Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

It’s the same with Tiger and Michelle Wie. They showed every one of her shots last week and she missed the cut.

Look, I get that it’s the Lydia and Patty show, and I’m fine with that. But show some golf. Instead of golf we get a ton of commercials or Lydia eating or Patty walking. Maybe show each players approach and putt on the final hole at the bare minimum?

Oh poo poo look! We are getting more golf coverage! During the playing through commercial segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Tavatanakit is gonna win a lot of money if she keeps piping the ball throughout her career as well as she did this weekend.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1379053166583496709

hello, friends

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I can hear it already

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Going to Top Golf today with the family, should I bring my clubs or are their clubs adequate enough to have fun with? Also, my wife is a lefty, do they have lefty clubs or should I definitely bring at least her set?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Douchebag posted:

Going to Top Golf today with the family, should I bring my clubs or are their clubs adequate enough to have fun with? Also, my wife is a lefty, do they have lefty clubs or should I definitely bring at least her set?

They have lefty clubs, and no need to bring yours. Just duff around with theirs and have fun.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

DJExile posted:

They have lefty clubs, and no need to bring yours. Just duff around with theirs and have fun.

Perfect, thanks. Kind of what I was planning but she was concerned about lefty clubs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DowntownToledo/status/1379058544427827204

Solheim Cup we were meant to host last year got pushed to this year and not gonna lie, this sounds pretty fuckin rad

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

:siren: Masters thread is up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964248 :siren:

This is arguably the most open pool we've ever had since there are only 10 prohibited picks.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Went by one of the big ole’ electronics shops here that has half a floor of golf stuff and found this:

Yes that’s somebody re-purposing actual US quarters and selling the thing for like $16.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

harperdc posted:

Went by one of the big ole’ electronics shops here that has half a floor of golf stuff and found this:

Yes that’s somebody re-purposing actual US quarters and selling the thing for like $16.
You got the Super Mario ball marker, right?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Daric posted:

I'M SELLING BALL MARKERS

OK, so I just now bought one of your ball markers, but I have to say: I never use big-rear end ball markers because they kinda defeat the purpose of using a ball marker: I play with guys that use huge poker-chip-style ball markers, and I'm like, IF I HIT YOUR BALL MARKER, I MAY AS WELL HAVE HIT YOUR BALL. They're loving huge. I use those tiny little plastic markers that are the size of a dime and almost paper-thin...just so they don't interfere with my playing parters' putts.

This is a not a complaint about your specific product — WHICH I JUST PURCHASED— but a complaint about the design of the product itself. How come everyone doesn't use super-thin ball markers?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lincoln posted:

OK, so I just now bought one of your ball markers, but I have to say: I never use big-rear end ball markers because they kinda defeat the purpose of using a ball marker: I play with guys that use huge poker-chip-style ball markers, and I'm like, IF I HIT YOUR BALL MARKER, I MAY AS WELL HAVE HIT YOUR BALL. They're loving huge. I use those tiny little plastic markers that are the size of a dime and almost paper-thin...just so they don't interfere with my playing parters' putts.

This is a not a complaint about your specific product — WHICH I JUST PURCHASED— but a complaint about the design of the product itself. How come everyone doesn't use super-thin ball markers?

So ask them to move their marker? If my putting line and your ball marker are one in the same, just ask them to move it one way or the other. Pros literally do the same thing.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Lincoln posted:

Firstly, thank you! It’ll go out tomorrow morning.

And my markers are 1.5mm thick so they’re pretty thin, but they had to be 1.5” tall to get all the detail in there. But yeah, we always just move our marker if it’s in someone’s line. Just move it a putter head to the right or left and then move it back when it’s your turn. That’s perfectly within the rules.

Daric fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 5, 2021

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

harperdc posted:

I will pay you cost plus shipping and a little extra to ship the Mario ball markers to me

Kirios fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 5, 2021

nerox
May 20, 2001

Kirios posted:

I will pay you cost plus shipping and a little extra to ship the Mario bad markers to me

:same:

I assume this is in Japan, how much is it to ship something to Georgia?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Lincoln posted:

Even a thin marker is potentially a problem if directly on the line, and asking it be moved is normal. I also don't use the big markers (mostly, I sometimes use a silver walking liberty, and she's pretty thick), but as long as they're going to move if asked, it's not much of an issue. I played a round with a guy who used an actual hockey puck.

Edit: Mario ball markers on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1939065222

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

torgeaux posted:

I played a round with a guy who used an actual hockey puck.

lmao I am absolutely gonna do this sometime

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

torgeaux posted:

I played a round with a guy who used an actual hockey puck.

what the gently caress

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I just carry a thin press in marker for closer to the hole and also a poker chip or coin (for those 50 footers :smith:)

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
lol I just got into an invitational tournament hosted by the No Laying Up guys.

