Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
thats a weird way to say you've preemptively bookmarked search character: morgan le fay on doujin sites.

Motto posted:

I recently read through Tsukihime and since I already know about the VNs and games that follow or spring from it, I was wondering about what manga people would recommend, for any reason. Not looking for anything specific beyond sketching in or playing around with the characters in ways that people find particularly interesting or fun.
this is months late but i know the melty blood manga is really good. backalley alliance nightmare gets a little metafictional in a weird way but has fun character interactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Logical1234 posted:

We should be more worried if Morgan becomes summonable in FGO. Once that happens the doujins shall turn the joke into a reality.

i dont see the problem here

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh no this is awful

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Logical1234 posted:

Let's be honest, Arthurian Legend + Anime was always gonna lead to a sis-con Arthur jokes, or a bro-con yandere Morgan.

They wouldnt be able to resist it, mostly because Morgan in actual legends alternate between trying to kill her brother, or seemingly regreting killing her brother in some interpretations. And let's not forget acutally loving her brother on his wedding night. Shr was already a yandere.

The joke was always gonna be made. Mostly because it wasn't a joke in the end.

We should be more worried if Morgan becomes summonable in FGO. Once that happens the doujins shall turn the joke into a reality.

And thus the Saberface hell shall gain a new circle of horror.

Aren't Arthur and Morgan married and ruling Avalon in Orlando Furioso?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

this is months late but i know the melty blood manga is really good. backalley alliance nightmare gets a little metafictional in a weird way but has fun character interactions.

ah, ty

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Logical1234 posted:

Let's be honest, Arthurian Legend + Anime was always gonna lead to a sis-con Arthur jokes, or a bro-con yandere Morgan.

They wouldnt be able to resist it, mostly because Morgan in actual legends alternate between trying to kill her brother, or seemingly regreting killing her brother in some interpretations. And let's not forget acutally loving her brother on his wedding night. Shr was already a yandere.

Still, it's a pretty jerkass thing to joke to your sovereign, who's just returned from getting the poo poo beaten out of him by a demonic monster born from an vindictive incestuous princess who had the brother who rejected her executed in a particularly gruesome and horrible way, if he's heard lately from his older sister "because lol you know your sister wants to gently caress you AND gently caress you over, just like the princess who gave birth to that monster, right? Right? Right?" especially since Arthur himself seems clueless about the matter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Logical1234 posted:

The first Morgan fanart was three years ago, it came out when she was cameo'd in Apocrypha anime and it's a Morgan x Artoria Lancer pic. It's the one Stairmaster posted, actually.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well, if you wanted to be nitpicky, its neither the first, second, nor third on pixiv and a quick search gave me a comic someone drew the day after it aired

e:page 420 post

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Which Servant smokes the most weed?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

grandpa hassan

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the koha aces

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Seriously, you even have to ask?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he's 3 years old

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Asterite34 posted:

AFAIK Tesla was always high IRL, and in the main story he gets summoned by a loving fog cloud.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

he's 3 years old

according to history he is not.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holmes snorts coke like a fiend

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
100 years from now when Snoop Dogg becomes a servant it will be him.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hah. The Tsukihime remake still doesn’t have the Satsuki route. Take that Melty Blood fans.

(There’s also a new Melty Blood coming, I’m very excited.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Rude.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What if the new Melty Blood is the Satsuki route?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Layemou99/status/1375125684000063489?s=19

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Heaven's Feel III was incredible and Rider VS Salter is one of the best animated things I've ever seen in my life.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

RevolverDivider posted:

Heaven's Feel III was incredible and Rider VS Salter is one of the best animated things I've ever seen in my life.

It was pretty drat sweet. I think like back in UBW the Shirou vs Emiya and Shirou vs Gilgamesh's weren't quite what I was expecting but Rider vs Salter and 9 Bullet Revolver were pretty much perfect.

I just wish they'd animate a bonus Sparks Liner High special. :(

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I liked the Berserker fight. I was over quick but the walking through the dust and the timing of the music and bursting out of a gem covered body was good stuff. Yeah, Berserker was CG, but it wasn't bad CG, it was just CG.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I finally got to watch the third hf movie. It's pretty great. If anyone is on the fence they should watch it. Rider finally got to shine after all these years. I saw a lot of trailers and short clips before watching but i'm glad I forgot most of it until the scene actually happened.

