Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

how bout: CashGrassOrAsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

Them's the rules!!!!

You better have my character stats for Dark Souls III ready for later also! (Currently chopping up my DS1 videos for rearrangement into a video while trying to think of what we are going to name new character).

Veeg just a word of note that if you start as deprived you get a big club. Not a huge club, but a big one nonetheless. I have just started a new run as that in the interest of any potential Jolly Cooperation.

Also remember to have the music volume sent to 11

:edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvwBXAHFKY

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

Veeg just a word of note that if you start as deprived you get a big club. Not a huge club, but a big one nonetheless. I have just started a new run as that in the interest of any potential Jolly Cooperation.

Also remember to have the music volume sent to 11

:edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvwBXAHFKY

Hahaha please more Dark Souls memes! :D

Also no clubs this run through. Esco is choosing my build and I am going to push myself to use that. :) We are kicking it up a notch! Especially as DS2 only took me eleven sessions. I think the club is done for the moment.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I was thinking another club run would be boring to play but I was really impressed with how weighty and bonky the starting club feels in this - I'd never used it before.

I'm trying a utility build which will basically be equal points into str/dex/int/faith which I assume is going to make life extremely difficult. Anyone have any advice for it?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You can't name your mans in sek? Game of the NEVER!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't believe I'll only have 7 days to beat Returnal before Resident Evil: Village comes out...Holy poo poo that is going to be an awesome two weeks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
loving Ludwig. Think I've about got this guy dialed in but holy poo poo does he have a lot of moves in his first phase that can nuke you. The charge in particular is a little buggy and I feel like sometimes I'll dodge it but get caught up in his model and dragged along, then end up dying anyways when my i-frames run out.

The second phase doesn't even seem as hard I just can't get there consistently yet so I'm still learning the timing. Think I'll get there soon though, once I go grind more blood vials.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

fridge corn posted:

No, your name is Sekiro

Except when it's Wolf. I was never clear if that was a title or a name.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

PantsBandit posted:

loving Ludwig. Think I've about got this guy dialed in but holy poo poo does he have a lot of moves in his first phase that can nuke you. The charge in particular is a little buggy and I feel like sometimes I'll dodge it but get caught up in his model and dragged along, then end up dying anyways when my i-frames run out.

The second phase doesn't even seem as hard I just can't get there consistently yet so I'm still learning the timing. Think I'll get there soon though, once I go grind more blood vials.

Make sure you hit that skeleton banging on the gate on the run-up to Ludwig. He's specifically there for blood vial farming.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

grassy gnoll posted:

Except when it's Wolf. I was never clear if that was a title or a name.
He's nameless, it's a shinobi thing. Wolf is just what his father calls him. The Tengu calls him Sekiro because it's a stupid pun and he thinks he's funny: seki- is a prefix that means half of something and "rou" is different word for wolf. \

So basically he's making fun of your disability to your face like the dickweed he is.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm a little disappointed by miles morales. A showcase for the graphical and performance potential of the ps5 it's obviously stunning, but I really think they could have added to the gameplay elements of the original (although it's good they got rid of the puzzle mini games).

I think it's more my problem, as unlike most goons I got pretty burnt out on the spiderman gameplay loop after finishing the main campaign. They're still fantastic games, but I guess the two elements of which the game consists, which is swingin' and fightin', have just lost their charm.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if he was given a real name it's never mentioned in the game. Sekiro and Wolf are both titles.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Make sure you hit that skeleton banging on the gate on the run-up to Ludwig. He's specifically there for blood vial farming.

Yeah I was texting a friend of mine about it and he said the same thing. I'd totally tunnel visioned past that thing for the last 10 or so attempts and burned through dozens of vials as a result :doh:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
took 20 min from work to check out oddworld and apparently it needs a metal gear solid opening to get going poo poo is long and extremely depressing just to get to an average at best side scroller

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Fuckin dropped Ludwig. The only move he had that was consistently killing me in his second phase was the massive aoe he does after visceral attacking him. Managed to get behind him as he did it this time and emptied my full stamina bar into him, didn't take much after that.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

For me Game Pass has been pretty great for new releases that I might've overlooked had they not shown up there on Day 1. Couple that come to mind although I may be wrong about when they showed up are:

Blazing Chrome - really fun modern Contra-like
Ape Out - Kinda sorta like Hotline Miami but you're a monkey bashing and throwing folks around
Streets of Rage 4 (ok I would've bought this otherwise)
Flight Simulator (this too)
Cyber Shadow - (I probably wouldn't have played this and it's a recent fave) Modern side scroller like NES Ninja Gaiden but the controls are so so good and the whole game is just fantastic.
Narita Boy - looks cool, nice to have available immediately as it's another one that I might skip if there's no demo to see if it's my jam
Lonely Mountains Downhill - is another I've had fun with that I probably wouldn't have dropped 10-15 on to check out otherwise

It's been worth it for me but I totally understand just buying what you wanna play right when you wanna play it like a friend does. The biggest benefit to me has been trying out stuff I would've likely skipped completely otherwise and finding some new favorites.

edit: Cyber Shadow is a really generic name but it's so loving good. The controls are so tight and the bosses are all tough but mostly very fair. I highly recommend it and it's available on ps5 and ps4.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PantsBandit posted:

Fuckin dropped Ludwig. The only move he had that was consistently killing me in his second phase was the massive aoe he does after visceral attacking him. Managed to get behind him as he did it this time and emptied my full stamina bar into him, didn't take much after that.

