Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The_Doctor posted:

Thanks! Those are some boring rear end figures.

I might've caught your comment unconsciously as I was scrolling on my phone, but goddamn you're right, those are some seriously underwhelming figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

Thanks! Those are some boring rear end figures.

Yeah I fully expect that entire wave to peg warm out the rear end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

Oh man, I just tallied up how many preorders I have for the next few months and I definitely need to cancel some stuff, probably most of the $800 worth of mythic legions on bbts :sweatdrop:

I had $450 from Amiami in April, but then a bomb went off and split that order all over the summer.

Edit: And immediately after posting that I check my email and see Mafex Spider-Gwen, the only remaining item in April, has also been delayed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Have a feeling Eternals and Shang-Chi are going to be boring duds. New Shang-Chi Legends have the same boring aesthetic as the Eternals wave.

Shang-Chi spoilers: https://marvelousnews.com/252-28408

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Have a feeling Eternals and Shang-Chi are going to be boring duds. New Shang-Chi Legends have the same boring aesthetic as the Eternals wave.

Shang-Chi spoilers: https://marvelousnews.com/252-28408
Yeah this Shang Chi itself is very boring to me compared to the comic version we had not that long ago in the Demogoblin wave. I feel like the most popular thing in the Eternals wave is people just want a figure of Kumail.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fritzler posted:

Yeah this Shang Chi itself is very boring to me compared to the comic version we had not that long ago in the Demogoblin wave. I feel like the most popular thing in the Eternals wave is people just want a figure of Kumail.

I may have Phastos for gay character solidarity.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I dig Shang-Chi’s outfit but I was kinda hoping for something a little funkier given the comic’s early 70s Kung-Fu origins. It’s not bad though, it’s more or less what you’d expect as a live-action adaptation of his modern outfit. It’s just a bit plain.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Maybe the movie will be like Game of Death and by the end he’s lost his shirt and gained a headband.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Does that Shang-Chi have butterfly joints? It doesn't look like he has them. He's looking like a real downgrade from the comics based version we got just recently but that's MCU figures for ya

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
BBTS put up a preorder for a very nice looking Biollante Godzilla this morning

My NECA one is nice but this feels like it'll have it beat.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Any other fans of Atlanta (the TV series)? Pretty soon we'll have 3/4 of the cast in 6" format:

Earn Marks (Donald Glover) -- Star Wars Black Series Lando Calrissian (Solo movie wave)
Van (Zazie Beetz) -- Marvel Legends Domino (Deadpool 2 movie wave)
Paper Boi (Brian Tyree Henry) -- Marvel Legends Phastos (Eternals movie wave)

And I feel like it is only a matter of time before Lakeith Stanfield appears in something where he gets an action figure made.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Got my shipping notification for the Mando and Child deluxe edition, says itll be here Wednesday!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there any discussion or chatter anywhere about the Spero Warriors line? I just saw TCP list them for preorder and they look good

https://www.thechosenprime.com/spero-studios.html?fbclid=IwAR2st4zdBrPCcxLG_zAkPCcKXf3CVQIk6N4FImfcLlVMf8SWy6M3lx9Q3as

And at under $40 per figure they're affordable!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Is there any discussion or chatter anywhere about the Spero Warriors line? I just saw TCP list them for preorder and they look good

https://www.thechosenprime.com/spero-studios.html?fbclid=IwAR2st4zdBrPCcxLG_zAkPCcKXf3CVQIk6N4FImfcLlVMf8SWy6M3lx9Q3as

And at under $40 per figure they're affordable!

It’s a Kickstarter line that is running right now, if you want to get the full details.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Any other fans of Atlanta (the TV series)? Pretty soon we'll have 3/4 of the cast in 6" format:

Earn Marks (Donald Glover) -- Star Wars Black Series Lando Calrissian (Solo movie wave)
Van (Zazie Beetz) -- Marvel Legends Domino (Deadpool 2 movie wave)
Paper Boi (Brian Tyree Henry) -- Marvel Legends Phastos (Eternals movie wave)

And I feel like it is only a matter of time before Lakeith Stanfield appears in something where he gets an action figure made.

I hadn't thought about it but that's awesome. I'm glad they're all getting bigger roles, Brian Tyree Henry is in the new Godzilla.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Having a quick look, it seems like there’s no Black Series ewoks other than Teebo? Is that right?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Having a quick look, it seems like there’s no Black Series ewoks other than Teebo? Is that right?