Is there a list of songs from the vn that were used in the movie aside from the emiya remix?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I enjoyed HF3 but I do feel like on the whole the trilogy was kinda... undercooked somehow. It could be the big rear end gaps between releases, it could be cut material (I certainly agree with the complaint that some LN fans have made about Ilya and Shirou's burgeoning siblinghood not being sold effectively), but on the whole I feel like it doesn't do as good a job as the UBW TV series did in any department except lookin real good. I actually liked the first and second movies more because it felt more like "Well this is going to have an adequate payoff, right?" but then the payoff was just kinda okay.

Curious to see what/if ufotable does with Type Moon next. I've heard theories of everything from a Tsukihime (remake) to Hollow Ataraxia. I personally would like to see them touch on the Fate route; if there's really not enough content to sell it by itself like LN fans seem to think, they always could throw in some Camelot stuff to fill it out more.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Personally I do kinda feel that UBW was fumbled a bit in terms of some key scenes. Like where Looking Cool was more important than selling the narrative or the themes thereof.

While HF I think sells the basic theme of this route solidly, that this is Shirou finally getting over their PTSD / Survivor's guilt to embrace being human.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont think either the series or the movies were perfect, but I am satisfied enough by them that I'd still recommend them to fans.

Zero, even if I did like it, I'm kinda on the fence on.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
I'm hoping for a Hollow Ataraxia one, because Angra is kinda fascinating

The dude has a well-thoughtout world-view, and actually has a level of emotional intelligence that he actively hides behind a nilihistic rear end in a top hat mentality.

It's also funny how he very much defines Shirou as a 'monster' like him. Especially considering the new info on what type of evil/Beast Angra would be.

The dude literally looked at Rider's pity party, and mocked her so hard she stopped turning into Gorgon.

...Then again it's incredibly hard to for anime express that. Hollow Ataraxia is all about it's characters, and Angra's internal monologue actually suprasses Shirou's usual amount of overthinking.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think the way I've seen it best done so far by fate properties is you have the voice over while doing some sort of montage of household chores/errands.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Angra is one of the most interesting and well written characters Nasu's ever done but it's incredibly hard to get that across without his inner narration.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I'm really happy with how the movies turned out and I'm sincerely satisfied that now all FSN Is animated.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If I had to complain about 1 thing, it's that I wish they were a little more explicit with the epilogue at the very end because I'm gonna be watching this with friends who aren't giant Fate nerds and I absolutely know I'm going to have to explain the end.

I don't think I could have asked for a better animated 9 Bullet Revolver and I wasn't expecting the chaos option of Sparks Liner High showing up so all told, it was an A++ watch.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I am fully satisfied about how the HF movies (and the adaptation of F/SN into various animated works in general) turned out, but I still maintain that in perfect universe, HF would be adapted into 24-26 episode anime as a stealth direct sequel to Fate/Zero and UBW would be a series of movies. :colbert:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Robviously posted:

If I had to complain about 1 thing, it's that I wish they were a little more explicit with the epilogue at the very end because I'm gonna be watching this with friends who aren't giant Fate nerds and I absolutely know I'm going to have to explain the end.

I don't think I could have asked for a better animated 9 Bullet Revolver and I wasn't expecting the chaos option of Sparks Liner High showing up so all told, it was an A++ watch.

I was absolutely baffled that the ending didn't even have a single throwaway line to explain what the gently caress was happening, beyond the blink and you miss it Touko cameo which still wouldn't mean anything to people not already full-on Nasu Poisoned

Other than that I feel like the trilogy is about as perfect as an adaptation of Heaven's Feel you could feasibly make within a six hour runtime. I liked it a lot.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, I am fully satisfied about how the HF movies (and the adaptation of F/SN into various animated works in general) turned out, but I still maintain that in perfect universe, HF would be adapted into 24-26 episode anime as a stealth direct sequel to Fate/Zero and UBW would be a series of movies. :colbert:

The problem with adapting every bit of HF into a series is that so so so so much of HF is just people sitting around and talking and that plays a lot worse in animation than it does in visual novel form (and even there I honestly feel like it's really pushing it at times)

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I'm alright with no Sparks Liners High since Rider VS Salter was pretty forgettable in the original and it was made into such an incredible fight.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What we need is Carnival Phatasm - The Movie

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Type Moon: Infinity War, get on it Nasu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Type Moon: Infinity War, get on it Nasu.

Type-Moon has had basically two Infinity wars already in FGO.