Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
metal boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Get Gore Verbinski to direct and make sets :newlol:

But on the other hand it should have the energy of like Sam Raimi horror scene

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
If Army of the Dead is a hit and Snyder made two of the biggest streaming hits of the year theres absolutely going to be a huge bidding war over an exclusive streaming deal with him.

Netflix is already over the moon with the AotD IP and I can't imagine AT&T is ignoring the possibility of losing a huge draw to HBO Max.

I really hope he makes that small low budget drama he spoke about in an interview recently, before doing any other big budget action films.

"Zack Snyder" posted:

I’m trying to put together this movie called “Horse Latitudes,” a super-microbudget movie that I’m going to go shoot with my buddies in South America. It’s about a man’s journey into his past and how does death shape you? Am I ready to make a movie like that? I think so.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 7, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AccountSupervisor posted:

If Army of the Dead is a hit and Snyder made two of the biggest streaming hits of the year theres absolutely going to be a huge bidding war over an exclusive streaming deal with him.

Netflix is already over the moon with the AotD IP and I can't imagine AT&T is ignoring the possibility of losing a huge draw to HBO Max.

I really hope he makes that small low budget drama he spoke about in an interview recently, before doing any other big budget action films.

Netflix just doled out a $100 million payday to Rian Johnson for his Knives Out sequels, lending him carte blanche over the creative process of the movies as well. I'd imagine Snyder seeing that and peace-ing the gently caress out of WB's stable lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It might not be 100 million if he has to pay for marketing

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

euphronius posted:

Why would he?

THR posted:

But on March 31, in a twist worthy of Agatha Christie, came the reveal that Lionsgate would not be releasing the sequel at all. Instead, two sequels would be made by Netflix, which inked a dagger-driving $469 million deal with Johnson and his producing partner at T-Street, Ram Bergman, both of whom are represented by CAA.

Deal points were noteworthy: The pact gave Johnson immense creative control, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. He doesn’t have to take notes from the streamer. The only contingencies were that Craig must star in the sequels and that each must have at least the budget of the 2019 movie, which was in the $40 million range. Sources say that Johnson, Bergman and Craig stand to walk away with upward of $100 million each.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...view_id=4161957

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

euphronius posted:

That's his payday. The actual money for the films was a few hundred million more than that.

Basically, Netflix has no idea how much anything costs.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

teagone posted:

Netflix just doled out a $100 million payday to Rian Johnson for his Knives Out sequels, lending him carte blanche over the creative process of the movies as well. I'd imagine Snyder seeing that and peace-ing the gently caress out of WB's stable lol.

If WB offers him nothing less than total creative oversight ala Fiege, hes definitely taking that sweet Netflix dough.

No way is he putting up with WBs poo poo anymore which is exactly why it'll take AT&Ts pressure to get them to cave, they are terrified of giving away that general DC oversight to him. Its either muddying their current plans or its in direct competition.

Plus, someone like Fiege doesnt direct or write anything, so Disney has a more amicable relationship with him from a business standpoint. Its practically a miracle Nolan got his chance at that much creative control. Then he started to resemble Fiege in a sense and DC totally skitted and ignored his input and foundation when they started getting cold feet.

Their attempt to simultaneously differ themselves from Marvel creatively and chase the MCU formula and success led to this dragged out, miserable stalemate thats just made their "cinematic universe" feel fractured and awkward.

Say what you want about your opinion of Snyders DC films, I think its undeniable that if they would have released a roughly 3hr cut of this in theaters it would have put them in a better place to either dive in or start to pivot from the trajectory. Theyve been zigzagging for 4 years with a roller-coaster of box office takes. I think he left them a pretty good open slate, especially considering there would have certainly been some changes leaving it more open and not having so much of the clearly indulgent sequel baits. Snyder has been open about how many varying 2hr+ cuts he showed them.

Its all so annoying to watch this drama unfold because nobody can just say out loud the god honest truth for a multitude of personal and business reasons. Except for Ray, it rules.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 7, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AccountSupervisor posted:

If WB offers him nothing less than total creative oversight ala Fiege, hes definitely taking that sweet Netflix dough.
Warner Media/ATT will have to break WB Pictures over their knees like Bane to get them to commit to more snydercinema, I feel.

In a certain way, I'm hoping Fisher's lingering spotlight will get them to clean house.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

WB was the main character on Twitter today, they can't be happy.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Snowman_McK posted:

That's his payday. The actual money for the films was a few hundred million more than that.

Basically, Netflix has no idea how much anything costs.

It's one murder mystery, Michael. What could it cost, 469 million dollars?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's loving hilarious how they throw out some news about a live action Frosty movie every time they're Twitter's main character.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's loving hilarious how they throw out some news about a live action Frosty movie every time they're Twitter's main character.

