Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CB photoshop thread please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Cracker Barrel is like iowa/South Dakota food I think. :thunkin:

Isn't CB fake southern food? South Dakota food is game like Venison, freshwater fish, and pheasant.

Speaking of which, Game feeds are pure distilled Americana.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
New Jersey

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aardvark! posted:

not that id use jelly on cornbread, but this just gave me an awful memory of just how loving bad cracker barrel's cornbread is. god it's bad

You're blessed in that it didn't give you an awful memory of sidework

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I've never been to a Cracker Barrel and I don't even know where to find one but all those pictures and what people are saying about it here make it look/sound like hell on earth.

My grandmother had that same cat statue in her house.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
my ex fiancée loved cracker barrel so I ultimately have fond memories of it

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Revins posted:

my ex fiancée loved cracker barrel so I ultimately have fond memories of it

did they die and this is like a Ghosts deal except running your hands through sausage gravy??

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

for those not familiar with the cracker barrel,

Oh yeah. My American coworker took me to one when I was visiting a few years ago. I guess it was the most "American" thing he could find short of McDonald's. I had a steak, it was ok. But overall the place felt fake AF somehow.

naem
May 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh yeah. My American coworker took me to one when I was visiting a few years ago. I guess it was the most "American" thing he could find short of McDonald's. I had a steak, it was ok. But overall the place felt fake AF somehow.

it is fake, it’s pure strain kitsch of the highest order

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

That's everything in the US, our culture is largely astroturfed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's everything in the US, our culture is largely astroturfed.

Except for reveal parties, those are total Americana. Especially the dog gender / breed reveal parties. :woof:
https://be.chewy.com/how-to-throw-a-dog-breed-reveal-party/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Except for reveal parties, those are total Americana. Especially the dog gender / breed reveal parties. :woof:

Ohhhh for gently caress’s sake

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The entire country burning down because someone exploded some tannerite for their dog gender reveal party..

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

I'm not sure if Hoarders is wrong for this thread or perfect for this thread...

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Zero One posted:

I'm not sure if Hoarders is wrong for this thread or perfect for this thread...

Usually I'd agree, but this week's episode had a house that was like a time capsule of a suburban NY/ NJ home from 1970 underneath the hoard of Hallmark store bags. It should be a museum of kitsch.

CPL593H posted:

My grandmother had that same cat statue in her house.

I am so jealous. What happened to the cat statue?!

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

For the longest time I thought it was called Cracked Barrel, not Cracker Barrel. Is there actually a barrel full of crackers somewhere inside the restaurant(s)?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Doll House Ghost posted:

For the longest time I thought it was called Cracked Barrel, not Cracker Barrel. Is there actually a barrel full of crackers somewhere inside the restaurant(s)?

Yeah. At least thats what its named after

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Doll House Ghost posted:

No, it's a thinly-veiled reference about the homogeneity of their clientele. This is a highly original joke premise do not steal it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Takin seanbaby down to the cracked barrel gonna look at a listicle of top 12 meats in gravy and play pegs

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Follow up question: Can you... eat the crackers from the barrel? Is it just to look at? A relic?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doll House Ghost posted:

Follow up question: Can you... eat the crackers from the barrel? Is it just to look at? A relic?

Narrator Voice: There was no actual barrel, nor crackers.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

:smith:

You've let me down, America.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

theres a local chain near me which has a cheese and crackers table where you can just walk up, grab crackers from the baskets of crackers and various cheeses. very sanitary since its usually like in a hallway

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Doll House Ghost posted:

:smith:

You've let me down, America.

Yeah well you let america down too.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The Bloop posted:

There is in fact a barrel

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
CB was always a road trip thing for me which reminded me of something else

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

pecan rolls are legit.

and yes, there is an actual Cracker Barrel but if you want to partake of the crackers therein, certain acts will be required of you. acts of a singular nature.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

"Cheeselog" is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

this game is Americana.SCUMM or whatever the filenames are called

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

this game is Americana.SCUMM or whatever the filenames are called

very deliberately. the whole thing is a long tour of Weird America.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Monkey Fracas posted:

They yet live
https://stuckeys.com/

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I think you’re pretty loving likely to find plenty of crackers at any given location, actually

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gonna start referring to acts of domestic terrorism as 'Chud reveal parties'

e: Okay dog breed reveal parties are dumb as gently caress but the dog in that link is cute as heck and now I'm sad I can't have a dog.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 7, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Outrail posted:

Gonna start referring to acts of domestic terrorism as 'Chud reveal parties'

e: Okay dog breed reveal parties are dumb as gently caress but the dog in that link is cute as heck and now I'm sad I can't have a dog.

That dog died in the ensuing nuclear explosion.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Having a party to tell everyone that my dog, who looks exactly like a lab mixed with a border collie, is in fact a lab mixed with a border collie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Doll House Ghost posted:

lots of staples were sold in/from barrels in old American general stores. my grandfather talked about finishing off the barrel of either crackers or lard, but both foods together, once when he was a kid, and said that he sweated lard for a few days after. I thought he meant it literally, so this story stuck with me....

Deki posted:

Isn't CB fake southern food? South Dakota food is game like Venison, freshwater fish, and pheasant.

in the US, you can't sell actual game meat, which annoys the hell out of me. any meat sold in stores or restaurants has to be farmed/ranched, so that it can be inspected. (not fish, obviously.)

I had wild boar at a restaurant once in France. it tasted like pork made out of steak.