Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I donate my winners gangtag to charity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

I donate my winners gangtag to rarity

Wow very kind of you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how is the metis vs rarity bingo showdown going

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The United States posted:

If you don't think fans can't ruin a thing then I would direct you to the S L E N D E R M A N murders

Yo she survived and that's unbelievable that she was stabbed 19 times and dragged herself out of the woods and lived. That poo poo's crazy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have been informed Gnosia has a true ending I still need to get

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

how is the metis vs rarity bingo showdown going

I'm abstaining from bingo in order not to overshadow everyone else. I will, however, take accept any other form of challenge.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played and defeated 3 bosses last night in Dark Souls 3 and I utterly love how it plays :D This has been worth the wait.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh the true ending is more like an easter egg, I got it already

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I played and defeated 3 bosses last night in Dark Souls 3 and I utterly love how it plays :D This has been worth the wait.

Same tbh, I fully expected it to be a jank lazy hybrid of Souls and Bloodborne combat but tbh it just feels like “what if we made Dark Souls 1 on a PS4 so far” wrt enemy/character feel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

played some of the new no man's sky update. expedition mode kinda fully closes the book on the prerelease hype version of nms, after years of updates of it progressively turning into a survival game, it is now a fully different game. "the universe is so big you'll never see another player (and can't because the game doesn't actually have multiplayer)" becomes, everyone in the universe now starts on the same planet and it's so busy that it actually kinda breaks the game because it's not designed to handle that many settlements and ships in one place. the deep contemplative experience of slowly exploring dozens of identical planets for not much reward is discarded, in favor of immediately giving you a decent ship and a gun and all the sliders are turned way up so you're instantly confronted with all the weirdest and most lucrative things nms has to offer, with all story pretense removed

it's cool because previously you either had to seek out the places where people got together to build stuff, or occasionally run across the shanty towns that organically spring up around the big points of interest, but now along the expedition route pretty much every planet is full of player buildings with names like neon billboards advertising the poo poo they have on offer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was thinking back over GOTY threads past and it reminded me of how amazing Heavenly Sword was. I know it's a game with a pretty bad rap and it definitely has got flaws but I can't help but love it anyway. I can't think of any other game I've played in the years since that delivers so well on a strong female protagonist. Nariko had fire and she was a warrior through and through but she still showed vulnerability and the capacity to nurture. She's a great example of how a female character can be strong without having to give up her feminity or embrace masculine traits. There was so much heart with her relationship with Kai and their story together led to an end that was legitimately touching. Plus Andy Serkis is the main villain and he's incredible at chewing the scenery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXphFnqhYoo

The level of technology is obviously pretty outdated now but for an early PS3 era game it's absolutely mindblowing. The cutscenes are fully mocapped and there is so much detail to the world. Everything feels so lived in that you can imagine the culture and history extending beyond the borders of the screen. The graphics are stunning, especially the vistas that make you feel like part of a living breathing world.

And then there's the soundtrack which I'd best describe as hauntingly beautiful. The game plays with Eastern musical structure so well and it really fits the story and the world to create the perfect tone for the piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4Mc30oXKw

The combat has enough depth to it be fun while hitting that sweet spot of being easy to pick up but hard to master. The only real criticism I have of this game is there wasn't more of it because when it finished I was nowhere near ready for it to be done. I wish I could go back to this world and spend more time with Nariko and Kai and hear more of their stories :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And that's how it's done :smug:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Now that you've power gamed to complete the skinner box you can complain about the thread having no content like all the poopsocking time travelers did with animal crossing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've got to wait so everyone can finish their squares to do the endgame bingo raids

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wow rarity what a great job congrats

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Heavenly Sword was good.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It's my birthday :kiddo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy Birthday Simone! :toot:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hapbarf

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Happy birthday!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: I've just realised we're slowly watching Susano go on a journey from a complete joke to becoming a badass and I'm so ready for it :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

happy happy birthday! :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

happy birthday Simone!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Simone Magus posted:

:comfyoot: Happy birthday :toot:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

happy birthday!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Thanks =D

My big birthday plans are as follows:

- get an eye exam
- drive 187 miles for work
- work
- maybe, possibly, video a game

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Simone Magus posted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Simone Magus posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Happy birthday! :toot:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heavenly Sword was really good and I'm sad it will probably never get a rerelease

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

And that's how it's done :smug:

Done like a true gamer

Simone Magus posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was the best birthday gift I ever got, was seeing this cutscene. Death Stranding had only been out for a few days.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Happybirthday

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Happy cake day!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

Thanks =D

- get an eye exam
- work

Happy birthday! That last agenda item is a good one.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

For Simone's birthday I'm watching Hero starring Jet Li

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

Thanks =D

- get an eye exam
- work

Happy Birthday

Ps. gently caress doing that commute regularly (or at all lol)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

Done like a true gamer

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004