Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Data Graham posted:

I’m an odorbender *winds up* :gas:

Everything changed when the odor nation attacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Odor nation sounds like something an olde timey prospector would say after throwing his hat on the ground and stomping on it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Odor nation sounds like something an olde timey prospector would say after throwing his hat on the ground and stomping on it.

That's the Tar Nation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's more people who claim they're allergic to MSG so they can't eat chinese food, then bust open a pack of Doritos.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Heath posted:

That's the Tar Nation.

No, it's O' Dar Nation.

E: it's in Ireland, look it.up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's more people who claim they're allergic to MSG so they can't eat chinese food, then bust open a pack of Doritos.

Real talk: the whole anti-MSG thing was very literally born out of racist paranoia and absolutely no one on the planet is allergic to MSG nor does it have dangerous side effects.

Otherwise you'd be allergic to or sensitive to cheese, tomatoes, pretty much all vegetables, seaweed, soy, corn chips, potato chips, basically every condiment, mushrooms, pork, and everything containing yeast which, meat aside, would be like 99% of the american diet.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MSG Gang where you at?

My gf and I have spent over a year trying to perfect the Din Tai Fung garlic sauteed green beans and a few weeks ago I was just done with trying to copy it so I just yeeted MSG at it.

Turns out it tastes basically identical when you do that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

My fried chicken is made with a secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices. All 11 of them are salt.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Carbon dioxide posted:

My fried chicken is made with a secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices. All 11 of them are salt.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I found out that MSG doesn't go with everything.

Like coffee.

Especially if you mix up your sugar & MSG shakers when it's early & you haven't had your caffeine fix yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elviscat posted:

Is chicken salt just like loose bullion cube, or nah?

Nope, although there's some of that in there. According to the tin of chicken salt I have in the pantry right now, there's salt (duh), chicken stock, paprika, onion powder, citric acid, garlic powder, rice flour which I assume is an anti-caking agent, pepper and celery seed.

edit VVV yeah I don't know what it was originally for but it's amazing on chips.

Memento has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Apr 7, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elviscat posted:

Is chicken salt just like loose bullion cube, or nah?

Some places make their own using chicken but I think it was originally meant to be used 'on' chicken - it's mostly like.. salt (obv), garlic, paprika, maybe tumeric, onion. It's amazing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
After looking it up, Chicken Salt is basically the Aussie version of Adobo with chicken bouillon.

Which sounds loving amazing.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I use thorium salt with everything, highly recommend

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The recipe I used for Chicken Salt was as below. Turned out great.

6tbsp Salt
3tsp Powdered Chick Stock
3tsp Garlic Powder
3tsp Paprika
1tsp White Pepper
1tsp Onion Powder
1tsp Celery Seeds

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I used to work at a fried chicken restaurant and without a lie, potato chips straight from the fryer with lashings of chicken salt are the best food Ive ever eaten.

I'm still chasing that high and nothing else quite compares.

Everyone who worked there also all put on heaps on weight because turns out standing around the chip warmer eating fried chips all shift adds a poo poo load of calories to your day.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

bike tory posted:

I used to work at a fried chicken restaurant and without a lie, potato chips straight from the fryer with lashings of chicken salt are the best food Ive ever eaten.

Everyone who worked there also all put on heaps on weight because turns out standing around the chip warmer eating fried chips all shift adds a poo poo load of calories to your day.
Do you mean chips or chips?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Chiresps

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

bike tory posted:

If only there was a way to deep fry things at home. Maybe one day somebody will invent the technology

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MSG Gang where you at?
Life-long MSG fanboy here!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A Horny Swearengen's Theory of Whiskey Quality in Relation to English Hatred:

Ireland
- Good Whisky
-- "We hate the English so much we fought them for like a month in 1981 and gave up"

Scotland
- Really Good Whiskey
-- "We hate the English so much we've fought them like 12 times but never really meant it so we still curtsy to the queen"

America
- Maker of the best selling whiskey on the planet
-- "We killed those fuckers and gained independence and the queen can suck the peanuts out of my poo poo"

Canada
- Maker of the worst whiskeys imaginable
-- "Oh jolly ho, we doth love having the queen rule over us somehow that no real country cares about understanding and we doth truly hope we are invited to the figgy plum ball at Westpuddingfordminster"

Australia
- Fosters
-- "Australian for beer"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

A Horny Swearengen's Theory of Whiskey Quality in Relation to English Hatred:

Ireland
- Good Whisky
-- "We hate the English so much we fought them for like a month in 1981 and gave up"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Australia makes some good whisky but its all from Tasmania, ie the state we have collectively decided to pretend doesn't exist so its purely hypothetical to anyone not from there

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't think Australia's even made Foster's since the 90s

Also no one has any loving idea what a bloomin onion is supposed to be

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Australia
- Fosters
-- "Australian for beer"

Said this a few times before, but Fosters is an Australian practical joke played on the world. Nothing funnier than seeing an English businessman in a suit trying to look all sophisticated and poo poo while he's drinking a pint of lurid yellow pisswater.

For good Aussie whiskeys though, do check out Limeburners

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I love these Irish revolutionaries (?) memes. Can I have some more?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

toanoradian posted:

I love these Irish revolutionaries (?) memes. Can I have some more?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Australia makes some good whisky but its all from Tasmania, ie the state we have collectively decided to pretend doesn't exist so its purely hypothetical to anyone not from there

As a hypothetical Tasmanian, can confirm. Or would, if I existed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that was my first game of ck2 as well

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have very few opinions on salt or Ireland.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

My gf and I have spent over a year trying to perfect the Din Tai Fung garlic sauteed green beans and a few weeks ago I was just done with trying to copy it so I just yeeted MSG at it.

Turns out it tastes basically identical when you do that.

Well, post the recipe already.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hollandia posted:

Well, post the recipe already.

He said it right there in the post

step 1) acquire green beans
step 2) yeet msg

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeet is new pinch/dash

Our grandchildren will be like goddamn it how many mg in a loving "yeet"

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My Mum sent me recipes for shortbread, fruit loaf, tablet and some other Scottish stuff and she has honestly written:

"A dod of butter" many times

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"Just tell me how much, mum"

"You know, a wee dod"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Amphigory posted:

"Just tell me how much, mum"

"You know, a wee dod"

"Una pizca" for a pinch and "un puñao" for a handful in spanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

tbf we mostly feel the same way about Kentucky