Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I figure he was a corpse in a funeral home that already was made-up for the service so the green doesn’t show through
This is what I thought too. Wanna pinch them overly rosy cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It’s like how Twilight has both vampires and werewolves.

In Dawn, the world is overtaken by zombies and Doug Henderson.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Middle management zombie looks healthier and more alive than I do.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maybe he’s Beau Salt.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1379281473170202626?s=20

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Apparently there’s a guerilla Russian Silmarrillion opera out there somewhere too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3Un1HsyFy7tOgfhHinOhoYO0zfic0SlilRXxRVRJeeVPLv1VjO0_NNcK0&v=Y65yojaHgOc&feature=youtu.be

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Lurdiak posted:

As bonkers as Surviving Edged Weapons is for the obvious paranoia it likely fostered in any cop that watched it and the ridiculous satanic cult segment, it's extremely tamed compared to the batshit "warrior training" style stuff cops are exposed to in the modern day. Cops are worse now than they were in the goddamn 80s and it's because people made a conscious choice to train them and give them the legal freedom to be as awful as possible.

Killology courses are insane. Led by David Grossman, who tried to sell it to the Army but who were like ah no thanks, he teaches Cops that they're literally superheroes, that they alone are stopping their city from falling into chaos and that the sex you have after a kill will be the best sex of your life. He's already teaching about the 'morality of killing' (it's justified because they're bad and you're not essentially) but what's worse are the bootleg courses, including ones that pull on Bible passages to say look, the lord says it's ok to take a life under these circumstances, now lets look at how these circumstances apply to your job.

Unsurprisingly, Police unions pay for this.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I for some reason totally missed them remaking nightmare on elm street like 10 years ago

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They also make cops in training look at a bunch of snuff videos of cops getting shot during traffic stops and telling them that this will happen to them if they don't strike first.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FreudianSlippers posted:

They also make cops in training look at a bunch of snuff videos of cops getting shot during traffic stops and telling them that this will happen to them if they don't strike first.

And every piece of footage of minorities attacking cops they can find. It's radicalisation and brainwashing worse than how they make death squads.

And it's getting worse, especially since decent people don't want to be cops anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
El- P needs to know

https://mobile.twitter.com/therealelp/status/1379277130383642624

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

Killology courses are insane. Led by David Grossman, who tried to sell it to the Army but who were like ah no thanks, he teaches Cops that they're literally superheroes, that they alone are stopping their city from falling into chaos and that the sex you have after a kill will be the best sex of your life. He's already teaching about the 'morality of killing' (it's justified because they're bad and you're not essentially) but what's worse are the bootleg courses, including ones that pull on Bible passages to say look, the lord says it's ok to take a life under these circumstances, now lets look at how these circumstances apply to your job.

Unsurprisingly, Police unions pay for this.

I only recently found out Grossman's whole deal after reading a couple of his books many years ago and this is absolutely insane.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
On this topic, a friend discovered there’s a series called Ultimate Survivors that’s about cops surviving dangerous situations. It’s put out by Calibre Press and it’s hosted by William Shatner. She’s trying to track them down as we speak.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
This year I cooked some marshmallow peeps with a blowtorch. I recommend it; it’s all the goodness of a toasted marshmallow with a crisp, caramelized sugar crust on the outside. If you tried to do it with a normal flame you’d probably burn it, though.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

On this topic, a friend discovered there’s a series called Ultimate Survivors that’s about cops surviving dangerous situations. It’s put out by Calibre Press and it’s hosted by William Shatner. She’s trying to track them down as we speak.

I need this garbage.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Geekboy posted:

I need this garbage.

If she finds it, you will know.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I think I know who your friend is.

FREE DICKEYE!

Anonymous Robot posted:

This year I cooked some marshmallow peeps with a blowtorch. I recommend it; it’s all the goodness of a toasted marshmallow with a crisp, caramelized sugar crust on the outside. If you tried to do it with a normal flame you’d probably burn it, though.