Also Paploo that came with the PulseCon Endor set last year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
IIRC, Yak Face said a Paploo single release would come eventually and Wicket will be coming either this year or next.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Snake Supreme cobra commander is definitely worth the wait.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
So with the new Suicide Squad trailer revealing Starro, I have an old 2010 SDCC Justice League Starro in good condition. Do you think the movie will cause it to spike in value?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jaxyon posted:

So with the new Suicide Squad trailer revealing Starro, I have an old 2010 SDCC Justice League Starro in good condition. Do you think the movie will cause it to spike in value?

Possibly but I'd wager McF is going to drop a SS wave with a BAF of that dude.

Got paid for some more TFs I sold so I shipped those and bought the PowerCon Slammurai/Snake set. That leaves a single 3 pack to track down and of course the only one for sale is $700. According to the checklist i have 170 remaining MOTUC pieces to buy including beats and vehicles. I'm watching about 30 on ebay that are all $50 and under loose on Ebay. There's a depressing number of them that are hitting $250+ loose.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Shiroc posted:

BBTS put up a preorder for a very nice looking Biollante Godzilla this morning

My NECA one is nice but this feels like it'll have it beat.

The Godzilla MonsterArts are really nice. I think this is the same sculpt as the Kou Kyou Kyoku they put out a while back, just without all the light and sound gimmicks. I have the overheating version of the same era Godzilla from Vs. Destoroyah and I loving love it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have the original Monsterarts Burning Godzilla. It looks like the overheating one has the extra effect pieces and a glossier finish on the grey parts? Do you know if there were any other differences?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Something I noticed on last week's snl: at about the 1:50 mark in this video, there's a shelf with (I think) a bunch of mythic legion figs all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVo_6rGSiyI

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Yep, Eric Mayse "Cornboy" from the Four Horsemen mentioned it on Mythic Legions Cabal - Facebook group.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Pretty dope, wondered how they got Arethyr’s horse, that doesn’t even ship until the end of this month

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s such a weird thing to loan out for the background of a scene.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Getting every Goku Figuarts and one of these for each of them

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got my Supreme Cobra Commander today from the Hasbro store, got to admit impressed it came so quick.

Also looks awesome.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Apparently the 4H share or shared share space with a set / prop person for SNL. They asked to borrow the toys for the skit. Everything in the cabinets are the paint masters.

Also, Cornboy is officially creepy. First he was looking for "a cake" on reddit (IDK what this means, but was apparently posted in a swingers forum and now is promoting someone who is clearly much younger than hims onlyfans...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNHZTIeAR8j/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Still pretty cool toys though. Just wish he was more discreet with his personal proclivities.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

The Last Call posted:

Got my Supreme Cobra Commander today from the Hasbro store, got to admit impressed it came so quick.

Also looks awesome.

Definitely jealous of everyone else getting their Supreme commanders, but I have high hopes I'll get mine once hasbro answers my missing item request!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was just checking prices and found an established seller had put up four MOTUC I needed and for solid prices. So that's four more down, 159 total pieces to go!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Not only are you a madman, but the pace you're on is admirable.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That reminds me that I recently started seeing a buddy of mine again that had been playing stay at home dad since the pandemic started. I’ve been forgetting to ask if he ever got around to taking pictures of his friends toy collection. Supposedly he has all the original Star Wars, Transformers, and MotU in their packages.

I might be able to share if I pretend I didn’t already admit who’s collection I’m talking about in the past.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Kingtheninja posted:

Definitely jealous of everyone else getting their Supreme commanders, but I have high hopes I'll get mine once hasbro answers my missing item request!

Sorry to hear yours is lost in the ether, I hope they help. They use to be quite great once upon a time, I recall a story of a kid who way back in the day saved up enough to get four Hiss tanks and sent in the stuff. Now it shipped but went missing, the kid contacted Hasbro and they said no problem, shipped out exactly what he ordered.
Later the original Hiss tanks showed up as well so he ended up with eight of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

That reminds me that I recently started seeing a buddy of mine again that had been playing stay at home dad since the pandemic started. I’ve been forgetting to ask if he ever got around to taking pictures of his friends toy collection. Supposedly he has all the original Star Wars, Transformers, and MotU in their packages.

I might be able to share if I pretend I didn’t already admit who’s collection I’m talking about in the past.

I believe we guessed Eminem right? Dude has a legendary MOTU collection.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I didn’t know if it was public knowledge or not, so, I was making a half assed attempt at being vague. My buddy was the one that did the EBay sleuthing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have an acquaintance who sold him some stuff at the Kane show some years back, they took a selfie so we knew he wasn't lying.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Rick Springfield has a ridiculous Kenner Star Wars collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
All that money, all that fame, all those figures, and he still doesn't have what he wants most... Jessie's girl.