Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Good to know. Time to adopt a Maremma as a pet for my kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Working dog pedigrees are usually more accurate in determining behaviour than other dogs lbut the downside of this is they literally just shoot the puppies that display literally any deviation from the accepted range of behaviour to achieve this. In conclusion dogs are a land of contrasts.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If your dog is a single, identifiable breed, you're doing it wrong.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

If your dog is a single, identifiable breed, you're doing it wrong.

Dog breeds are like Voltron, the more you have the better it gets.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
My dog is a Schroedinger's dog. If you don't look at it could be a cat or a parrot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you should not have pets if you don't know whether an animal in your care is alive

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Always gets your dog/cat from a shelter

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

oldpainless posted:

Always gets your dog/cat from a shelter

More like old...dog....more. look I'm trying ok. Rescuing gutter kittens and stray dogs is fine too imo

My housemate rescued this girl's mum from a drain back in 2004. This loving tiny cat is like 17 years old and was born in a stormwater drain. Nothing can defeat her.

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.
I randomly remembered the goon telephone line (the goon line?) today and I don’t remember how it came to be or what happened to it, or even really how it worked. I can’t find the original thread in Archives.

What I do remember is that wacko Colonel F-Slur Stab and that, inexplicably to me now, goon friends in early college absolutely loved that loving goon line. I’m not wrong, right? That happened? There’s not a lot of details for it in Saclopedia...

I also remember GoonFM fondly but can’t seem to find its originating thread either. I still have Bad Apollo - I Am Burning Fart IV and some old goon music on my HD, but I no longer remember who did what.

Not all goon projects failed!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pitbulls suck, but pitbull owners suck so much more. Most I see around are white trash meatheads who always take care to also wear all the other signifiers of the "I'm psychotic because of my small dick, fear me" chuddery. Even if the dogs are innocent, they are a danger in their hands.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Apr 7, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

steinrokkan posted:

Pitbulls suck, but pitbull owners suck so much more. Most I see around are white trash meatheads who always take care to also wear all the other signifiers of the "I'm psychotic because of my small dick, fear me" chuddery. Even if the dogs are innocent, they are a danger in their hands.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pit bulls are ugly and should be allowed to die out

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This page is a prelude to people posting their dogs

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

"hey what's this dumb poo poo in cspam?"

"dunno but let's relitigate it ITT"

every time

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

packetmantis posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

packetmantis posted:

FYAD sucks and Arivia sucks.

packetmantis posted:

It's really cool how open bigotry from shitheads like Vincent Van Goatse is fine as long as no one says a Bad Word.

packetmantis posted:

Holy loving poo poo, dude.

If you don't have anything better to contribute to this thread than the equivalent of sucking air in over your teeth and wagging your finger at the Bad, Terrible Posters, maybe you ought to return to lurking.

And yes, I went back through the thread, and I couldn't find a single post ITT by VVG that came off as bigoted, so posts like these read more like you're trying to score points in a thread where "posting about posters" is de facto tolerated. It's dumb.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I didn't even remove the button, I just made it print a message that says "Forum not deleted - we don't burn the Library of Alexandria and we don't delete forums." He definitely clicked it and read me that message and called me, confused. I played dumb and suggested closing/hiding it instead.

I removed it literally like, a week or two before that phone call, in anticipation of things going poorly.

lol this owns

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Lowtax has pitbulls. Or had, maybe LadyAmbien took them. That would be good.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Treguna Mekoides posted:

I also remember GoonFM fondly but can’t seem to find its originating thread either. I still have Bad Apollo - I Am Burning Fart IV and some old goon music on my HD, but I no longer remember who did what.

The old thread is probably somewhere deep down in archives as GBS-FM, but the current thread is in NMD: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877320

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This page is a prelude to people posting their dogs

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

is that pick's garage sale

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Snow Cone Capone posted:

is that pick's garage sale

No, it's Choose's.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LIFE-SIZE DRUID (MAKE OFFER)

no low balls, i no what ive got

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much the only people that care about furries anymore outside of SA combine it seamlessly with hatred of LGBT+ people, and always did.
I'm pretty sure there are straight furries and not to put too fine a point on it but I don't think most people hate furries so much as think it's funny that the outfits look like sports mascots but sexual.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Not really a saga, but SomethingAwful got briefly mentioned on the HBO docuseries about Qanon. We're relevant! :smug:

Of course, the mention was just tracing the history of 8chan back to 4chan back to here. :negative:

I watched that episode last night and it made me think about how every time I've mentioned SA by name whoever I'm talking to has some horrible impression about the site.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Slimy Hog posted:

I watched that episode last night and it made me think about how every time I've mentioned SA by name whoever I'm talking to has some horrible impression about the site.

