Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

verbal enema posted:

wait wait wait i need ALL the Hunter items for Plat? I THOUGHT TOOLS JUST MEANT LIKE loving TOOLS FOR CRAFTING AND BLOODGEMS AND RUNES AND ARCANE HAZE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO SO MANY PLACES GODDAMNIT gently caress it ill do it on ng+3

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
oh no I have to keep playing bloodborne oh nooo

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bust Rodd posted:

oh no I have to keep playing bloodborne oh nooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yeah basically

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Phobophilia posted:

Just had some really fun fights with the Amygdalan Arm in PvP. And the thing isn't even maxed out, only +8. It doesn't have the burst DPS potential of Beasthunter Saif, or Rakuyo, or Chikage, but it's weird and wobbly and unpredictable and I can feel the enemy panicking as I pancake them with transformation attacks.

Best of all I named the character Colonel Sanders and gave him the look.

The Bony Finger Blaster!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:discourse:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I need a mod with May yelling "CLARKSON!" over the Orphan's voice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sigher posted:

I need a mod with May yelling "CLARKSON!" over the Orphan's voice.

Now I won't be able to fight Orphan again without hearing that :laffo:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

sigher posted:

What's the best to level if you're beyond the softcaps? I'm at like... 304 with STR up to 80 and I just dump a point every hour or so when I finally get to the point of having 900K~ echoes to finally spend. It's grueling and I just want to max out for the sake of doing so. That's why I asked about the Living Failures glitch but just wasn't having any luck pulling it off.

I am just going to find it now but I think it's funnier to just say the secret to levelling up fast and passively is the Cum Dungeon

:edit: ah here we go

https://screenrant.com/bloodborne-dungeon-chalice-code-blood-echoes-easy-code/

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Steve Yun posted:

The Bony Finger Blaster!

TBH after playing around with it alot the Amygdalan Arm is kind of bad at PvP, it just lacks the burst and zoning potential of something like the Whirligig, which is actually one of the best PvP weapons in the game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Phobophilia posted:

TBH after playing around with it alot the Amygdalan Arm is kind of bad at PvP, it just lacks the burst and zoning potential of something like the Whirligig, which is actually one of the best PvP weapons in the game.

I respect anyone who can make it work at all, it’s was just too goofy for me and I wished I was better at it

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's my favorite PvE weapon; have not done PvP since launch, too cheap to pay for Plus.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh the Amygdalan Arm is unbelievably good in PvE when facing small-medium sized enemies, you have a long-range pancaking move on-demand, which is far more flexible than say a Kirkhammer CR2 or a Beast Cutter R2-R2. The thing trivialized Chalice Watchers.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
For those who are considering going to, like, NG+3, why not just roll a new character with the focus of your choice (cough ARC)? You'd also have more upgrade mats to play around with weapons!

I think I got to NG+2 like once over my five characters. I consider builds "complete" around SL125 honestly.

e: heh
https://twitter.com/HazelMonforton/status/1379847386835656705?s=19

f#a# fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 8, 2021

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
Forbidden Woods is just so hosed. I'm steamrolling through my current replay meticulously clearing everything out and I swear every single time I started thinking the layout made sense and was sure I was looping back into an area I had been before, I'm greeted with a bunch of items on the ground and a whole new herd of snakes. Whoever designed that level really knew what they were doing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

It is very well designed, but fuuuuuuck it on replays lol. I just do a big circle following the right edge of the zone, unlock the shortcut, and call it a day. Can grab other items along the way to the boss.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got a link to the original BB thread or is it one of the ones that got eaten by the server?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SkeletonHero posted:

Forbidden Woods is just so hosed. I'm steamrolling through my current replay meticulously clearing everything out and I swear every single time I started thinking the layout made sense and was sure I was looping back into an area I had been before, I'm greeted with a bunch of items on the ground and a whole new herd of snakes. Whoever designed that level really knew what they were doing.

Remember shining coins

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
I'm saving them all for after the hunt, thanks.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think Forbidden Woods is the best version of that sort of zone in any From Soft game. It absolutely works as this horrible nightmare maze of enemies and dead ends and loop-backs, but as long as you slowly make your way downwards you're fine for the most part when going through, it's just finding everything that becomes a real terror.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone got a link to the original BB thread or is it one of the ones that got eaten by the server?

It should still exist but with a few arcane posts of the unseen at the end. Let me check

Try this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708107&perpage=40&noseen=1

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

f#a# posted:

For those who are considering going to, like, NG+3, why not just roll a new character with the focus of your choice (cough ARC)? You'd also have more upgrade mats to play around with weapons!

