Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Big "Oh! You're approaching me?" energy from Jagg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alt text status: good as hell.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What I get from this is he's still imposing but definitely diminished. Almost all the color's drained from him, even the nails, but he's still the biggest one in the room. His eye wouldn't be glinting, and the forced perspective wouldn't be causing him to tower over her (instead of being "only" twice-ish as tall like in the wide shot) if he wasn't still a threat. But at least he's probably not invulnerable anymore.

Are the nails partially wrapped around his forearms like bracers?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

There Bias Two posted:

Are the nails partially wrapped around his forearms like bracers?

I think those are just chains. As far as we know the nails are all literal nails he drove into his body.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I think those are just chains. As far as we know the nails are all literal nails he drove into his body.

It's an Evil Betty situation

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

TK-42-1 posted:

apparently he’s entirely done with this joke so we should probably let it lie for a while

that’s fair but that final panel feels pretty tailor-made to winking at an audience about it

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Watch Allison pull a Goku and let him go free if he apologizes.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
Those Gog poses lol

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Soup du Jour posted:

that’s fair but that final panel feels pretty tailor-made to winking at an audience about it

I mean he said as much on discord after the monthly hangout.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

apparently he’s entirely done with this joke so we should probably let it lie for a while

lol at the idea of goons ever letting a joke go

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TK-42-1 posted:

He knows how to make the jokes stop :colbert:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I love that Chainllicio's footsteps are tp tp tp.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Notable: Jaggs never drew a drop of Dave's blood either.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Tip Toe, through Ashes, With Me-eeeeee

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
On the plus side, Rabuya got a new tourist attraction. "Come see the great Jagganoth, Bearer of the word Mind(?) and ruler of the 7 part world". They can build a nice park around him after they clear out all this ash.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

On the plus side, Rabuya got a new tourist attraction. "Come see the great Jagganoth, Bearer of the word Mind(?) and ruler of the 7 part world". They can build a nice park around him after they clear out all this ash.

The battle for Rayuba is just a brawl that broke out over people tired of waiting in line to see

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Coming closer so you can hear him speak is always the wrong move! :ohdear:

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
He looks transparent (you can see stars glimmering through his body). So he’s a hologhostgram basically.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

He looks transparent (you can see stars glimmering through his body). So he’s a hologhostgram basically.

Those aren't stars, that's just obliterated debris-snow, you can see them as flurries in the other panels.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jags needs some pants

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tagichatn posted:

I love that Chainllicio's footsteps are tp tp tp.

Going full-JoJo with that last panel.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Big "Oh! You're approaching me?" energy from Jagg

Operant did a stronger reference during White Chain and Dave's fight too, but I'm always happy to see that stride

Hey, maybe she's doing it because she's part White Chain

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 4, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Phy posted:

Operant did a stronger reference during White Chain and Dave's fight too, but I'm always happy to see that stride

Hey, maybe she's doing it because she's part White Chain

God that was such an amazing sequence.

I remember being very anxious before that. I'm so happy for White Chain.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I didn't realize Jaggahog was a joke and not just a euphemism.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Xarbala posted:

I didn't realize Jaggahog was a joke and not just a euphemism.

It's not really the name it's more the constant demands for it to be unleashed. It's more of a thing on the patron server than here honestly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It's not really the name it's more the constant demands for it to be unleashed. It's more of a thing on the patron server than here honestly.

Oh yeah that'd get annoying fast.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think its significant that the Battle for Rayuba is between White Chain and one of Jagganoth's swords, because i don't figure Jagganoth for the kind of guy who just strews sentient swords around the place and then doesnt pick them back up

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i think its significant that the Battle for Rayuba is between White Chain and one of Jagganoth's swords, because i don't figure Jagganoth for the kind of guy who just strews sentient swords around the place and then doesnt pick them back up

Really? Man's the best general of the demiurges. He understands the value of area denial and stay-behind forces to bog down the enemy in the mess you've made. If a sword is sapient enough to command a war effort in his absence, then he'll absolutely make use of it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

lets be real, jagg is pretty much this:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What I get from this is he's still imposing but definitely diminished. Almost all the color's drained from him, even the nails, but he's still the biggest one in the room. His eye wouldn't be glinting, and the forced perspective wouldn't be causing him to tower over her (instead of being "only" twice-ish as tall like in the wide shot) if he wasn't still a threat. But at least he's probably not invulnerable anymore.

Considering that he and Incubus are in cahoots on this whole thing, my prediction is that whatever Incubus just did will just make Jagganoth more powerful rather than killing him.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Considering that he and Incubus are in cahoots on this whole thing, my prediction is that whatever Incubus just did will just make Jagganoth more powerful rather than killing him.

Incubus was clearly pissed that Jaggs triggered the whole thing early and he was surprised when his blade actually did something.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Hmm interesting, did not expect to see the "Squardo is powering up Whitebeard by stabbing him in the chest." theory to show up outside the One Piece thread.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My assumption is that the big team up move worked perfectly and did exactly what it was supposed to do, and that Jagganoth anticipated this and built his plan around it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

My assumption is that the big team up move worked perfectly and did exactly what it was supposed to do, and that Jagganoth anticipated this and built his plan around it.

My assumption is that he didn't see it coming (because there was no way that even he, one of the cleverest generals in the multiverse, could expect Allison and company to break reality that hard in that specific way), but that he's tough enough and his army is mighty enough that it'll only buy them temporary breathing room.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

My prediction is that Jagg is temporarily sealed, and he will remain a looming threat as the rest of the book deals with the other demiurges fighting again while resisting Jagg's armies that are probably invading a bunch of places right now.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
My assumption is that while Allison is saving the day Ciocio and White Chain are chit-chatting in her head like Kami and Nail in DBZ Abridged.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my prediction is once allison pushes over that papier-mache decoy jagganoth left behind things are going to get pretty wild

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

My assumption is that while Allison is saving the day Ciocio and White Chain are chit-chatting in her head like Kami and Nail in DBZ Abridged.

"where the hell did you get a pool table?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1379644022524932096?s=19