Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i really hope the original rebuild cast get to close out the rebuilds. it'd mean a lot imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:agreed:

Let the door close on all of the memories, even the dub ones

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Motto posted:

As a heads up the newest official 3.0+1.0 trailers/MVs pull from the movie a lot more broadly, so watch out if you want to dodge as much as possible.

Man you weren't kidding, I can't believe PenPen had kids!!!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zartosht posted:

Man you weren't kidding, I can't believe PenPen had kids!!!

I mean, when you saw Evangelion, and saw PenPen, you had to know this guy fucks. You look at the rest of the cast, and then look at him, you know he's the guy doing all the loving.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8b2ezt_Scw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That ain't orange tang that's just brown stang.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Pretty wild that a cam rip is yet to surface.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dishwasherlove posted:

Pretty wild that a cam rip is yet to surface.

They're taking it seriously and it's only playing in Japan where the laws are harsher. Camrips tend to surface more easily once international showings start.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Midjack posted:

I doubt Netflix cared enough to push back, but since funimation got the 3 do over put on them (3.33.1?) it's a near certainty that whoever does this one will get a Khara micromanaged translation.

It seems like the Rebuild films are coming to Amazon video? There are trailers and everything up for the first 3.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

They're taking it seriously and it's only playing in Japan where the laws are harsher. Camrips tend to surface more easily once international showings start.

Yeah, Khara's seeking like 10-year prison sentences for anyone caught pirating the film in any capacity.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know camrips suck for the makers but I do like to add it to my headcanon that Khara is so obsessed with controlling how Eva is seen that they control the government to maintain total control of the film.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know camrips suck for the makers but I do like to add it to my headcanon that Khara is so obsessed with controlling how Eva is seen that they control the government to maintain total control of the film.

Everything is according to the scenario.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

give us a way to pay for it and we wouldn't want a camrip. it's a shame the year is still 1998 and there's no easy, convenient and universally accepted way to globally distribute and monetize media.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

They're literally doing that, yes.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
so Godzilla vs. Kong is a not-so-stealth Evangelion remake and it owns lol

the film's climax takes place outside NERV HQ

and there's a minor character who's basically an adult Shinji, piloting a giant bio-mecha through a psychic link in order to prove himself to his deceased father

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
On my second viewing I loaded those subs onto my iPhone, clipped it to the seat in front of me, and left it running the entire film. Nary a peep from anyone, employee or customer.

Sorry everyone, I should’ve just filmed it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and there's a minor character who's basically an adult Shinji, piloting a giant bio-mecha through a psychic link in order to prove himself to his deceased father
Also giant caverns in the earth, complete with their own bodies of water and the mecha kind of looks like jet alone

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The United States posted:

Also giant caverns in the earth, complete with their own bodies of water and the mecha kind of looks like jet alone

I'm not going to spoiler it because it's in the trailers and marketing lol but how could y'all forget to mention BATTLESHIP FIGHT?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Battleship fight I swear to god has to be inspired by EVA. When kong Starr jumping from ship to ship. Cmon!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Pulcinella posted:

It seems like the Rebuild films are coming to Amazon video? There are trailers and everything up for the first 3.

there're some wild rumors that the fourth film has already been dubbed and will come to amazon. apparently some person in an Italian dubbing company said they've already dubbed shin.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

bees x1000 posted:

give us a way to pay for it and we wouldn't want a camrip. it's a shame the year is still 1998 and there's no easy, convenient and universally accepted way to globally distribute and monetize media.

I'm pretty sure they're well aware the instant they release it on any kind of home media or streaming it's going to get pirated to hell by basically everyone who can't legally buy/watch it thanks to regional malarkey so they're taking their time.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.
Any good more fully fleshed out summary of the plot anywhere yet? I'm okay with spoilers.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Zhanism posted:

Any good more fully fleshed out summary of the plot anywhere yet? I'm okay with spoilers.

Honestly it's hard to link anywhere since there's either a lot of detail and nuance but wrongfully injected interpretations or secondhand knowledge. I could resummarise here and hold back on stuff I haven't confirmed but be confident about the 20% I've watched and the transcript I've read; but I'm also wary of dumping the entire plot here even in spoiler tags.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Evangelion Wonderswan game where you raise Angels just got an English translation

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

The Evangelion Wonderswan game where you raise Angels just got an English translation

quote:

The translation references the official English subtitles from the Netflix release.

lol

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
The Toku thread mentioned it but I still can't get over the fact that Anno is doing Shin Kamen Rider and that has been in production for the last 6 years too. He's been very busy these past few years!

Also this was really funny.

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1378373308245282820?s=20

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Weird BIAS posted:

The Toku thread mentioned it but I still can't get over the fact that Anno is doing Shin Kamen Rider and that has been in production for the last 6 years too. He's been very busy these past few years!

this particular visual has powerful Skull Man vibes so I am really hoping this goes all in on ishinomori's too-hot-for-TV initial concepts.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Having watched it twice (once in IMAX which was probably the most underwhelming IMAX showing I’ve seen), I’m with most people in that in was a good way to finally shut the door on the series. And a good Evangelion film to boot.

After all is said and done however, I think ending it with End of Evangelion would have been just fine. In fact I prefer that ending. The Rebuilds brought us a lot of cool poo poo though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Evangelion already has two good endings, if it can successfully nab the hat trick I'll take it. :v:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It does. And I’d say 3.0 + 1.0 is fleshed out more than the others.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/lukecorreiava/status/1379261211452309508?s=21

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fun trivia: When the series started, Shinji, Rei, and Asuka hadn't been born.

Rei is now old enough to drink.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Self-dox, but Misato would only be a few months older than me.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

As someone observed the last time this came up, "Misato is technically a millenial" is one of those things that makes so much sense it's almost prophetic. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

As someone observed the last time this came up, "Misato is technically a millenial" is one of those things that makes so much sense it's almost prophetic. :v:

Misato has a better paying job than any real millennial, but all her other issues about being unprepared for adulthood, constantly patronized and infantalized, having to think out of her rear end because she has no real support mechanisms around her, wracked by imposter syndrome and just otherwise being a hosed up waste of a human being are absolutely spot on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Misato and Ritsuko as jaded millenials fits so goddamn well

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The real reason they broke up was because they couldn’t agree on whether In The End was ironically good (Misato) or just plain bad (Kaji)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Don't put that evil on Misato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think if you gave her the choice between being labelled a millenial or....well, Antarctica happening, she'd prefer to complain about boomers every time.