Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
so i don't remember exactly how I made these, but at some point I decided I didn't want to read penny arcade anymore, so I edited the hosts file so I couldn't visit it anymore. after like 3 days i cracked and tried visiting the site again, and though I couldn't get to the main page, through some trickery I figured out how to jump straight to the comics page, and the comics would load, but like... weird.

i thought i had saved more of them but these three are the only ones i could find. i tried getting back onto the site to save more of them but i guess i must have edited the hosts file again because i can't seem to get back to where i had found em.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
i want to stress that despite making glitch art for a decade these were 100% accidental and i'm kicking myself for not copying down more

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
any idea what's going on here???

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
i hosed around with the hosts file again trying to get it to work, but i was unable to do so, and now i'm tired of looking at penny arcade

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
details i'm trying to remember

>i think it had something to do with visiting penny-arcade.com not https://www.penny-arcade.com
?was i using firefox instead of chrome?

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

the fact that you had to hardcode a behavioral modification lifehack into your browser is making me laugh. the comics doubly so.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
its an improvement tbh, op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

its an improvement tbh, op

not that it's exactly a high bar to begin with, but the fact op accidentally glitched out the comics in their attempt to stop reading the comic is an interesting story.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

are you using a text based browser and it's rendering them in ascii? or is there something else super wild going on here

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
here's a fun fuckin fact: these are actually a lot more recent than i remember! i made them April 2, 2020. Meaning I took these three screenshots, stepped away from the keyboard, and spent the next solid year thinking that i should go and capture more of these images.

Heather Papps posted:

the fact that you had to hardcode a behavioral modification lifehack into your browser is making me laugh. the comics doubly so.

it's basically the only thing that got me to stop hate reading Ask A Manager. my brain is a tricky fuckin weasel.

sk posted:

are you using a text based browser and it's rendering them in ascii? or is there something else super wild going on here

this was either chrome or firefox. i'm mostly certain it was chrome.

crimes

Escape From Noise

My phone sometimes makes weird glitched versions on photos I take.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
:o :o :o i'm not usually a dude of SCPs but those last two absolutely radiate "these photos were discovered on a camera three miles from the blast site" energy

crimes

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
my old laptop came with a busted webcam. i used to take pictures with it because i loved the glitch effect. it was really cool.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
glitch art is such a great aesthetic when it's done with actual randomness. it's exactly what eno said about the medium being defined by the destruction of its limitations or w/e

crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
it's like looking at the internet pre-2000. it might be that something was hosed up w/ your connection, it might be that the geocities page in question is hosed

it was hard to tell, and that is why 90's internet was the best. the all-encompassing magic and mystery of it all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)