Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RichterIX posted:

The recommendation for cheap over-ear should always be Status Audio CB-1, depending on what you mean by "cheap."

Pretty much this. They are the best value under $70 (maybe even $100 unless you get a deal).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty much this. They are the best value under $70 (maybe even $100 unless you get a deal).

The CB-1's, at least if you're in the US I dunno how it goes elsewhere, are $55 straight from Status, who as I recently discovered with their BT Ones, has incredibly good shipping and support both. Shipping was free too on the BT Ones at least.

https://www.status.co/products/cb1

E: Also I belatedly realized after a nap and feeling less like trash that that was already what you meant. :cripes:

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 2, 2021

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I tried replacing my DT990s with HiFiMan Sunderas, and while I love the sound, they're tight enough to give me a headache. Anyone have a sense of whether they tend to loosen up over time?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I tried replacing my DT990s with HiFiMan Sunderas, and while I love the sound, they're tight enough to give me a headache. Anyone have a sense of whether they tend to loosen up over time?

Not exactly. I bought a pair of Dr Fang Bian's Anandas about a year and a half ago. Or more, kind of hazy now. Anyway, the clamp, pads and general fit haven't changed at all from when I first got them. (to be clear: they get a lot of use)

Generally speaking too much clamp is something easily adjusted with careful & risky headband bending. Do so at your own risk though. Also this doesn't work with anything made of spring steel for obvious reasons.

Or it could be a case of you simply wanting more compressive earpads in which case Dekoni may be able to sell you something softish. Not having the Sundaras specifically I can't comment on the stock foam.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Thanks and also hrmhrmhrmhrm. I like the sound so much that I really don't want to return them, but then I also generally prefer headphones that don't give me headaches. Decisions decisions.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
awp, I got burned, I got what i thought was 2 pairs of senns, with one needing a new plug, and it turns out they are both bolloxed,
Well, to be fair, I usually get 215's and saw some 205's for cheepy, so shrugged and gottem, they are p tite, and I get one ear crackle when using my fiio.
me dum.
other set are missing end of plug.

staberind fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 2, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Orv posted:

The CB-1's, at least if you're in the US I dunno how it goes elsewhere, are $55 straight from Status, who as I recently discovered with their BT Ones, has incredibly good shipping and support both. Shipping was free too on the BT Ones at least.

https://www.status.co/products/cb1

E: Also I belatedly realized after a nap and feeling less like trash that that was already what you meant. :cripes:

Yeah I didnt realize they were on sale (which they frequently are tbh). Because of that I wouldnt pay full price for them lol.

I saw the BT ones but I am not a fan of on ears

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

staberind posted:

awp, I got burned, I got what i thought was 2 pairs of senns, with one needing a new plug, and it turns out they are both bolloxed,
Well, to be fair, I usually get 215's and saw some 205's for cheepy, so shrugged and gottem, they are p tite, and I get one ear crackle when using my fiio.
me dum.
other set are missing end of plug.

That doesnt sound good. I actually fix old electronics for a hobby. Want me to look at it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I didnt realize they were on sale (which they frequently are tbh). Because of that I wouldnt pay full price for them lol.

I saw the BT ones but I am not a fan of on ears

The BTs sounded incredible, to me anyway, but they were tiny and the construction felt just cheap enough that with my giant head I figured they'd come apart sooner than later. Definitely going to pick up some CBs though after how impressed I was with those.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Into The Mild posted:

That doesnt sound good. I actually fix old electronics for a hobby. Want me to look at it?

Oh! nice, I think I worked out the snap crackle pop, but I need a reasonably good plug on the other set to, y'know hear anything,
are you in the states or where?
uhh, lemme ping you instead of filling the thread up.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm looking for some good wireless headphones to use with my desktop PC for gaming, livestreaming and general use.

I use a blue snowball mic for my microphone, so I don't need a microphone. I just want something with good audio quality that will serve me well for directional audio in games and everything else.

What are some goon recommendations between 50-200 bucks.

I also may consider wired if goons here say I should definitely go with that instead for an overall better experience. The wireless I just like having to be able to get up and walk around while hearing voice chat and music.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Ok Comboomer posted:

Here, I posted this for somebody else but Id recommend both of these to you because theyre both built like tanks. The Sony should last you years, though youll have to replace the ear pads ($10-20) eventually

Thanks, might have to consider upping my budget for those Sony's (I like that they've been making these for years and seem to be well regarded to be built well).

