Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Ravendas posted:

My wife and I got our J&J's last week in a drive thru location at a new EMS station. Really nice, three bays open, each bay holding three cars in a row at once, with lots of staff masked up running around and helping people.

First day we just had sore arms.
That night I kept getting piercing headaches that quickly faded.
Day after I had severe brain fog and fatigue. My wife was pretty fine. That night most of it faded.
Second day after and I was back to normal, except my arm was still sore at the injection spot.

Nothing too bad, and nice to know that in another week I'll have the bare minimum to be considered somewhat safe, and three more weeks I'll qualify as vaccinated (or however the J&J timeline works).

I'll be considered fully vaxxed up on 4/20 lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Getting Pfizer#1 Saturday at a CVS. gently caress Moderna. Funny thing is the easiest way through the site is to say you live in a shithole state like Alabama that has a bunch of openings and then select your actual state later.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

can i get all the different vaccines even the weird russian one and be 3000% immune???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think if you stack up enough immunity you'll start getting healthier by catching covid?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

nooneofconsequence posted:

Getting Pfizer#1 Saturday at a CVS. gently caress Moderna. Funny thing is the easiest way through the site is to say you live in a shithole state like Alabama that has a bunch of openings and then select your actual state later.

Do you have a reason for saying gently caress Moderna? Apparently we might get to choose between all three but I don't know which one is best. I already decided on a two parter with Pfizer or Moderna but comparing them is difficult. Probably there isn't really much difference at all but I still find myself thinking about it

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

numberoneposter posted:

can i get all the different vaccines even the weird russian one and be 3000% immune???

i'm afraid it's not quite as simple as you make it sound. you will have to wear a disguise to each appointment, so they don't know it's you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dead mall, administered in a dead H&M.
Wife and I got our first shots of Moderna here in Florida on Monday. This week is the first week that vaccines were opened up to 18+ and it was a ton of young people. Of course since we all wanted to be there everyone was doing everything correct, social distancing, mask compliance. The staff were super nice, everyhting was exceptionally organized. We were in and out in 25~ minutes including the 15 minutes they have you in the observation zone. Which was in a big seperate room with EMTs sitting in the center at a table, watching everyone. We had a nice lady nurse do the vaccine, and if you show up with someone else they treat you both at the same time which was cool. Now we just wait for our second shot.

Both my wife and I suspect we might have had covid in December of 2019 just because it was an exceptional flu and both of us got it at the same time and we never get sick at the same time, we've been together 15 years.

The shot itself was less painful than a flu shot, but an hour later we both felt like we got punched in the arm really hard. Later still we had lots of pain just moving our arm, lifting it above our head or putting any pressure on it. We both slept well, really well in fact. We both slept longer than we normally would. This morning our arms hurt a lot less. Both of us have a general malaise about us though, no pain but it feels like I've worked all day and haven't had a chance to sit down yet, but all I've done is sit around and do jack poo poo. Appetites are fine, besides the slight tired fogginess we are both good. Guessing tomorrow we'll both feel very close to 100%.

Get the vaccine if you can, it owns. Turns out I've been carrying a lot of anxiety that I didn't know about till it went away after I got poked because it's going away.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Play posted:

Do you have a reason for saying gently caress Moderna? Apparently we might get to choose between all three but I don't know which one is best. I already decided on a two parter with Pfizer or Moderna but comparing them is difficult. Probably there isn't really much difference at all but I still find myself thinking about it
Nah just a personal opinion from very limited experience with the company. I'm sure it's fine. I'd still probably pick Pfizer after their success in Israel but I honestly checked out on following the science too long ago to have any valid advice. I personally wanted the alpaca vaccine.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Scheduled for my first shot next week. I'm kinda "nervous" despite being a science lover and knowing it's fine. I just want some loving taste of normalcy.

It's not like I haven't ingested worse chemicals in the name of a fun evening over the years.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
J&J today. I'll upload a trip report tomorrow.

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results
First jab a couple of weeks ago. Second jab a week from this Friday.

