Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stairmaster posted:

its in here at the end when shes getting drunk good luck goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t55zz84TuS4

e: right after I said that i found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t55zz84TuS4&t=14065s

Lol good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Mister Facetious posted:

"A Centaur's Life" ep. 1: off to a good start!

And then it went full ecchi in ep 2.

usually i would define ecchi as something that's supposed to get you going, and not the episode of centaurs life where they go to the mermaid school for a cultural exchange visit and the sign at the entrance says "no littering: violators will be shot" and they pass armed soldiers on the way in. but horny is subjective.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Space Flower posted:

usually i would define ecchi as something that's supposed to get you going, and not the episode of centaurs life where they go to the mermaid school for a cultural exchange visit and the sign at the entrance says "no littering: violators will be shot" and they pass armed soldiers on the way in. but horny is subjective.

I generally include any show where they're grabbing boobs and sneaking looks at another's genitals as ecchi. "Socially inappropriate behaviour of a sexual nature".

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you labeled every anime that gives the floor to a sexual joke for 10 seconds 'full ecchi' the term would lose all meaning, i think.

pretty good boob-grabbing gag as far as those go, since the girl getting groped just smacks her and turns to a third girl and goes "hey, isn't she dating you? rein your girlfriend in!"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Space Flower posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
man zambot 3 is nuts

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

"A Centaur's Life" ep. 1: off to a good start!

And then it went full ecchi in ep 2.

Space Flower posted:

The anime and manga goes to some really out there places. There's a level of Politically Correct treatment that borders on parody. Like you're not allowed to say racist remarks in public or else you get arrested.

Then there's the weird alien subplot and the jungle revolution subplot and the entire deal with the Antarcticans.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

I am watching Akudama Drive on Funimation. Seems like whenever someone's head gets cut off they black out part of the screen. Is that a censor, or are they hiding the fact that everyone's secretly a robot?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

The anime and manga goes to some really out there places. There's a level of Politically Correct treatment that borders on parody. Like you're not allowed to say racist remarks in public or else you get arrested.

I love the part in history class where because (theoretical) humans descended from four legged creatures would have so few differences based on appearance, racism wouldn't be a thing amongst themselves. :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MagicAlex posted:

I am watching Akudama Drive on Funimation. Seems like whenever someone's head gets cut off they black out part of the screen. Is that a censor, or are they hiding the fact that everyone's secretly a robot?
japanese tv censorship's gotten stricter in the past decade or so. those tend to be removed on the blu-rays.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

jojo 6 is gonna get hosed with black splotches

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Thread title plz tia

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When I read/hear "splotch" this is the first thing I think about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98PSOb_T4Y

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

How was No Guns Life S2? I watched S1 and enjoyed it a decent amount but never got around to S2.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Season 2 was really good. If you liked season 1, then it’s definitely a recommended watch.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cool, I'll put it on my to-do list then. Shame it's a really long list...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

How was No Guns Life S2? I watched S1 and enjoyed it a decent amount but never got around to S2.
It's good. An overall improvement upon the 1st season!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/tm_yoivy/status/1379486966966706176

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a link to the sea of porcupines post?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Does anyone have a link to the sea of porcupines post?
yeah I got it right here
https://i.imgur.com/g6tG07Z.mp4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

oh i'd forgotten about that

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

El Burbo posted:

Grouchio loves spoilers so much he desires to be spoiled!
Correction: I love Re:Zero spoilers because I love Re:Zero so much and season 2 covered my favorite novel. I barely give a poo poo about most other anime spoilers because "Oh that's cool. These fans will have fun with that. Anyways..."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

El Burbo posted:

Not if it's airing at a later time! :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hasn't JoJo traditionally aired (on Fridays!) at the "22:00 - 27:00" broadcasting block but it still got censored to hell and back for the DVD/BD's and junk?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 5 was in a different timeslot apparently (but was still on Fridays)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Correction: I love Re:Zero spoilers because I love Re:Zero so much and season 2 covered my favorite novel. I barely give a poo poo about most other anime spoilers because "Oh that's cool. These fans will have fun with that. Anyways..."

sometimes I forget grouchio has only watched like three anime and barely e ngages with this hobby that he's based his entire identity around

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

get his rear end

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MangaDex/status/1379616290566983684

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

this whole situation is gonna finally turn me into a spreadsheet guy if/when MD comes back up

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:stare:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol I somehow forget every time that it was about Darling in the Franxx

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's not the same without sixty animated gifs

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

tomo-chan will heal the country's soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not the same without sixty animated gifs

the most hosed up thing is that this gif in their signature is a link... to an illusion of gaia song. why not yggdra...