It's going to be at Colonial in Fort Worth and played with hickory and persimmon clubs. They're covering the cost of playing, drinks, and dinner, we just have to pay for travel and lodging but I'm in Houston and have family to stay with in Fort Worth so that's nothing. Entry was only available to their Nest members and it was 14 random people that got in so I got pretty lucky.

Should be fun, I've never played with wooden clubs before so I'm interested to see how bad I'll be.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daric posted:

It's going to be at Colonial in Fort Worth and played with hickory and persimmon clubs. They're covering the cost of playing, drinks, and dinner, we just have to pay for travel and lodging but I'm in Houston and have family to stay with in Fort Worth so that's nothing. Entry was only available to their Nest members and it was 14 random people that got in so I got pretty lucky.

Should be fun, I've never played with wooden clubs before so I'm interested to see how bad I'll be.

This sounds like a loving blast.

Hickory shafts require a LOT of lag in your swing. Take your hands back even before the club head moves to help load it up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daric posted:

You better dress appropriately.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Shrapnig posted:

You better dress appropriately.

I was going to follow Patrick Reed's scripting.

Cool part of it is that each team is captained by one of the No Laying Up guys. I know most of them pretty well at this point but just hoping I don't get Soly. He's the only one I really can't stand. DJ/Randy/Neil would all be great.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Got my villains in today. They're gorgeous as expected. I'm moving to Raleigh-Durham in a few months. Maybe there's some nice courses around there so I will have to pick the game back up.. I can't let these go unused.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
That’s awesome, glad you like them!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I played 18 with the Sugar ball today and it performed pretty much as expected. It was fairly windy and soft ground conditions but the balls feel very very similar to a regular ProV1 and I didn't have any shots go unexpectedly too long or too short based on how I hit them. One of the reviews I saw about them said their durability is better than most of the other direct-to-consumer brands they tried, and I'm iffy about that claim. I rotated between 3 balls for the round and one ended up with a slice in it that would probably make me stop using it during a tournament or league match (granted it was a drive that hit a tree on the fly so that can happen with any ball) and the other two had slight scuffs from a few shots like just about any urethane cover ball does. I wasn't playing by myself and didn't have time to hit a ton of extra shots like I normally do when I practice so I guess I'll post a followup in the next couple days when I get out again if anything stands out. $2.37 per ball including shipping is a pretty good deal though for what they are, and I'd bet they run occasional discounts or codes that make it even better.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

nerox posted:

:same:

I assume this is in Japan, how much is it to ship something to Georgia?

Kirios posted:

I will pay you cost plus shipping and a little extra to ship the Mario ball markers to me

Give me a week or so to pick them up and send, I can PM each of you later with costs. But shouldn’t be too bad, letter-packs being sent overseas usually aren’t more than $8 or so.

nerox
May 20, 2001

harperdc posted:

Give me a week or so to pick them up and send, I can PM each of you later with costs. But shouldn’t be too bad, letter-packs being sent overseas usually aren’t more than $8 or so.

That would be awesome, I really want the goomba and didn’t find it anywhere.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

harperdc posted:

Awesome man, really appreciate it!

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Yeah that goomba one is awesome. Where can I get that

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

putting this here too because lmao at fat Bryson just going rapid fire with Vijay vibing in the background

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1379411720230334464

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

putting this here too because lmao at fat Bryson just going rapid fire with Vijay vibing in the background

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1379411720230334464

Apparently his new Cobra driver was just added to the conforming list yesterday so he's probably breaking it in lol

nerox
May 20, 2001

mattfl posted:

Apparently his new Cobra driver was just added to the conforming list yesterday so he's probably breaking it in lol

It's apparently a training exercise where is his literally just trying to get his club head speed as fast as he can and hitting balls rapid fire.

It reminds me a lot of this goodgood video where Berkshire is working with Bryson to get speed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibACnhf1Hc&t=2s

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:

nerox posted:

It's apparently a training exercise where is his literally just trying to get his club head speed as fast as he can and hitting balls rapid fire.

It reminds me a lot of this goodgood video where Berkshire is working with Bryson to get speed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibACnhf1Hc&t=2s

JFC - the guy sitting in that chair off to the side is living on the edge

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

hostile apostle posted:

JFC - the guy sitting in that chair off to the side is living on the edge

That's Berkshire lol

Also, wonder what I need to do to convince my wife to let me turn our extra living room into an all in one sports room like that lol

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Obviously, the answer is: divorce

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hmmm, I, as I'm sure as everyone else get job opening emails all the time and an interesting one popped up today.

Apparently Bay Hill is hiring an IT Systems Admin with a job description that is almost 100% as to what I'm currently doing.

I wonder if part of the benefits is a free membership....

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Daric, you do understand that there's a non-zero percent chance that Patrick Reed will wind up using a ball marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kameh posted:

Daric, you do understand that there's a non-zero percent chance that Patrick Reed will wind up using a ball marker.

Imagine watching the Masters and seeing a pro using your ball marker.