But otherwise, also considering the Status Audio CB-1's vs the AudioTechnicas. Of the two, which would have better construction and durability? I'm a clutz so I am sure to drop these, throw them on my desk etc.

edit: Nevermind, found the Sony's in my budget so I went with those. Thanks for the advice!

Oysters Autobio fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 3, 2021

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
FWIW the Sony 7506, if thats what youre talking about, have my least favorite sound signature of any pair of headphones Ive ever owned. They live in my audio bag and theyre fine for that, but I would not want them to be my regular cans.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

powderific posted:

FWIW the Sony 7506, if thats what youre talking about, have my least favorite sound signature of any pair of headphones Ive ever owned. They live in my audio bag and theyre fine for that, but I would not want them to be my regular cans.

I have no idea what a sound signature is so I'm probably fine (edit: sorry, didn't mean to come off snarky, I just mean I'm not much of an audiophile), these are just for gaming and dumb internet videos, I'll barely be listening to music on them.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Oysters Autobio posted:

I have no idea what a sound signature is so I'm probably fine (edit: sorry, didn't mean to come off snarky, I just mean I'm not much of an audiophile), these are just for gaming and dumb internet videos, I'll barely be listening to music on them.

He means that he doesn't like the way they sound - probably for extended listening sessions.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Started reading this thread to ask a question of my own and then completely forgot to, woops.

I'm looking for some headphones primarily for gaming and while I listen to a ton of music I'm not particularly picky there, if at all. Gaming headsets, studio reference or just regular listening sets are all fine as I've got a mic setup and it's likely my wants would drive me towards an digital 7.1 setup but every single one I've tested in years gone by has been trash. Maybe that's changed and I don't know it.

Ultimately my biggest wants are a really good sound stage, primarily for clarity of picking things out during games if I'm sticking with something stereo or really good digital surround, which I continue to suspect isn't a thing.

Budget - $100-150 USD
Source - Wired, PC with soundcard (probably a bad one)
Isolation Requirements - Not necessary, wouldn't hurt
Preferred Type of Headphone - Circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - Neutral accuracy is the concern over any particular balance but I tend to prefer something warmer when that comes through.
Past Headphones - Reams of trash gaming headphones none of which really stood out, 990s that were probably my favorite music/film pair and a couple of cheaper studio sets like the Philips SHP9500 and ones around that price range that I've really enjoyed for gaming imaging.
Preferred Music - Lots of modern rock and trash pop, but not overly concerned on the music performance as it has to be actively bad for me to really care on that front.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 4, 2021

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oysters Autobio posted:

Nah, not snarky, definitely get that stuff like that is not important to everyone. Like the person above said basically mean I dont like the way they sound.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I need a guiding hand on my sound set up and this seemed the most appropriate thread. Right now I have audio out from the PC to a Lepai 20W amp I got 8 years ago. These power some old passive Polk Series II (80W) monitor speakers I have on my desk. When I want to use headphones I just use the case headphone output and it switches over. Bing bong so simple. I want to add in a dac/amp stack to this and wanted some clarity on pre-amp outs I'm seeing on the amps. Is is possible to have have PC -> DAC -> H. Amp (preout) -> Speaker Amp -> Speakers? Then if I plug in headphones into the headphone amp it'll suppress the pre out and sound only will come out the headphones? For general kit pricing I was looking at the Schiit or JDS Labs stuff to keep it within 200-300 dollars for the stack. Probably will upgrade to better headphones as I use 7506s now.

So would a JDS or Schiit stack work as described here or am I missing some bits? It reads like pre-outs are always sending out audio so i would have to shut off the speaker amp to not have sound coming out both speakers and headphones.

doomisland fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 4, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

doomisland posted:

I need a guiding hand on my sound set up and this seemed the most appropriate thread. Right now I have audio out from the PC to a Lepai 20W amp I got 8 years ago. These power some old passive Polk Series II (80W) monitor speakers I have on my desk. When I want to use headphones I just use the case headphone output and it switches over. Bing bong so simple. I want to add in a dac/amp stack to this and wanted some clarity on pre-amp outs I'm seeing on the amps. Is is possible to have have PC -> DAC -> H. Amp (preout) -> Speaker Amp -> Speakers? Then if I plug in headphones into the headphone amp it'll suppress the pre out and sound only will come out the headphones? For general kit pricing I was looking at the Schiit or JDS Labs stuff to keep it within 200-300 dollars for the stack. Probably will upgrade to better headphones as I use 7506s now.