After getting dragged like this, if the named ones from that article stick around, they're gonna make that movie, maybe not with momoa, but with someone. I can see Johns saying he got script notes from Key & Peele.

https://youtu.be/efiW2K8gASM

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

teagone posted:

Part of me just wants Snyder to walk away from the cape poo poo genre completely and start adapting :twisted: A N I M E :twisted:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a reason the Death of Superman is basically only adapted as 'Superman dies, possibly to Doomsday' and absolutely nothing else about the storyline is used aside maybe from an imposter Superman showing up. (Steel is quite liked, though)

Eh...you can convert almost wholesale and make it good. The only change I would make is to change the heroes that Doomsday curbstomps before running into Superman from c listers to big name heroes like Wonder Woman.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I get the appeal of a big budget big studio auteur director WH40k blockbuster, but honestly I think such a film would be better served by being produced in the style of like, late 80's Red Dwarf.

If the giant pauldrons aren't clearly stray-painted PVC pipe then what's the point?

well why not posted:

Yes but with the caveat that they use something like WETA's MASSIVE for huge crowd fights. The sets themselves should look like, at best, Escape from NY.

Warhammer Fantasy would be better. They have the better antagonists.

Tomb Kings are better than Necrons.
Skaven, Lizardmen and Vampires are way more interesting than the Tyrannids.

Chaos & Orks are about the same.

Also, I want an all Old World cast speaking German (Holy Empire of Sigmar), French (Brettonian), Russian (Kislevarian), etc.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

2house2fly posted:

It's one murder mystery, Michael. What could it cost, 469 million dollars?

I can't even imagine what an actual 469 million dollar movie might look like.

Well, Avengers Endgame, I guess, but hopefully better than that

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Snowman_McK posted:

Well, Avengers Endgame, I guess, but hopefully better than that

Amazing Spider-Man 2.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Snowman_McK posted:

Old Hollywood Epic like the 10 Commandments. But they build actual pyramids and have actual people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It seems like a fair price to me . Snyder would probably want even more for two movies.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

that's just Sucker Punch again, but this time Oscar Isaac is a cute animal mascot

... i'm on board

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

Eh...you can convert almost wholesale and make it good. The only change I would make is to change the heroes that Doomsday curbstomps before running into Superman from c listers to big name heroes like Wonder Woman.

How dare you rob me of seeing Justice League: Detroit getting absolutely demolished. Also Superboy with a leather jacket and goofy rear end 90's glasses.

What I'm saying is adapt Death and Return as is and I'll watch that poo poo. Mullet and all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

They actually more or less did that with the second time they animated that story for their animated movie universe stuff. It keeps a lot of good stuff from the basic structure of the story without being boggled down in a lot of pointless 90s comic continuity.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-snyder-whedon-transition-affleck/

quote:

Ultimately, Deborah Snyder told reporters, she hopes that fans aren't thinking about the behind-the-scenes process when watching Justice League, and instead focus on seeing these DC superheroes together in live-action for the first time.

"Our feeling is that we’re hoping that people aren’t thinking about how the movie was made when they go to see it, because these characters are bigger than any director," Deborah Snyder said. "They’re bigger than any of us. We love and adore these characters, and we love and adore all these people here," referring to the film's cast.
With everything that has come out, the interviews from 2017 are all depressing and hosed up.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Deborah is too good for this industry.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Srice posted:

without being boggled down in a lot of pointless 90s comic continuity.
But how else will I find out THE TERRYBLE SECRET OF BLOODWYND

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FilthyImp posted:

But how else will I find out THE TERRYBLE SECRET OF BLOODWYND

It's too xtreme to reveal!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/zuza_real/status/1379903294596861963

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Solid twitter person find
https://twitter.com/zuza_real/status/1379574043683196930

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1380214020234473473?s=19

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lotta good stuff in there but I wooted at this:

quote:

Can you point at something specific that you are glad gets a showcase in the new version?

Willem Dafoe’s performance in the Aquaman story.

Hell yeah.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

quote:

Without sounding too political, it’s not lost on me that much like a drone, Superman sort of comes from out of nowhere from the sky and vanquishes his enemies and then flies off with no consequences. That may not have been an angle on Superman that people wanted to see and wanted to think about.

Fair enough.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
There's an awful lot of consequences of that act in the film??

Good interview, but Terrio seems to still give too much credit to the haters

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PetBhmqw98

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Get his rear end Terrio.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fisher and Terrio tearing down WB gives me life.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Super duper amazing to see the creative process broken down like this.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

teagone posted:

Where's the Predator handshake painting?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Violator posted:

Super duper amazing to see the creative process broken down like this.

Imagine hearing that theme and still wanting Cyborg to say "booyah" in the film because that's what the cartoon does.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Where's the Predator handshake painting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

teagone posted:

I think I've gone most of my life liking Hollywood creatives for their work, but between Fisher, Terrio, and Snyder, I think I like them as people.