I think I got to NG+2 like once over my five characters. I consider builds "complete" around SL125 honestly.

going to high NG+ numbers offers a more balanced experience with a greater variety of available weapons, since you can get two more to +10 with every playthrough. plus, a character with practically maxed stats can use arcane tools with bloodtinge weapons and other interesting options.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

skasion posted:

It should still exist but with a few arcane posts of the unseen at the end. Let me check

Try this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708107&perpage=40&noseen=1

fear the unseen

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

skasion posted:

Thanks mate, came back for a new playthrough and feeling nostalgic.

Grant us eyes.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

scary ghost dog posted:

going to high NG+ numbers offers a more balanced experience with a greater variety of available weapons, since you can get two more to +10 with every playthrough. plus, a character with practically maxed stats can use arcane tools with bloodtinge weapons and other interesting options.

Yeah this is the reason I've stuck to one max level character for most of my playthroughs. I've already seen everything, I just want to try out different weapon and rune combinations at this point.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

f#a# posted:

I’m mostly dungeon diving at this point and sprinkling in campaign for a change of pace. I don’t have ps+ so no need to stay at the meta SL and my preferred char already has 99 arc. Chunks and Rocks are easy to come by (Rocks more than chunks!) so I’m never really more than a couple of chalices away from a new +10 weapon. I have 2 other chars that I sometimes jump on, one that’s pure BT and one that’s skill but the most fun for me is making GBS threads on enemies with hunter tools and going against the expert level trolling FromSoft designed in some of the Depth 5 FRCs. No need to reroll for that experience!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aidan_702 posted:

I am just going to find it now but I think it's funnier to just say the secret to levelling up fast and passively is the Cum Dungeon

:edit: ah here we go

https://screenrant.com/bloodborne-dungeon-chalice-code-blood-echoes-easy-code/

Sadly, I'm at the point where the Cum Dungeon has become tedious because of the leveling requirements necessary at 300+; now it takes 6~ reloads or something just to get enough XP for a single point. I'd rather just play the game instead... and maybe one day pull off that god drat Living Failures glitch.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Anybody want to help a bitch kill the Abhorrent Beast in the Ailing Loran chalice

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
...Did anybody know that, if you kill the witches in Hemwick Charnel Lane with a fire-elemental weapon, they'll scream stuff like "FIRE, FIRE!" and "it burns, it burns!"?

Because I sure as poo poo didn't.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I did. Cuz I'm a hoonter

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Anybody want to help a bitch kill the Abhorrent Beast in the Ailing Loran chalice

If you are still having trouble I'll hop on tomorrow. He's a bitch but dodging to the left like BSB works as a general rule, though he can def hit you on that side so you can't just walk. I found like many BB bosses, it paid off to always be in close and always moving ot his rear, only ducking out when health gets low, and then you gotta get waaaay away, cause he does that charge attack.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Thanks, I ended up getting him by just kiting him with twenty poison knives and hitting him with some comet eyeballs. Pretty hairy there for awhile, though.

I think I've exhausted all my new chalice type drops, how does one go through the "progression" that ends up with the Queen?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Thanks, I ended up getting him by just kiting him with twenty poison knives and hitting him with some comet eyeballs. Pretty hairy there for awhile, though.

I think I've exhausted all my new chalice type drops, how does one go through the "progression" that ends up with the Queen?

The one you just finished was the second to last. Check the materials you need for Ptheumeru Ityll. Some are in upper cathedral ward iirc.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thunder Bear posted:

...Did anybody know that, if you kill the witches in Hemwick Charnel Lane with a fire-elemental weapon, they'll scream stuff like "FIRE, FIRE!" and "it burns, it burns!"?

Because I sure as poo poo didn't.

also, before a certain patch, in german and italian their voices were bugged to be the wrong pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTUHYz2SCtM

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

also, before a certain patch, in german and italian their voices were bugged to be the wrong pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTUHYz2SCtM

holy poo poo lmfao

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God that's loving hilarious.

edit: Just got to the Italian part... :stare: That's loving terrifying...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Overlevelling is kind of bad for any kind of online multiplayer, being overlevelled scales down your damage and hp, so if your cool BL544 hunter joins anyone doing any kind of content, they will be instantly obliterated by the weakest enemy.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Reloading an old character to get the platinum for the DLC. Thankfully I’ve already beaten all the bosses, just need to get that Damned Rakuyo.

Also I never beat Laurence without a coop so might try that too. Back in! This time on. Ps5

Currently using Blades of Mercy, what’s the best stacking of items / gems for this?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is it possible to miss any weapons in NG DLC play through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

bows1 posted:

Is it possible to miss any weapons in NG DLC play through?

Bowblade maybe? I can’t think of another one tied to an NPC. I don’t know if bloodletter is as well. Everything else is lying on the ground or part of killing something.

Edit: Church pick needs a key.

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 11, 2021