So would a JDS or Schiit stack work as described here or am I missing some bits? It reads like pre-outs are always sending out audio so i would have to shut off the speaker amp to not have sound coming out both speakers and headphones.

Nope you had it right. They should work as described

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
A few months ago in this thread someone was talking about some cheap (I think they were sub-$50 USD) Chi-fi true wireless IEMs or earbuds from Amazon that they recommended. I have tried searching the thread but I can't seem to find them now. My wife is looking for something inexpensive for podcasts and the like, I should have wishlisted them when people were posting them. Sorry this is such a broad question, I'm hoping someone will remember which of the million cheap true wireless phones I'm talking about.

Edit: Whining about it made me remember, it was the Tranya b530 Pro.

RichterIX fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2021

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Orv posted:

Started reading this thread to ask a question of my own and then completely forgot to, woops.

I'm looking for some headphones primarily for gaming and while I listen to a ton of music I'm not particularly picky there, if at all. Gaming headsets, studio reference or just regular listening sets are all fine as I've got a mic setup and it's likely my wants would drive me towards an digital 7.1 setup but every single one I've tested in years gone by has been trash. Maybe that's changed and I don't know it.

Ultimately my biggest wants are a really good sound stage, primarily for clarity of picking things out during games if I'm sticking with something stereo or really good digital surround, which I continue to suspect isn't a thing.

Budget - $100-150 USD
Source - Wired, PC with soundcard (probably a bad one)
Isolation Requirements - Not necessary, wouldn't hurt
Preferred Type of Headphone - Circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - Neutral accuracy is the concern over any particular balance but I tend to prefer something warmer when that comes through.
Past Headphones - Reams of tras and trash pop, but not overly concerned on the music performance as it has to be actively bad for me to really care on that front.
They're just a little more than $150, and have some weird shipping issues, but the Sennheiser Pc38x has a great soundstage and nice mic for the price. They are open-backed, so not much isolation, but open-backed is a lot better for soundstage.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RichterIX posted:

Edit: Whining about it made me remember, it was the Tranya b530 Pro.

i think that was me, I still like 'em!

I don't honestly know how different or better they are than other $30 tws jobbies, but I think they sound more than good enough, even as a big ol' headphone snob.

e: what I'm really waiting for is a TWS set with APTX-LL but who knows if that's ever gonna happen

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Just got the Audio Technica ATH-R70x open back headphones. I'm using a JDS Atom Amp to drive them as they are 470 ohms. The R70x is Audio Technica's base level open back reference headphones and are designed to compete with the Sennheiser HD600/650/6xx series. They are a very close match in frequency response to the HD650 with maybe a touch less treble. Soundwise the tuning is pretty pleasant. It's definitely not the most detailed headphones but seems to be a solid midpriced choice. I'm used to closed backs because I normally use headphones for commuting but I'm using these at home. Since I haven't used open backs before, the openness is really nice in my quiet home office and probably keeping these. I'd love to listen to the HD800S but am just not ready to commit so much money to headphones I can't hear first.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

So I've had a pair of ath-m50 since like.. 2011 or something. They've held up quite well, but time does add up and I figure it is time to start finding a new set. I'm thinking I might try something open backed as I don't need the isolation (and I've still got these if I want to go somewhere with headphones), and anywhere in the 200-500$ range is perfectly in budget, though pushing up to 600 is workable if something excellent is in that range. I haven't disliked them, but honestly they're the first pair of not-complete-crap headphones I've had so I don't have experience with other to compare what I might not like as much.

Generally listen to music via stuff like youtube, but I sometimes do download higher quality stuff. Pretty much any genre besides country goes across the playlist, though lately its been mostly metal/j-rock/kpop.

I live in an area where going to a store and checking out headphones directly just isn't an option. I'm also interested in checking out a different brand than ath.

Some inept research later and something like the sennheiser 660s or shure SRH1840 seems like they'd fit the bill, but I'd be interested in you folk's opinions. The only music thing in particular that I'm wanting is having complicated bass stuff come through well.

Also if something needs an amp to drive it I'm guessing something like the jds atom would work? I don't have one, but don't mind picking one up as I imagine that it'll last.

