Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This was a nice, short read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

This is really good.

I want the body Chiaki had before he had his surgery but goddamn do I relate to that sort of dysphoria and need for family acceptance.

Why can't there be like a venmo for body parts. Just have trans mascs and trans femmes swap the parts they don't want for the ones they do.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know convo on WEP has come and gone, and while I thought it was a mostly good-to-great show, it's not a show you can recommend all willy-nilly. Like at times it got difficult to legit continue watching.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 3, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ooooof. This was great, but quite difficult to read at times.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i will not play black survival snooze

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora posted:

i will not play black survival snooze

sob sob, i hate you, sob sob

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

its geniuely a crime this game has women who look like this and not enough fan artists drawing them kissing :pien:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i barely like playing dota and the rest of the game is getting the mats so your char is good at fights

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean i don't like dota or any other moba stuff besides this.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snooze Cruise posted:

sob sob, i hate you, sob sob

I won't play, but I'll still appreciate the good character designs as a secondary.

I even had an old Av based on some fanart

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

renessia posted:

I don't think there's anything ambiguous about a girl yelling "i'm a girl!" and ripping her shirt open to reveal a trans flag bra and later wearing The Trans Jacket :p

but, case in point! many people take away many different things from the show. just try your best to do a charitable read if you give it a shot.

I was considerably less positive on that bit because my read on it was that all of that stuff wasn't literally depicting Momoe as trans but was attempting to equate the struggles of a probably-straight cis girl who's frustrated that girls keep crushing on her with those of a trans boy facing corrective rape. there's too much stuff from earlier episodes that doesn't really fit with Momoe being trans, and tbh the whole "handsome girl at an all-girls' school who gets treated as a substitute for a boy" archetype being used unexamined for her would be pretty weird if she is meant to be trans

and I really was trying to be charitable to the show but at some point all the times it hit a wrong note built up to a point where it was hard to do that any more

so uh yeah, if you're gonna watch Wonder Egg Priority i'd recommend going in with an awareness that a lot of people found that the first few episodes were really strong but that it gradually started to fall apart after that

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 3, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

renessia posted:

I don't think there's anything ambiguous about a girl yelling "i'm a girl!" and ripping her shirt open to reveal a trans flag bra and later wearing The Trans Jacket :p

but, case in point! many people take away many different things from the show. just try your best to do a charitable read if you give it a shot.

Was Momoe trans? I thought she was a CIS girl who wasn't traditionally beautiful and got called "handsome" which really bummed her out.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gonna be honest another thing i learned from the wep guy's trans manga is that he is very bad at coherent, nuanced messaging and symbolism at the best of times

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 4, 2021

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Thuryl posted:

I was considerably less positive on that bit because my read on it was that all of that stuff wasn't literally depicting Momoe as trans but was attempting to equate the struggles of a probably-straight cis girl who's frustrated that girls keep crushing on her with those of a trans boy facing corrective rape. there's too much stuff from earlier episodes that doesn't really fit with Momoe being trans, and tbh the whole "handsome girl at an all-girls' school who gets treated as a substitute for a boy" archetype being used unexamined for her would be pretty weird if she is meant to be trans

and I really was trying to be charitable to the show but at some point all the times it hit a wrong note built up to a point where it was hard to do that any more

so uh yeah, if you're gonna watch Wonder Egg Priority i'd recommend going in with an awareness that a lot of people found that the first few episodes were really strong but that it gradually started to fall apart after that

yeah this was my take too

i get why people at first interpreted her as possibly trans because the show was very vague about what her deal actually was at first but as it went on that interpretation increasingly made no sense to me

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Snooze Cruise posted:

i don't think i posted this one here before, motorcyle lesbians

given that mangadex is down,,, is there another source for this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kill_switch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
alchol boobies

e: iffy panel with dubcon imagery

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 7, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Despite being subject to sexual harassment from the moment she was first made aware, the robot firmly asserts her sense of body autonomy against her abusive creator. A good cartoon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why must we complicate a straight forward sadomachoism work, can't we just be happy for the scientist lady who likes boobs and being a sub

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While it's totally within your right to enjoy any number of manga about a wide variety of non-consensual acts, I don't think making a sarcastic remark about dropping them unmarked in a thread that isn't specifically about those kinds of fetish subjects is out of line.

