the 30-40 second load times had me uninstalling pretty quickly. Accelerated load time is the feature that’s causing my normal patience in upgrading to be in danger.

Oh yeah lol, we kept our one x for upstairs and I hardly even turn the drat thing on because the series x has spoiled me so bad for load times. Its practically back to the 16 bit console era, you just turn on a game and it goes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Load times and multiple quick resumes for me have been way more impactful than graphics upgrades or the other usual new console stuff. Being able to sit on your couch and being able to start your console and resume where your save point is in wherever game in like 5 seconds makes me play games so much more often. It rules. You really begin to feel how much time you were wasting in the past looking at loading screens

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I never liked intro movies, warning messages, or logo screens, but they super duper suck when you know the game loads in a fraction of the time it takes those things to fade in and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I almost don't know how to play games because the loading screens go by too fast to read the tips.