Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scoss posted:

The standard banner doesn't change. It also doesn't have any rate-ups, regardless of whoever's face is currently featured on the image, you have an even chance of getting Keching, Mona, Qiqi, Diluc, or Jean.

They have added Xinyan and Diona to it over time, and presumably Rosaria will get added soon, but it will probably be a very long time before there are any 5* characters folded into the non-limited pool. I would spend your blue wishes if you have them unless you really *really* hate the other 5* characters and want to speculatively hold your free wishes for like a year I guess.

you can also get 5* weapons from it so hitting pity isn't a guarantee you'll get a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What I want to know is why are so many people maxed out on Babs? Yes she was a free character but she's only ever been on the original Venti and... Keqing? That seems crazy rare. But I skipped Firsti completely and I guess its understandable people went ham.

Rosaria summoning ritual: Do your 4 chore missions but don't bother with spending resin.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i only got C3 Barb from that initial banner and Fischl was similarly low at C2 while Xiangling must've been C4-5. so the freebie Barbs and this banner were the only reason mine is maxed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tae posted:

I hope you didn't spend a single gem on the banner.

Nah, I've spent a whole $30 and that was after making sure I liked how the game played and all of that went to the Venti one, which paid out pretty well at least, I got Qiqi, Razor and another one or two. Then my second 10 pull on that starter banner got me Jean too.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Am I losing my mind or were the 4* characters on earlier banners guaranteed on the first tenpull instead of a 50% chance?

Anyway I got Barbara after 13 pulls who was already c6 so lol gently caress you game, not wasting any more since I don't want Childe and my next pity 5* is guaranteed on banner

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like I've pulled way more Barbaras than I actually have honestly-- I feel like I'd pulled as many as I have Xiangling (who I've easily pulled like 12+ times), but I only just C6'd her today.

Not that it really amounts to much, I never play her. Same goes for Fischl, but I feel like I would have used her more had I pulled her much earlier on (but my first one came from the meteor event because the original Venti event got me only Xianglings and Barbaras).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lol sweet, the girl I liked the look of on the limited ended up being the first pull on the standard after you guys gave me the low down.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

kater posted:

What I want to know is why are so many people maxed out on Babs? Yes she was a free character but she's only ever been on the original Venti and... Keqing? That seems crazy rare. But I skipped Firsti completely and I guess its understandable people went ham.

Rosaria summoning ritual: Do your 4 chore missions but don't bother with spending resin.

A lot of people who started at release pulled pretty heavily on the first banner, since they gave out a ton of primo and Venti was/is OP. They also got an additional free Barbara to the one everyone gets.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

It's the banner you started on. I bet a lot of people like me didn't really start making wishes until a good ways into the venti/barb/fisch/xiang banner. AT that time you got like 50 wishes by AR 10 and a metric ton of primos and wishes in emails. If you get to C5 Barbara or Fischl you are going to hit their next banner or buy them in the shop because their C6s both own.

Same thing this patch, I started a mobile account and I have a stupid amount of Razor and Noelle, C1 Sucrose and C0 everyone else. I had pulled 4 Noelle by my 25th limited wish and I hit Razor twice in the unlimited banner. They will likely be landmines before I have C3 of anyone else.

I bought Barb and I don't regret it because her C6 is so frequently rage-quelling. Probably saved me a controller or two in the Abyss. She's awesome in open world too, you'll thank yourself every time you fall off a mountain or have a dumb death in a domain. And her E allows you to completely ignore the cold mechanic in Dragonspine.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 7, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
found a garbage ER% witch timepiece for xiangling, but any port in a storm. now that i can actually sustain her burst, xiangling team is a slightly faster 9* than klee team for me in the current abyss 12, with worse artifacts and cards, which makes me really kinda regret having pulled for klee in retrospect

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's this supposed to be? The circle vanishes way before you can manage to get through it and it's been sitting here in Mondstat outside the church the whole game

e: Nevermind I got it the second after I posted this

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Todays arena special is charged attacks do more damage and cost less stamina. It still doesn't make Keqing's stamina problems go away :v:

It seems more geared towards claymore users, I guess that's not surprising. Seeing my Noelle spin around critting for 46k during her ult was pretty fun though, not gonna lie :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Super fun to do with noelle because atk speed buffs are broken on her.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 7, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just did what I always do with Ganyu and had 60k Frostflake arrows annihilating everyone with a Sucrose burst thrown in for fun.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stare-Out posted:

Just did what I always do with Ganyu and had 60k Frostflake arrows annihilating everyone with a Sucrose burst thrown in for fun.

