Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dawgstar posted:

And still to a Blink 182 song.

Sum 41, but yes. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope they do one more Godzilla movie with Destoroyah. Kong and Mothra team up with Godzilla, Godzilla dies and Kong absorbs his energy and goes Super Saiyan Blue

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There should be 2 heads left so the baddies can make a Super MechaGhidora with a cyberhead that is also a flying tank that turns into the CYBERCOMMAND HEAD

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

There should be 2 heads left so the baddies can make a Super MechaGhidora with a cyberhead that is also a flying tank that turns into the CYBERCOMMAND HEAD

1 head. Godzilla ate one of the 4, 1 was in the facility, and 1 was in MGs head.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla very completely atomizes Ghidorah in Boston. The skull in the facility is the one Godzilla rips apart (and Charles Dance later buys, to sell). I don’t believe there actually was a skull in Mecha G, it was just being used as a conduit to control it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they need one skull at base and one skull in the mech to use the Ghidorah telepathy as a control mechanism

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Edit: double post

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think they need one skull at base and one skull in the mech to use the Ghidorah telepathy as a control mechanism
That's exactly what the Infodump Guy guesses at. It transmits the pilot commands remotely.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It shoulda been a brain in a jar.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am still waiting for monsterverse Godzilla to do this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish they would have went bonkers with the Godzilla from the opening with the glowing scales to be the MechaG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZsV7T5o2E

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Cool monsters elbow dropping each other and goons being goons half the thread is trying to calculate insurance premiums, I swear to god, what is this a Superman movie by Zach Snyder?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have found something more annoying than the fanbase of HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Christopher Reeve Superman fanatics who will not let go of that era.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They can hang out with the Batman 66 loyalists and talk about when young people used to have gumption.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I have found something more annoying than the fanbase of HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Look I'm not gonna creepily search anybody's post history but I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of those in this very thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Look I'm not gonna creepily search anybody's post history but I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of those in this very thread.

I had a series of customers who were absolutely certain that Reeve's face had been inserted into HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED's first DC film throughout the run time. These guys are lunatics.

The Zimmer score is also better.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I had a series of customers who were absolutely certain that Reeve's face had been inserted into HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED's first DC film throughout the run time.

Ok that's a little far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lurdiak posted:

The pilot was the brain

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Lurdiak posted:

The pilot was the brain

the skull was the jar

wait, poo poo, that's just how heads work innit

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I wanted to make a joke about Bryan Singer but it would be extremely outdated. Just like his Superman movie was.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Madkal posted:

I wanted to make a joke about Bryan Singer but it would be extremely outdated. Just like his Superman movie was.

Incredibly cursed movie both behind and in front of the camera.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again. I think the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie is as close to perfect as we will ever get for a live-action Superman movie.

I say this as someone who has watched almost half of all live-action Superman movies. I don't know if I'm going into fanatic territory though. I just look back very fondly at Reeve's portrayal of both Superman and Clark Kent in that first movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite Reeve film is Superman III

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like Reeve in the role but his and a couple other performances (Stamp, in particular) are the only good things about those movies. I don't see how anyone can take things like the "can you read my mind" flying scene seriously at all.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the sequence from where Superman saves the helicopter to when Superman saves Air Force One is great except Superman doesn't immediately turn around and banish the mom who slaps her daughter for lying to the Phantom Zone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reeve I think had the advantage that his Lois Lane got to have a ton more personality rather than Lois is allowed to have in most things these days. That added a lot of energy to the movie and the charisma between the two of them was significantly better than in any of the following live action adaptations. Amy Adams and Henry Caville are both good actors and absurdly unreasonably good looking but they really don't have much spark whereas the original film basically lived and died on that relationship.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yep, a lot of the flaws and ridiculousness of the Reeves movies can be forgiven for the performances the cast gave and the charm they had on screen. Superman spinning the earth backwards to reverse time or remove memories with a kiss? Whatever, give me more Gene Hackman :allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sanschel posted:

Yep, a lot of the flaws and ridiculousness of the Reeves movies can be forgiven for the performances the cast gave and the charm they had on screen. Superman spinning the earth backwards to reverse time or remove memories with a kiss? Whatever, give me more Gene Hackman :allears:

I'm glad Jon Cryer got the glowup to be Lex himself on Supergirl.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

My favorite Reeve film is Superman III

I am also of this persuasion.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CapnAndy posted:

loving Godzilla Disease, it's why I'm still only mildly hyped for Godzilla vs. Kong. King of the Monsters was awesome when it was about Godzilla and Ghidorah having giant loving monster fights, but every five minutes of that they felt the need to cut away to some dumbshit humans doing stupid human poo poo for twenty minutes.
HOLY poo poo LOOK AT ME LOOK HOW loving SMART I AM

Godzilla vs. Kong sucked out loud. Great monster fighting; shame about the dumbshit humans doing stupid human poo poo taking up 85% of the runtime. In fairness, I did like the bit where the Star Tours ride vehicles flew around Hollow Earth, that bit was neat too. (And seriously, if Universal isn't already bidding for the rights to make that ride, what the gently caress are they even in business for. It's the biggest layup I've ever seen.)