Budget - 200-500 (up to 600 if something there just really fits)
Source - computer, occasionally phone (though I'll probably just use my old m50s for on the go)
Isolation Requirements - no
Preferred Type of Headphone - whatever the fancy word is for around the ear and not directly on it
Preferred Tonal Balance - balanced, maybe a touch of bass leaning
Past Headphones - ath-m50 - no complaints really, just old and looking for a new pair and want to branch out.
Preferred Music - metal (ie iron maiden / sabaton / ghost), j-rock (ie band maid, nemophila, polkadot stingray), k-pop (ie mamamoo, g-idle, pixy)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DT 1990s have really great bass articulation, some of the best you'll find in open headphones at that price range but they mostly retail at $599 and are a bit bright. Any of the Fostex X00s are really good too but they're hard to find as Drop hasn't put them out for awhile, which is a shame because I got a pair of the Ebony on Ebay recently and they're incredible, they are a "mostly" closed design though.

I'd say the HiFiMan Sundara is a good bet. It retails at $349 and has that characteristic planar bass signature, which is to say it's very speedy, well articulated with little muddiness, and with the right amplification can get some very decent low end slam. It's just clean af sounding though you won't get the same kind of thump you would in the 1990s or X00s.

I'd say if you're willing to go to $599 or can find them for cheaper then the 1990s are probably your best bet.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
KOSS electrostats are $400 on Drop if you want something weird

tbh Id much rather have 3 $400 cans that are weird and different than one $1200 set of headphones

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ok Comboomer posted:

KOSS electrostats are $400 on Drop if you want something weird

tbh Id much rather have 3 $400 cans that are weird and different than one $1200 set of headphones

I think they're out of stock right now, if not then it's still only the 220v one.

Also the energizer it comes with sucks rear end. Tbh it's still an INSANELY good deal for the price but you're better off just getting a decent pair of dynamics or planars.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I think they're out of stock right now, if not then it's still only the 220v one.

Also the energizer it comes with sucks rear end. Tbh it's still an INSANELY good deal for the price but you're better off just getting a decent pair of dynamics or planars.

that bad? I wanted a pair bc I think they look dope

but I had heard about people upgrading to other brands of energizer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ok Comboomer posted:

that bad? I wanted a pair bc I think they look dope

but I had heard about people upgrading to other brands of energizer.

It doesn't have enough juice for the headphones. The already gentle bass is just way too mousy and the rest of the experience comes out thin. It doesn't get any louder than a very moderate volume.
If you replace the energizer they're STILL amazing for $400 even if you factor in that you're just tossing the energizer in the corner, - they sound fantastic - but it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the "cheapest electrostats you're gonna find complete with amplification" thing that made them so appealing in the first place, especially because energizers are expensive even if you're getting second hand ones.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

It doesn't have enough juice for the headphones. The already gentle bass is just way too mousy and the rest of the experience comes out thin. It doesn't get any louder than a very moderate volume.
If you replace the energizer they're STILL amazing for $400 even if you factor in that you're just tossing the energizer in the corner, - they sound fantastic - but it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the "cheapest electrostats you're gonna find complete with amplification" thing that made them so appealing in the first place, especially because energizers are expensive even if you're getting second hand ones.

yeah, but electrostats for $400 + free energizer doesnt sound that bad. But I see your point, energizers are like $900+ so youre basically committing to getting some Stax in the future as well and at that point...well why 2 sets of electrostats?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

DT 1990s have really great bass articulation, some of the best you'll find in open headphones at that price range but they mostly retail at $599 and are a bit bright. Any of the Fostex X00s are really good too but they're hard to find as Drop hasn't put them out for awhile, which is a shame because I got a pair of the Ebony on Ebay recently and they're incredible, they are a "mostly" closed design though.

I'd say the HiFiMan Sundara is a good bet. It retails at $349 and has that characteristic planar bass signature, which is to say it's very speedy, well articulated with little muddiness, and with the right amplification can get some very decent low end slam. It's just clean af sounding though you won't get the same kind of thump you would in the 1990s or X00s.

I'd say if you're willing to go to $599 or can find them for cheaper then the 1990s are probably your best bet.

I saw someone earlier talking about the fostex and they looked interesting, but as you said it's a matter of searching ebay and stuff which I sort of hate.

Looking around I see some complaints about the high end on the 1990, is this more of a "super picky people" thing, or something you could trim down a bit with an eq thing?