Nice work, dude. Ludwig is quite hard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just jump on Ludwig's head three times, there's plenty of room to avoid his magic wand rays

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lobok posted:

Lots of good stuff in the Accessibility settings. Increased Dodge Window, High Contrast Spider Sense (easier to see), hold buttons instead of mashing them, auto-complete QTEs. The skill tree is pretty much guided for you since it's level-gated so no real tips there, just get everything as it becomes available.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Do the combat/stealth/traversal challenges ASAP because they unlock really useful abilities. There’s two of each of them

ok I'm going in finally ty! Again, first Spider-Man game really aside from watching a friend play the PS2 one. Super fun zip-zooming around

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

VideoGames posted:

Hahaha please more Dark Souls memes! :D

DS1 walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbOVTQnbAA

DS2 wallkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws

the classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
just found out that Control: Ultimate Edition doesn't have access to any of the digital deluxe stuff that the ps4 version had, which includes the deprivation tank mission where you're guided by Hideo Kojima. pretty dumb!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

psychoJ posted:

just found out that Control: Ultimate Edition doesn't have access to any of the digital deluxe stuff that the ps4 version had, which includes the deprivation tank mission where you're guided by Hideo Kojima. pretty dumb!

This also includes the PS4 exclusive costume, which was also the best one!!!!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Seems the publisher continues to be lovely and refuses to recognize what an Ultimate Edition entails.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Bust Rodd posted:

This also includes the PS4 exclusive costume, which was also the best one!!!!

But the Asynchronous Suit wasn't exclusive to PS4, and also it was in Ultimate Edition??????

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Just jump on Ludwig's head three times, there's plenty of room to avoid his magic wand rays

:golfclap:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I thought this was PS+ and spent a good minute thinking I had gone crazy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oddworld is fun so far. It didn't give me the greatest first impression but once it settles in it's more Oddworld. I think New and Tasty gave me a better first impression but this is still definitely fun.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I tried Oddworld and didn’t get out of the cave before turning it off. It’s very gamey and bland and doesn’t feel like my thing at all. Maybe my 11 year old will like it. I dunno. Also, bruh, forget about her. You mean nothing to her. I don’t even know who she is and I’m over her. Talk about them stitches over his mouth being an Incel analogy. Holy poo poo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
what the gently caress are you babbling about

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Blind Rasputin posted:

I tried Oddworld and didn’t get out of the cave before turning it off. It’s very gamey and bland and doesn’t feel like my thing at all. Maybe my 11 year old will like it. I dunno. Also, bruh, forget about her. You mean nothing to her. I don’t even know who she is and I’m over her. Talk about them stitches over his mouth being an Incel analogy. Holy poo poo.

The cutscene just went on forever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonna start on Soul Storm later tonight. I watched the intro cutscene at least, and it was very pretty, but it looks like you really need to have played the previous games first to understand what is going on.

The first game I know has been remade and is for PS4, but is the 2nd game even available on modern consoles?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Soulstorm is the remake of the second game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you are still in the starting cave its barely representative of the actual gameplay in Oddworld but I appreciate your robust option based on about 7 minutes of play.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If you include the cutscene it was 25 minutes of gameplay.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nail Rat posted:

Soulstorm is the remake of the second game.

Honestly they made a big misstep in not just calling it Abe’s Exoddus again to make sure people get this.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 7, 2021

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

are they full on remakes? i was thinking they were more of reboots

either way i'm stoked, first two PS games were some of my favorites of all time

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

are they full on remakes? i was thinking they were more of reboots

New 'n' Tasty is a faithful remake of Oddysee, Soulstorm is a whole new game with elements of Exoddus' story. Exoddus was developed in around nine months, so without a publisher breathing down their neck, the devs decided to go hog wild on a whole new game this time around rather than remake it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whens republic commando?
Is it out today?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Real hurthling! posted:

Whens republic commando?
Is it out today?

Yeah I'm hoping to get some trip reports. Aspyr's ports of the older Star Wars games had some real issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The weird organic alien bounty hunter game Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath was pretty badass and I really enjoyed experiencing that game world through a fun game with power fantasy elements than through the puzzle platformer games.