Same, and I believe I saw some 80ks there, not sure whether better Ganyu (using Amos and maxed out many things) or it was the bonus stuff.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Same, and I believe I saw some 80ks there, not sure whether better Ganyu (using Amos and maxed out many things) or it was the bonus stuff.

Best I could get with Klee was 77k. Still not bad. Kind of a fun one for Klee and a million charged attacks.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I guess they turned on some new commission follow ups, I’ve had two in a row. Lol one of em involved the kids playing pirate and seems one is jealous that the girl likes both of em and is sorta bullying the other? Freaking is this why I’ve never gotten that achievement? That would be amazing

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I skipped the whole rear end Windblume event outside of the intro quest due to burnout and life stuff going on, kinda wish I'd had the drive to interact with drunken twink bard. Have also let my daily commissions slip hard in the absence of anything but reruns to save for. I did get C6 Fischl within 10 rolls on the Childe banner, though, so that's nice. Time to build the Princessen of Vertibird

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

I guess they turned on some new commission follow ups, I’ve had two in a row. Lol one of em involved the kids playing pirate and seems one is jealous that the girl likes both of em and is sorta bullying the other? Freaking is this why I’ve never gotten that achievement? That would be amazing

I've heard that the Pirate commissions is bugged, as you need all 3 kids to be captain at least once and one of them never comes up. They really need to overhaul the whole commission system. I had Unseen Razor again today, except I completed the chain last time, so Lan acts like she doesn't recognize me. Kind of dumb at this point to have that dialogue come up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

They've been quitely adding them every release. You just got that one randomly

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My all geo team is level 90 and it feels good man.

Noelle is even more legit at 90.

Whoever the next geo character is I’ll probably pull for them and replace the traveler probably.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would be nice of them to let Yunjin out of the Liyue basement, ever

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

I personally thought the perfume quest in that chain was ten times creepier than any of the Barbara stalker stuff. .

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
wait you can actually find Lan's brother?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Araganzar posted:

I personally thought the perfume quest in that chain was ten times creepier than any of the Barbara stalker stuff. .

Eh, it didn't come off that way to me. Part of being a kid is wanting to be a grownup and playing at doing the things grownups do.

Yes, Ying'er is so thirsty you could use her as an anti-Osial weapon, but the reason you get involved in that commission is to help her turn her usual perfumes way the hell down to be child-appropriate.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Araganzar posted:

wait you can actually find Lan's brother?

No, but there a series of Unseen Razor quests to fight different enemies and at some point it bumps you back to the 2 shield mitachurls and Lan acts like you've never met.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can they also do something about Flora? If they don't change her model, at least have her stand a little farther from those flowers. I always start hearing sirens in my head when the actions popup "Touch... Touch... Flora..."

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Can they also do something about Flora? If they don't change her model, at least have her stand a little farther from those flowers. I always start hearing sirens in my head when the actions popup "Touch... Touch... Flora..."

When the all dialogue people are freaking out over was written here is what Flora looked like:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Araganzar posted:

When the all dialogue people are freaking out over was written here is what Flora looked like:

Wait, she had a normal model before and then it got changed? Huh, I wonder why that is.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, she had a normal model before and then it got changed? Huh, I wonder why that is.
People in closed beta kept giving feedback that there were no children in Mondstat, so they picked two NPCs at random, then turned them into kids. They just did a big oopsie by not updating the quest text where a man talks about building a boat because he's in love with Flora.