Maybe it makes me a tiresome killjoy but she's pleading someone who's forcibly stripping her to stop, would it kill you to at least mention that's the kind of thing it is since the tags on dynasty don't?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 7, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
weh... sigh...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

weh... sigh...

This doesn't really address my point.

If you want to complain about me being an SJW or debate what constitutes sexual assault knock yourself out, I'm just asking you to put "cw: sexual assault" or something.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 7, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im not a man

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
to be serious the one panel's imagery can be seen poorly fairly but the way you are putting this feels very disingeous

e:

Acerbatus posted:

If you want to complain about me being an SJW or debate what constitutes sexual assault knock yourself out

christ...

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 7, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

im not a man

Sorry, that's what I default to and I have corrected it.

Snooze Cruise posted:

to be serious the one panel's imagery can be seen poorly fairly but the way you are putting this feels very disingeous
christ...

To be serious on my part, I don't really expect that level of consideration on 99% of the internet but the way SA's culture is I don't think it's really a big ask. I'm genuinely glad that you can enjoy something like that as being light hearted fun, but for a lot of us it's not possible. Just would be nice if you could make mention of that stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i guess the smarter move would be to immediately edit the post so there wouldn't be ammo, but im tired and was thinking of a way to put it. i dunno i just feel kinda gross because i can't tell if you really care about this or just see this as a good excuse to put blood in the water, since you have a history of this.

i should edit my previous post so my christ clearly reflects me saying that in reponse to the other stuff

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 7, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can just say 'hey can you put a warning on that' without being a little creep, lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

If you want to complain about me being an SJW or debate what constitutes sexual assault knock yourself out, I'm just asking you to put "cw: sexual assault" or something.
like why on earth would you default to, this, in a thread about lgbt issues where everyone's mostly been pretty chill. like what do you get out of immediately jumping down someone's throat. how do you know the person you're yelling at isnt a victim of sexual assault and having poo poo like this thrown at them is way worse than reading a manga with some iffy sex jokes, or has known people who were hurt by that poo poo, or whatever. why are you like this. the world isn't your enemy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also is literally one panel of 'strip' 'iyaaa knock it off~' in a sex comedy manga with five pages,

quote:

While it's totally within your right to enjoy any number of manga about a wide variety of non-consensual acts, I don't think making a sarcastic remark about dropping them unmarked in a thread that isn't specifically about those kinds of fetish subjects is out of line.

this? because uh, its kinda not, and you exaggerating it to this degree just to harass someone and basically tell them they don't care about sexual assault/are a terrible rightwinger if they don't agree with your weird take, is way worse, than not warning for that, lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think we should just move on, i edit the post and there isn't really anything to be resolved. Acerbatus will keep on Acerbatus-ing and this time had something legitmate so continuing this is just going to be unpleasant for the whole thread.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think we should just move on, i edit the post and there isn't really anything to be resolved. Acerbatus will keep on Acerbatus-ing and this time they had something legitmate to use so continuing this is just going to be unpleasant for the whole thread.
define 'legitimate' but whatever, its just frustrating seeing poo poo that affected me deeply used as ammo for whatever dumb poo poo acerbatus likes to pull

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the imagery of that panel is dubcon, its a legimate concern and i can see others in this thread objecting to it

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

the imagery of that panel is dubcon, its a legimate concern that i can see others in this thread objecting to

Regardless of what intent you think I have behind it, I appreciate it nevertheless. :)

Endorph posted:

define 'legitimate' but whatever, its just frustrating seeing poo poo that affected me deeply used as ammo for whatever dumb poo poo acerbatus likes to pull

You know, I've specifically told you in detail about the sexual assault I've been subject to so I don't appreciate you saying it's just being "used as ammo".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

You know, I've specifically told you in detail about the sexual assault I've been subject to so I don't appreciate you saying it's just being "used as ammo".
i literally didnt know who you were

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is why i "weh" and "sigh" earlier because i had a premention it was going to turn into something like this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Let us remember this classic by Takemiya Jin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sora & Haena keeps on keeping on being good, despite being a standard high school setting work. solid excution and fun characters.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 7, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
crap I keep forgetting to sub/buy that. Which service is it on 'officially' again?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its 'offically' on two places actually, but lezhin only goes up to 16, tapas is getting new updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ah yes thats it. tyty