Popcorn chat: I tried the Alton Brown method of throwing everything into the pot (I didn't have a metal bowl big enough) and covering it with punctured tin foil rather than the pot lid. It worked great and was actually quicker than lidding the pot and waiting for the oil to boil before adding the other ingredients, so I super recommend that. Also I want to note that when I wrote down the recipe I wrote two cups of popcorn; that's too much, I was misremembering. One cup is fine. Two is enough to serve a family of four and is going to overflow most cooking vessels.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really don't understand how it is that twenty-first century movies saddled the goddamn Lois Lane with a soft-spoken Type-B personality...twice. Meanwhile TV casting would hit it out of the park three loving times in a row.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cool monsters elbow dropping each other and goons being goons half the thread is trying to calculate insurance premiums, I swear to god, what is this a Superman movie by Zach Snyder?

It's goony goon goon to not like a movie. Cringe epic fail to engage in movie criticism. The virgin opinion haver vs the chad mindless consumer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Cringe epic fail to engage in movie criticism.

This one is true.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I would not have thought about the Hong Kong collateral damage at all if they had not inexplicably shown there were people still in office buildings hours after Godzilla walked into the middle of the city and shot a hole into the Earth and a literal kaiju alarm having been set off.

and while this is more of me being a hyper nerd it stands out because Legendary Godzilla usually isn't big on causing collateral damage that wasn't already started by the monster he's fighting so it just feels weirdly incongruent with the other movies and their excuses feel as flimsy as the rest of the set-up.

Basically just make a better kaiju movie and I won't have to worry about it so much

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

BrianWilly posted:

I really don't understand how it is that twenty-first century movies saddled the goddamn Lois Lane with a soft-spoken Type-B personality...twice. Meanwhile TV casting would hit it out of the park three loving times in a row.

It really is crazy how many of the 90s DC Animated casting choices were just completely spot-on perfect for the characters. Dana Delany’s Lois is right up there with Conroy’s Batman and Hamill’s Joker, and nothing has come close since (although tbcf I haven’t seen Superman & Lois yet).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hell, the FLEISCHER Superman cartoons had Lois as an active reporter, sneaking around, not taking poo poo from anyone. She's the one that sneaks aboard the giant bomber and lets everyone know the Japanese Spys are stealing it in that one with the very racist name.

I was thinking which was worse, Martha Kent being Martian Manhunter or the Thirsty joke from Whedons?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It'd be better if Superman was gay and had a boyfriend

Or multiple boyfriends, like a harem

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really like DCEU Amy Adams Lois. She figures out Clark is Superman before Clark does, tracks him down by pursuit leads, she's goes badass on kryptonians in their ship and takes out a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CapnAndy posted:

Popcorn chat: I tried the Alton Brown method of throwing everything into the pot (I didn't have a metal bowl big enough) and covering it with punctured tin foil rather than the pot lid. It worked great and was actually quicker than lidding the pot and waiting for the oil to boil before adding the other ingredients, so I super recommend that. Also I want to note that when I wrote down the recipe I wrote two cups of popcorn; that's too much, I was misremembering. One cup is fine. Two is enough to serve a family of four and is going to overflow most cooking vessels.

I told my wife about this and she's like, no way in gently caress are you doing 2 cups of popcorn! :lol:

Blockhouse posted:

I would not have thought about the Hong Kong collateral damage at all if they had not inexplicably shown there were people still in office buildings hours after Godzilla walked into the middle of the city and shot a hole into the Earth and a literal kaiju alarm having been set off.

and while this is more of me being a hyper nerd it stands out because Legendary Godzilla usually isn't big on causing collateral damage that wasn't already started by the monster he's fighting so it just feels weirdly incongruent with the other movies and their excuses feel as flimsy as the rest of the set-up.

Basically just make a better kaiju movie and I won't have to worry about it so much

Did you watch Shin? People die. It's what happens when a monster shows up. Be happy they didn't really go this far in GvK though, hehe.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 7, 2021