By the time they got to Liyue, they did a lot better job of putting kids everywhere and letting them do kid things instead of just changing the models of two random NPCs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

People in closed beta kept giving feedback that there were no children in Mondstat, so they picked two NPCs at random, then turned them into kids. They just did a big oopsie by not updating the quest text where a man talks about building a boat because he's in love with Flora.

By the time they got to Liyue, they did a lot better job of putting kids everywhere and letting them do kid things instead of just changing the models of two random NPCs.

Huh, that's a reasonable explanation of that slip up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wonder where that leaves Ella Musk. Is she supposed to be a child now and the older sister lines will change? Or is she just an adult that uses the child model now?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

They should've just changed Ulfr into a child too, he's already trying to build a boat out of dandelions because they're Flora's favorite flower. He's clearly a child in an adult body.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

No Wave posted:

I wonder where that leaves Ella Musk. Is she supposed to be a child now and the older sister lines will change? Or is she just an adult that uses the child model now?

Yeah, she was one of the other characters that got changed into a child later in the Beta and some lines slipped through

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
*nevermind*

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 7, 2021

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I always just thought all these kids randomly being hillichurl linguists, being the premier flower shop in the country with a crazy adventuring botanist younger sister, a cat daughter of the second best bar trying to get everyone to sober the hell up, and letting kids play in the wilderness during a meteor storm was all part of Mondstadt's policy of total freedom.

Seems fairly consistent that kids be crazy in Venti country.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Eh, it didn't come off that way to me. Part of being a kid is wanting to be a grownup and playing at doing the things grownups do.

Yes, Ying'er is so thirsty you could use her as an anti-Osial weapon, but the reason you get involved in that commission is to help her turn her usual perfumes way the hell down to be child-appropriate.

Yeah it's more of a personal opinion for me which is why I'm not going all-caps about it on Twitter. Move on to the next post if you think this is trivial, and why wouldn't you, but it bugged me and I guess I should explain. I could go on about adult vs peer influence and a bunch of adolescent pysch mumbo jumbo but there are two statements that I consider non-controversial.

First, perfume is an incredibly sexualized product in almost all media sources - practically all advertisements for perfume equate its use with female sexual attractiveness and it's a popular enough product that this depiction is widespread and unavoidable. Second, there aren't many good results associated with teaching a young girl that if she's having trouble with her male friends it's probably because she smells bad and not because they're typical rear end in a top hat 10 year olds with little self-awareness.

This combination IMO means we teach this girl to contextualize relationships with men in terms of her physical attractiveness to them. Further, we teach her to internalize this kind of conflict and blame herself for something that likely has nothing to do with her. And we do it during a critical developmental time for an adolescent. I'm not going to put that on a protest sign but I don't like the optics on that and think it's as out of touch and out of place as the stalker stuff with Barbara.

I'm sure there are a lot better things to get upset about. I think if you take even a cursory glance at this game you wouldn't expect it to be super woke. This one just stuck out to me as being personally distasteful. I found it obtuse and creepy and making the perfume with mint instead of spanish fly wasn't adequate to counter that impression.

Trihugger posted:

I always just thought all these kids randomly being hillichurl linguists, being the premier flower shop in the country with a crazy adventuring botanist younger sister, a cat daughter of the second best bar trying to get everyone to sober the hell up, and letting kids play in the wilderness during a meteor storm was all part of Mondstadt's policy of total freedom.

It's unfortunate that the real reason is so much more mundane. I like this explanation better. It feels like Mondstadt is more of an "it takes a village" kind of town with their kids.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I know people make mistakes but seeing as how Genshin has already pulled in over a billion dollars you'd think they'd be able to afford more eyes and better localization to head off some of this poo poo.

Trihugger posted:

This was my initial interpretation when I started Genshin and frankly I agree, this is better.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Venti's lol whatever lifestyle is fully represented in Mondstadt meanwhile Zhongli's cluelessness but stoic and traditional nature is felt all across Liyue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yusin
Mar 4, 2021

Wonder what the next member of the Seven will be like.