Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

Like HBK was Utami is too valuable so Momo is the one that's gonna be forced to wrestle in a hog pen match and then she's gonna get squashed by Saya Kamitani.

How dare you compare Tall Saya to Ultimate Warrior?

She's gonna get squashed by Unagi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Well wrestling ability-wise that's an apt comparison but booking-wise Unagi's the anti-Ultimate Warrior. She loses every match and looks bad in every match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The good news is that if Bea signs with WWE it increases the chances of Will signing with WWE and then I never have to think about him again

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like a vpoor idea to bet on that unless you are betting an insignificant amount of money with incredible odds. that's likely, but i'm left wondering

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Continuing my dive into the TJPW archives and I've just got to the PPV show from last May. I know it's been said before a lot, but Miyu Yamashita might be the coolest person who has ever lived.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Continuing my dive into the TJPW archives and I've just got to the PPV show from last May. I know it's been said before a lot, but Miyu Yamashita might be the coolest person who has ever lived.
She is simultaneously the coolest and dorkiest.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A secondary favourite: Kamiyu, who is about to face the Bakuretsu Sisters, just rocking the gently caress out to their theme because it's an undeniable banger.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Will Ospreay mentioned in his press conference that he'd like to have Stardom representative in his United Empire group so look forward to seeing a small clown wreck havoc ringside on njpw shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

A secondary favourite: Kamiyu, who is about to face the Bakuretsu Sisters, just rocking the gently caress out to their theme because it's an undeniable banger.
Kamiyu was an outspoken supporter of the BLM movement, because in her own words, black people were much nicer to her as a foreigner in American High School than white people were. teenager in Ohio. They stuck up for her, and protected her from bullying.

She also likes to poo poo post on twitter at 4am, which is also very cool.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Stall_19 posted:

Will Ospreay mentioned in his press conference that he'd like to have Stardom representative in his United Empire group so look forward to seeing a small clown wreck havoc ringside on njpw shows.

please don't be so rude about Saya Iida

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I was today years old when I found out VENY was trained by Ayako Hamada, and I can instantly see the influence!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stall_19 posted:

But Pom Harajuku isn't even IN Stardom???

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

Mean thing to say about Natsuko Tora

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

RealFoxy posted:

Kamiyu was an outspoken supporter of the BLM movement, because in her own words, black people were much nicer to her as a foreigner in American High School than white people were. teenager in Ohio. They stuck up for her, and protected her from bullying.

She also likes to poo poo post on twitter at 4am, which is also very cool.

She was also right on pestering Maki Itoh at 4:00 AM to make sure she was alright when the hacker knocked her off the internet

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Lamuella posted:

She hasn't done it in a long time, but way back when she was a low card chickenshit heel, she used to catch opponents off guard by halting the match and shouting, in perfect English, "Don't touch my loving hair!" The first time I saw it I had no idea beforehand that she'd lived in America and spoke English. It remains, to this day, the hardest I've ever popped at wrestling that I wasn't attending live.

Pretty much the entire TJPW roster all really stepped up around 2018-2019 and Kamiyu was still the clear most improved over that span. It's been really awesome watching her develop.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

The good news is that if Bea signs with WWE it increases the chances of Will signing with WWE and then I never have to think about him again

Bella Vicarly and Billy Falcon

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Stedley Hawk

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's Sheamus's cousin Billy O'Spray

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Oh hey, Stardom ring announcer Yurie Kozakai is live tweeting an anime she working on.....oh she's apparently one of the leads....let's see what it's about

quote:

One rainy day, salaryman Amakusa Ryo is saved by a high school girl at the station. He later finds out that the girl is Arima Ichika. Ryo is somewhat of a womanizer and to repay her for saving him, he suggests giving her a kiss or going out on a date with her, in which Ichika tells him he's creepy. This, however, opens a new door for Ryo and he falls madly in love with her. Ever since then, Ryo tries to overly express his feelings to Ichika. Ichika keeps insulting him and says he's being creepy, but he just seems to take it as her way of showing affection towards him...

.......Anime is truly a mistake.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Welcome back to Tales From The Sex Offender's Register

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Maybe I'm being too harsh on it. 8 out of 10 British wrestlers recommend it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

drat I can't believe Stardom let their fan club write an anime.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Stall_19 posted:

Oh hey, Stardom ring announcer Yurie Kozakai is live tweeting an anime she working on.....oh she's apparently one of the leads....let's see what it's about

.......Anime is truly a mistake.

And he's 27 and she's 17. I legitimately think the Japanese government should force anime to be about adults.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The manga that anime is based on is actually written by a woman for women. Age gap romance is popular among woman manga readers.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Brief thoughts on the first half of Yokohama Dream Cinderella.

Opener was rough & sloppy. Momo beating up Mina was cool. Tall Saya vs Unagi was fine. The Elimination tag was mostly fun but I hated the finish. Saki gets clobbered by a chair to the head and then gets a roll up anyway? Not feeling it. Gokigen Death in Oedo Tai looking devastated while still doing her devil horns is real good though. I do so enjoy her character work, there's real pathos on her being forced into Oedo Tai.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The manga that anime is based on is actually written by a woman for women. Age gap romance is popular among woman manga readers.

looking at the wiki and some other resources, in both art and plot this seems pretty solidly josei (18-45 women demo). out of my wheelhouse, but not a bad VA gig imo

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Qonas posted:

... current treatment of Momo because yes, I am that guy. At least they've done right by Tam finally.

What happened with Momo? Just the lack of a general push right now?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Demtor posted:

What happened with Momo? Just the lack of a general push right now?

She's been out of the title scene for a long time. Her only achievement of note in the last year was winning the tag tournament with AZM. She gets some high profile matches (which she usually loses), but for now she's just kind of treading water and it's clear that Rossy only sees her as a "good hand", like Kyona, now that the roster is a little deeper.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mei Suruga is working OZ Academy next month. Hope she gets recruited by the Seiki-gun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The next step on Suzu Suzuki's Road of being thrown through tables and onto ladders will be against Masashi Takeda, which instantly becomes one of the most anticipated matches of the month.

Roll on April 24

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

forkboy84 posted:

The next step on Suzu Suzuki's Road of being thrown through tables and onto ladders will be against Masashi Takeda, which instantly becomes one of the most anticipated matches of the month.

Hell yeah

I'm using the recent Korakuen show as my springboard to finally get into Actwres girl'Z after years of saying "hmm, I should get into Actwres girl'Z" whenever their wrestlers pop up in Ice Ribbon. Are there any must-see recentish matches before that show I should check out?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I would love to see Momo in one of the other Joshi promotions (or AEW) because she is awesome as hell.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://youtu.be/cQ1-UfciFf0

:france:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Points 1 and 2 are scandalous. What a controversial video.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Saya Iida has a knee injury (if I understood correctly, both an ACL and LCL tear) and will miss the Cinderella Tournament. Hanan will compete instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

Points 1 and 2 are scandalous. What a controversial video.

What do you expect when it comes to the loving French? :argh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm catching up with TJPW's women only show, and it's a blast. Moka looked good in her match against Mirai, and MSM cosplaying Sakisama was hilarious. I love those dastardly French

e: and the very next thing I watch has Misao's shenanigans against Tenma and Haruna :allears:

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 8, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Reminder that the TJPW show starts this Sunday at 10 PM Eastern.

It's not like there's anythign else worth doing on Sunday, Snivy day will be over by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh poo poo, if only Pokemon Go hadn't logged me out randomly and then uninstalled itself from my phone.