Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Hahha, I know. I'm just teasing. GenU was killer when it came out and I still love it for Prowler mode.

Rise is just SOOOO good.

It looks so different that I don’t want to play it and gently caress up my enjoyment of GU. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Beastie posted:

A friend of mine is the person at Build-A-Bear that created and launched the Animal Crossing line and she is not having a good day.
What happened?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

No Wave posted:

What happened?

Knowing nothing else I assume Nintendo Fans are just the worst

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No Wave posted:

What happened?

They had a virtual queue with huge wait times and waited until a half hour before they went on sale to reveal which characters and people are pissed off that it’s only Isabella and Tom Nook. And scalpers got a lot of them

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

pixaal posted:

I remember Mon Hun Tri-U for the WiiU the demo fight was Lagombi and boy was that fucker not easy in the demo gear at least if you had never played Mon Hun before. I tried the hard fight once and almost noped right out of the game. loving underwater Plesioth fight. Thankfully underwater fights weren't that common.

I think that might have been the last mon hun with underwater fighting.
Pretty sure Tri for the Wii was the first one with underwater fighting. It didn't last long.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Beastie posted:

A friend of mine is the person at Build-A-Bear that created and launched the Animal Crossing line and she is not having a good day.

If it makes her feel any better the toys are real real cute, they are Mrs. RichterIX approved and she's played every AC game at launch since she was a little kid.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Give me a Mr. Resetti Build-a-Bear you cowards.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s crazy how MH has gone from this niche series for hardcore gamers to being Capcom’s biggest selling franchise

Who could have predicted that taking out 90% of the unfun jank that had been weighing down the series from it's inception would create a popular game? Honestly it felt like they wanted to keep people away from the series for most of it's life.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Put Resetti back in the game and make anyone who time traveled or savescummed until now sit through a 30 minute lecture before being allowed to play.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RichterIX posted:

If it makes her feel any better the toys are real real cute, they are Mrs. RichterIX approved and she's played every AC game at launch since she was a little kid.

this sentence aged me

I will crumble to dust soon

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Happy Hedonist posted:

It looks so different that I don’t want to play it and gently caress up my enjoyment of GU. Lol

I'm playing the poo poo out of Rise and I'd still happily go back to GU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Len posted:

Knowing nothing else I assume Nintendo Fans are just the worst

Oh you don't have to assume. Almost every game fandom is a cancer that needs to be excised.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Almost every game fandom is a cancer that needs to be excised.

anyone that makes one or more intellectual properties their identity needs an intervention, but unfortunately capitalism actively stokes this for profit.

death to fye, death to box lunch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bug Squash posted:

Who could have predicted that taking out 90% of the unfun jank that had been weighing down the series from it's inception would create a popular game? Honestly it felt like they wanted to keep people away from the series for most of it's life.

to be fair a lot of series are popular despite, and arguably because of, unfun jank

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

anyone that makes one or more intellectual properties their identity needs an intervention, but unfortunately capitalism actively stokes this for profit.

death to fye, death to box lunch

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but i feel that somehow, somewhere, there is a fan community that isn't full of extremist dipshits.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Mister Facetious posted:

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but i feel that somehow, somewhere, there is a fan community that isn't full of extremist dipshits.

Normally the Godzilla fandom is pretty chill but the monsterverse movies always cause like 2 to 3 months of people arguing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Mister Facetious posted:

Mega Man community was pretty chill before 2011 now it’s full of annoying people that want to play the victim constantly. Can’t think of any good fandom that’s persisted past the creation of Twitter honestly

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

You're talking about casual fans. It used to be more common that you could like something without necessarily immersing yourself in it and staking your identity on it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

You're talking about casual fans. It used to be more common that you could like something without necessarily immersing yourself in it and staking your identity on it.

tribalism is a bitch, for sure

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s crazy how MH has gone from this niche series for hardcore gamers to being Capcom’s biggest selling franchise

MonHun's always been pretty broadly popular in Japan, but for a while it was on the less popular handheld and/or way more focused on local MP, so combined with the streamlining World's the first chance it's really had to get big in the same way internationally.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Show me and I'll agree with you.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I hope they add Prowler mode to Rise or at least include it with the G-rank DLC/version.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Midjack posted:

Show me and I'll agree with you.