I'm not tied to the open/closed aspect, just figured since the ones I've got are closed that a set of open ones would be interesting sound-wise.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ZypherIM posted:

I saw someone earlier talking about the fostex and they looked interesting, but as you said it's a matter of searching ebay and stuff which I sort of hate.

Looking around I see some complaints about the high end on the 1990, is this more of a "super picky people" thing, or something you could trim down a bit with an eq thing?

I'm not tied to the open/closed aspect, just figured since the ones I've got are closed that a set of open ones would be interesting sound-wise.

The DT 1990s are bright, like many other Beyerdynamics, but yeah you can definitely EQ them to blunt it a bit.
I'm not particularly treble sensitive so I didn't adjust them but the spike is definitely there and I can see how it can be fatiguing. They are really, really good headphones otherwise. If the idea of doing some EQ isn't too bothersome to you if the high end is a bit piercing for your tastes then it will definitely suit you as it has some great bass for open backs.

They're also not terribly hard to drive so you should get alright volume out of them directly from your phone or PC which is in contrast to the Sundara that I recommended which requires decent amplification.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

ZypherIM posted:

You can order E-Mu Teaks directly from the OEM (emu.com). Though they're a little slow to respond these days I think.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Constellation I posted:

You can order E-Mu Teaks directly from the OEM (emu.com). Though they're a little slow to respond these days I think.

I've been interested in these for awhile.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I have a Sennheiser HD540 Reference headset from about 1988 when I bought my stereo, the pads are shot, if I start bopping my head I get static in one ear. So I am probably going to replace the cable and hope it's not something in the internals.

If I were to replace them, whats a similar quality over ear open headphone, I tried the links on the main page but they died :(

I am driving them with an Onkyo TX-NR636 amp. My Denon amp died :(

edit:
Budget - $500 USD or up a bit
Source - Onkyo TX-NR636 amp, wired, 1/4" jack (the normal headphone size, right?)
Preferred Type of Headphone - circumaural, open
Preferred Tonal Balance - balanced
Past Headphones - Sennheiser HD-540 Reference
Preferred Music - mixed - classical, jazz, rock, metal, prog

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 7, 2021

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Rust Martialis posted:

I have a Sennheiser HD540 Reference headset from about 1988 when I bought my stereo, the pads are shot, if I start bopping my head I get static in one ear. So I am probably going to replace the cable and hope it's not something in the internals.

Pads for the HD250 will fit, and are all over eBay. Uses the same cable as the HD650 and compatible models, so plenty of those too.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Does anyone here owned the KSP E95X drop electrostatic for a while now? Got 1 last year and it had a hissing noise that wouldnt go away despite using canned air and covering it. Its replacement eventually had it as well so just sent it back for a refund.

Im tempted to get another if they improved their quality control for their newer units.

Its sound is pretty unique for sure.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

If I were to replace them, whats a similar quality over ear open headphone, I tried the links on the main page but they died :(

I am driving them with an Onkyo TX-NR636 amp. My Denon amp died :(

edit:
Budget - $500 USD or up a bit
Source - Onkyo TX-NR636 amp, wired, 1/4" jack (the normal headphone size, right?)
Preferred Type of Headphone - circumaural, open
Preferred Tonal Balance - balanced
Past Headphones - Sennheiser HD-540 Reference
Preferred Music - mixed - classical, jazz, rock, metal, prog

Sennheiser HD560s. Relatively new release, very good. I preordered mine during release late last year direct from Sennheiser and was quite impressed.

Also you'll keep most of your budget in your wallet.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Can anyone with actual experience compare these vintage Sennheisers with brand new models? I am kind of intrigued, but if I were to judge by what Ive read online, either the entire modern headphone industry is a scam, or people suffer from terrible nostalgia bias. So which one is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Can anyone with actual experience compare these vintage Sennheisers with brand new models? I am kind of intrigued, but if I were to judge by what Ive read online, either the entire modern headphone industry is a scam, or people suffer from terrible nostalgia bias. So which one is it?

I have had Sennheiser HD414XX, HD540 Reference II, HD565 Ovation, HD6XX and HD800S. The vintage ones have more pronounced sound signatures, but are all still good. The biggest difference that would be obvious to a layperson is that the bass is much weaker on the older models. If it is because of modern tuning preferences or older materials I don't know.

They are all from different decades, so I'm still looking for a model from the 70s to complete the collection.