Get the jab you can get. Trust me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Got my J&J on Sunday, have been mostly either asleep or wanting to sleep ever since. Arm still hurts, also some mild cold symptoms. Annoying but not terribly concerning, could definitely be much worse.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The Walrus posted:

i cant loving believe the states is this far ahead of us in canada. trump and all. in the most populated city in the country and i have no idea when I'm getting one and neither does my immune suppressed sister that hasn't been able to leave her apartment for a year. stupid as gently caress.

You should send the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to raid the Pfizer production facility in Kalamazoo, Michigan if the Yanks still aint exporting.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
As a healthcare person I was in the first ~100,000 or so people to get the vax and I got my second one in January. 3 months out and I feel vastly less anxious about being out and doing things. I'm still not being especially public and I'm still masking up and all of that, but since the weather is warming and things are feeling at least a little more loosened up, I don't feel like I'm being irresponsible just for leaving the house or hanging around anywhere for more than a few minutes. I live across the country from my family and I can't wait to see them again, since it's been over 2 years at this point.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Heath posted:

I live across the country from my family and I can't wait to see them again, since it's been over 2 years at this point.

Wow! That's a lot. Must've been rough. I've seen my family, maybe not as much as normal but we've taken what precautions we can and I've stopped by a few times. All of us managed to avoid it and now it's just myself, my girlfriend and my sister that still need the vaccination. Victory!

Anyways hope your can see your family soon. At this rate I feel like it shouldn't be more than a handful of months until we're nearly back to normal

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I hope so. My parents have both got theirs so it shouldn't be much longer. They were supposed to come out to see me last summer and they're both immunocompromised (my mom had cancer and my dad just has every risk factor on the list) so it just wasn't in the cards.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

First dose of Moderna on April 2nd in Red Hell North Texas. The little county hospital down the road from me is trying to get shots in the arms of anyone they can (any DFW goons, drive up to Clay Cty hospital in Henrietta, they've had shots available for anyone since they came out... the hospital is a vaccine hub and they're just trying to use up their shipments as they come in). Signed up for V-Safe, too, so the gov't can track me. Lots of arm pain for a couple days, but no biggie. Light headache and fatigue day one. Fuckin' give me that poo poo -- a good healthy immune response. Moderna provides 80% efficacy 2 weeks out from first dose, compared to 60ish% Pfizer after first dose (both around 95% two weeks after 2nd dose). Shoot that poo poo in my eyes, make me invincible, fuckin' love it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Morning after the J&J, injection site's still sore, and my calves have been pretty sore but ibuprofen has lessened it. Body feels a bit warm but not too terrible otherwise.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

First Pfizer shot on 3/25 @ State Farm Stadium, second is next Friday. Maybe I'll be able to see Black Widow for less than $30 after all....checks prices, poo poo.

I really want a Navajo Frybread taco, but my taste buds are still on the fritz and beer tastes brown with an aftertaste of sadness.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Ninurta posted:

Navajo Frybread taco

Dammit, I thought I was going to bed not hungry tonight. Thanks, :mad:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I think I got lucky, 2 days after j&j, no side effects still. That half day of a stuffy nose was it.

Maybe they just shot me up with sprite

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I got my second Moderna jab on Sunday afternoon. I was fine until I woke up with gnarly fever chills at about 3 am Monday morning. Much of the day Monday was spent with body/headaches, some nausea, and lots of fatigue. I had taken the day off from work and planned to spend it watching movies while I recovered, but I didn't even have the energy to watch a 90-minute movie in anything but 30-minute chunks :buddy:. Mostly I slept, and wished I was sleeping when I wasn't. Wifezwang and I have been together almost 11 years and she doesn't remember ever seeing me this sick. Part of this is likely because I didn't take any meds out of fear of them blunting the immune response, but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday was a lot better but still lousy. Today is looking good.