I said I feel (read: hope) there is, not that I know there to be one. :rolleyes:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

If anyone was looking to get the new 8bitdo it seems like reviews are trickling out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ZNTaoQt5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZoiBGtxzIs

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

hatty posted:

Mega Man community was pretty chill before 2011 now it’s full of annoying people that want to play the victim constantly. Can’t think of any good fandom that’s persisted past the creation of Twitter honestly

Post-2011 should be fans who can die happy having gotten MM 9 and 10. And then we got Street Fighter x Mega Man in 2012! That's it, show's over folks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 11 was really good at least

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
One thing that I'm surprised Rise doesn't have is some kind of infinite wire bug mode. It'd be real fun to be able to spiderman around the map, and not even unbalanced if you only allowed it in expeditions or whatever.

Ah well, as it is just having 3 wire bugs gives very little downtime.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

One thing that I'm surprised Rise doesn't have is some kind of infinite wire bug mode. It'd be real fun to be able to spiderman around the map, and not even unbalanced if you only allowed it in expeditions or whatever.

Ah well, as it is just having 3 wire bugs gives very little downtime.

I watched a weapon vid and with the insect glaive + wirebugs you can pretty much stay in the air infinitely

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, insect glaive and gunlance in particular can cross half the map without ever touching the ground, and even without weapons you can get some really impressive airtime if you toss barrel bombs to stall in midair.

But also training mode lets you give yourself infinite wirebugs, if you want to just jump in midair forever.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Edit: nevermind]

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inzombiac posted:

Hahha, I know. I'm just teasing. GenU was killer when it came out and I still love it for Prowler mode.

Rise is just SOOOO good.

Yeah it's this. Rise is excellent but any game that doesn't let you beat up monsters as a cat is automatically inferior. :catbert:

Now excuse me while I resume beating monsters over the face with a hammer and cackling when they go crunch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know people say there are no bad weapons but I think that's because we all forget prowler mode happened.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They had a virtual queue with huge wait times and waited until a half hour before they went on sale to reveal which characters and people are pissed off that it’s only Isabella and Tom Nook. And scalpers got a lot of them

Nintendofans.txt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That sounds like Nintendo.txt really

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Nintendo the vendor in this case or build a bear?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am very surprised to learn that there is a mega man fan community, and I assume I speak for capcom as well

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

TheManWithNoName posted:

If anyone was looking to get the new 8bitdo it seems like reviews are trickling out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ZNTaoQt5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZoiBGtxzIs

Preordered one for myself, the pro controller is really outdated and mediocre, hopefully this is a breath of fresh air.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The pro controller is fine, what are you talking about.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've been a huge MH fan since Freedom Unite but even as someone who got through almost all of Generations Ultimate, the changes they made in World and Rise are so good that if I ever have to go back to crafting and putting insect nets/pickaxes in my inventory, or being unable to jump into multiplayer sessions mid-mission, etc, I'll be really annoyed.

Hell even the change Rise made to interface stuff, like how armor is displayed when you're upgrading it, or how weapons have elemental symbols next to their icons, all great changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

RCarr posted:

The pro controller is fine, what are you talking about.

Yea it's fine, I don't disagree. Is it really good or worthy of praise? Not really. After all these years it feels like a toy relative to other offerings, has nearly completely unutilized elements we pay for (haptics/NFC) and is missing several things that would be better for the money. It's comfortable and has good battery life but it's expensive. It's bad for racing games and it's OK for shooting games. It's OK for games requiring precision movement. It's far worse for other systems use (PC etc) than Xbox, PS or other offerings. So in the end it was "the best option" for the Switch by virtue of being the only option really but it seems that it is no longer the case.