My co-worker from Sprint never spoke to me about anything but how much he hates Goonswarm and how they've ruined EVE for him after I bought a mutual friend an SA account and he heard about it.

Thank gently caress. At least he stopped talking about EVE itself.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Can someone please link me to the thread or post about the "load-bearing slur" in the code because lol. Thanks!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

Can someone please link me to the thread or post about the "load-bearing slur" in the code because lol. Thanks!

This thread, but specifically this Jeffrey post is where things kick off: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3837378&pagenumber=45&perpage=40#post501245411

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Pastry of the Year posted:

LIFE-SIZE DRUID (MAKE OFFER)

no low balls, i no what ive got

Once you get old enough, all you have is low balls. :dadjoke:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Pit bulls are ugly and should be allowed to die out

I don't like his music either but that's kind of harsh

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

RFC2324 posted:

having a NUKE ALL button is the most 90s dev/sysadmin thing, and runs against the grain for anyone who has worked tech in the past decade at least

I still want to know what would have actually happened when a radium designed nuke went off

my guess is that it would have worked as well as everything else he had made

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think hating on them is more based on class than anything else because they're popular with low income people. It's not socially acceptable to make fun of poor people outright anymore, but it sure is OK to make fun of their ugly garbage dog and if you happen to throw in some comments about the dog like it was "living in an apartment with like 15 kids" or "it's the terror of the trailer park" it passes under the radar.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Honestly pit bulls are not ugly, not by a long shot. They have nice eyes and ears, I’ll take a pit over a tiny rat-looking dog with creepy all-black shark/doll eyes any day

Source: work at a veterinary hospital in the kennel

I’m a little biased against smaller dogs in general due to work. They are way more likely to not be leash trained, and are usually more hostile in general. The few dogs that hate me to the point I can’t work with them at all are all small dogs like dachshunds, chihuahuas, and other terriers. Also the biggest dogs I work with are all big lovable softies, they rule.

Terriers in general are just amazingly fearless dogs when they want to be. Or at least if they are scared they’re going to cover it up with aggression. Funny enough pit bulls are terriers, and huge buff ones at that. I think that has a lot to do with why they have the reputation they have, I think I saw a post somewhere recently about how Klingons would revere terriers as the best animals.

Oh shoot, this is a Wendy’s drive-thru? Uhhh can I have a half chocolate frosty, half chili?

Tenkaris has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Apr 7, 2021

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tenkaris posted:

Uhhh can I have a half chocolate frosty, half chili?

:stonk:

Mankind is the real monster....

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think hating on them is more based on class than anything else

I've also read that pitbull bans are rooted in racism, but I don't have any hard evidence for that so take it with a grain of salt.

Skulk Hogan posted:

My co-worker from Sprint never spoke to me about anything but how much he hates Goonswarm and how they've ruined EVE for him after I bought a mutual friend an SA account and he heard about it.

Thank gently caress. At least he stopped talking about EVE itself.

The last person I spoke to who had that kind of "Something Awful is a cesspit" reaction was the dude to wrote the Reddit Enhancement Suite, so there's a bit of irony there.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://www.somethingawful.com/twitter-tuesday/thorpe-meets-pitbull/

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Charles posted:

Dogs are individuals and should be evaluated individually. Breed identification is a joke and many animal shelters are moving away from it, because nobody is good at it (this includes professionals) and it's still irrelevant. Many people on the internet (and real life) are eager to tell you how much of an expert they are and how they've been doing this their whole life, when really they've based everything on something somebody told them, 10, 15, 20+ years ago and they've taken it to heart and never challenged their perception or done any research at all (this is true for any profession).

Breed personality is absolutely a thing, but its more of a guideline, really. Most huskies are big dumb goofballs incapable of hurting a fly, but my first experience with them was a pair that had been broken to be vicious. Some breeds are absolutely wired to be dangerous, like dobermans, but pits aren't actually in that group. They were bred to be fighters and so any sign of aggression towards humans was immediately expunged.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

:stonk:

Mankind is the real monster....

A Wendy's chocolate Frosty with french fries to dip in is one of life's simple, great pleasures

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

RFC2324 posted:

Breed personality is absolutely a thing, but its more of a guideline, really. Most huskies are big dumb goofballs incapable of hurting a fly, but my first experience with them was a pair that had been broken to be vicious. Some breeds are absolutely wired to be dangerous, like dobermans, but pits aren't actually in that group. They were bred to be fighters and so any sign of aggression towards humans was immediately expunged.

then why do they eat so many children?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

The same reason anyone else eats children: opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ChubbyChecker posted:

They mistake them for cats and small dogs, just a silly mix up really.