I'd still totally do it again, if my options are this or risk having a virus make my lung tissue as useless for oxygenation as drywall.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Feeling mildly like garbage now because I've been doing manual labor for the last 4 hours, occasional twangs of muscle pain. Still don't regret just getting this over with

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Update, feel like rear end, gonna blast some ibuprofen and monster energy to get through the last couple hours of work, told my manager I'll probably call off tomorrow

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Just got the first Pfizer jab at a Walgreens. Waiting out the 15 minutes while the nanobots send my information to Soros and Gates.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
2nd shots on Saturday although I just survived my Roni bout after getting the first shot. Gonna be super vaccinated Derpies and I'm gonna go insane on Brunches.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

just got the J&J needle 20 minutes ago.

arm burns like hell

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

big trivia FAIL posted:

just got the J&J needle 20 minutes ago.

arm burns like hell

it def hit the hardest when injected of any shot i've had..that was weird. didnt expect to feel like i got punched for five minutes..but that didnt last long

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

zer0spunk posted:

it def hit the hardest when injected of any shot i've had..that was weird. didnt expect to feel like i got punched for five minutes..but that didnt last long

couple of years ago i had a penicillin shot and it was the absolute worst. felt like glue going in and burning the whole time.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

big trivia FAIL posted:

couple of years ago i had a penicillin shot and it was the absolute worst. felt like glue going in and burning the whole time.

well now i'm happy i'm allergic to that so i'll never know (jesus i hope not)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Pfizer shot #1 tomorrow at 2pm. I have never been so excited for a vaccination in my life.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hey another day in Canada with no idea when I'm getting my shot, while I see people in god damned florida lining up. my government hosed this up so badly, all winter I've been 'well yeah their management isn't great but there's a lot of moving pieces and I'm sure they're doing the best they can from a big picture perspective' but no, actually, they're loving it up, they're dumb as poo poo, and people are dying because of it. good stuff.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's ok the most important voting demographic got their vax :thumbsup:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Pfizer shot #1 tomorrow at 2pm. I have never been so excited for a vaccination in my life.

It was a huge relief to get vaccinated. That surprised me.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Walrus posted:

hey another day in Canada with no idea when I'm getting my shot, while I see people in god damned florida lining up. my government hosed this up so badly, all winter I've been 'well yeah their management isn't great but there's a lot of moving pieces and I'm sure they're doing the best they can from a big picture perspective' but no, actually, they're loving it up, they're dumb as poo poo, and people are dying because of it. good stuff.
yah its super disappointing lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Walrus posted:

numberoneposter posted:

yah its super disappointing lol

There is absolutely no reason the failed state of USA should be this far ahead of Europe when it comes to vaccinating their population. I know why, and because I'm here I'm glad of it, but it's such a dramatic swing from where we were a year ago. I have friends in Canada that I'd love to be able to send vaccines to :(

Day three with Moderna's first shot: Completely fine, no symptoms of any kind. :toot:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
How far are people traveling to get their shots? There's nothing available within 100 miles for me.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

th3t00t posted:

How far are people traveling to get their shots? There's nothing available within 100 miles for me.

For weeks in Western PA I couldn't find jack poo poo within 500 miles. In the last 3 weeks it's improved incredibly and I was able to get mine within 20 miles of my house.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

th3t00t posted:

About 20 miles away or so. We were prepared to travel to some weird godforsaken Walmart in the middle of some part of the state I had never heard of that was ~2 and 1/2 hours away or so but thankfully we were able to find something closer before the date came.

Seriously if you need a vaccine, go to the Walmart in Oakland Maryland. They always seem to have appointments available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

A Fancy Hat posted:

For weeks in Western PA I couldn't find jack poo poo within 500 miles. In the last 3 weeks it's improved incredibly and I was able to get mine within 20 miles of my house.
I just signed up. 100 miles away in the city my parents live in so I can recover at their house. First dose may 30th, 2nd dose june 20th. I've been checking and the availability and wait time has been getting worse here in WNY.

If I was willing to drive 200 miles I could book an appointment for next week. Except I don't have anywhere to stay in that town.