Sometimes my brother and I would put Peeps in the microwave because they'd get really huge before collapsing in on themselves and it looked really funny. Anyway this one time we tried it we left it in too long and it turned into this dark brown sludge that hardened onto the plate and we couldn't remove it so we just threw the whole thing in the trash. Anyway that's what I always think of when people mention Peeps.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Peeps expanding in the microwave is still very funny to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Peeps expanding in the microwave is still very funny to me.

Put two of them in together and stick a tooth pick in each so it looks like they're jousting.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My dad texted our family group chat to let us know about the announced Peeps movie, and said he would be disappointed if there weren’t a microwave in it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have no concept of what a "Peep" even is let alone a multitude of them.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Those little people you drowned in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

FreudianSlippers posted:

They are a particularly disgusting sugary confection

My partner loves them almost as much as she loves candy corn

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Marshmallows shaped like baby birds then covered in colored sugar.

Everything in that photo is 99% sugar

Here's what it looks like when you put them in a microwave (same thing happens to normal Marshmallows)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWQe0WLsDUw

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 7, 2021

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Skwirl posted:

Marshmallows shaped like baby birds then covered in colored sugar.

Everything in that photo is 99% sugar

Here's what it looks like when you put them in a microwave (same thing happens to normal Marshmallows)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWQe0WLsDUw

its interesting that 5 peeps is only 140 calories! (movies rock)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's mostly air.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's mostly air.

How many trays of them am I allowed to eat before it becomes a problem?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

If you’re asking the question it’s already too late.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If it´s mostly air eat a few packets then eat a really hot chili pepper and become a human balloon from the hot air in your bowels.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

empty sea posted:

When I was about 14 my dad decided to get a bunch of geese, chicken, guinea and duck chicks from the tractor supply. The ducks grew up and flew away, though they returned once a year for about 2 years and that was the coolest because they brought their wild mates with them. The chickens got eaten by coyotes one by one and the guinea hens he eventually shot because he was tired of them being such good guard birds? I dunno, they made a lot of noise when someone came into the yard and I guess that was irritating. Otherwise they were really not in our way at all.

The geese grew up and were just fuckers, but also incredibly good guard animals because anything that came into the yard they would start honking their heads off. I didn't wear shorts the entire time we had them because they would make a beeline for my legs and grab my jeans with their beaks and just twist and jerk violently while hitting me with their wings. It was scary the first time or two but they never actually hurt me so I got over it quickly.

So take my expert opinion that unless you're wearing shorts or at like eye level with them, geese are pretty easy to fight with no risk to yourself. A good kick or two will make them back off or you can grab them by the neck and hold them away from you. I used to have to round them up every night and I'd chase them down, grab their necks and then fold their wings in and carry them to the hutch so they wouldn't get ate.

That was about 20 years ago and I'm still sort of spoiling for a good goose fight. I think it would cathartic in a weird way.
Pasted from schadenfreude thread. CPL, did something similar happen to you as a child?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Peeps are disgusting and I have no idea why anyone would ever eat one, but they are at least union-made:

https://twitter.com/oliviakatbi/status/1378445684559515651

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

feedmyleg posted:

Don't worry, you'll know.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

therattle posted:

Pasted from schadenfreude thread. CPL, did something similar happen to you as a child?

I will neither confirm nor deny these allegations at this time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Peeps are good. I'd take a sleeve of peeps over most grocery store check out candy bars.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just found out the two guys from American Movie did a commentary track for Night of the Living Dead and it’s loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD1W6UH5r2g

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Melt all the peeps in an ice cream container and make the Gigapeep

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ruddiger posted:

I just found out the two guys from American Movie did a commentary track for Night of the Living Dead and it’s loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD1W6UH5r2g

It's really good, I love Borchardt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
the last four movies I watched were

a new leaf (71) dir. Elaine May
the thin red line (98) dir. Terrence Malick
virgin sucides (99) dir. Sophia Coppola
marie antoinette (2006) dir. Sophia Coppola

I liked them all, especially the thin red line, which was part of my general Malick run. gotta watch the new world next