Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Joe Man posted:

Is this actually worth installing Skyrim for:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/976620/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories_Special_Edition/

I like Gothic and Underworld and Stalker and poo poo that I can really dig into. Does it actually have deeper systems/exploration or is it basically a Bethesda repaint?

Yeah it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Orv posted:

Except you own an image on a system that can up and vanish overnight and almost all of them certainly will at some point in the future, leading to an extremely funny panic from the lovely rich people that bought them but don't understand the internet.

Ideally that could happen without destroying the planet, mind you.
Several of them already have disappeared, from what I understand.

The Joe Man posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976620/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories_Special_Edition/

I like Gothic and Underworld and Stalker and poo poo that I can really dig into. Does it actually have deeper systems/exploration or is it basically a Bethesda repaint?

It's a standalone install, you just need to own sktyrim.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Orv posted:

Except you own an image on a system that can up and vanish overnight and almost all of them certainly will at some point in the future, leading to an extremely funny panic from the lovely rich people that bought them but don't understand the internet.

Ideally that could happen without destroying the planet, mind you.

It's like Schrodingers fraud, where it's in a state of stolen/not stolen until you actually try to see what it is and the waveform collapses leaving you with nothing of value in both circumstances.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The problem with Enderal is that it's still Bethesda's gamebyro underneath, and it sucks. so. much.

It seems like a good game, but it crashes constantly. I've never had it run for longer than 30 minutes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zereth posted:

Several of them already have disappeared, from what I understand.

It's a standalone install, you just need to own sktyrim.

I got an error the first time I tried, I think it needs to be installed.

Antigravitas posted:

The problem with Enderal is that it's still Bethesda's gamebyro underneath, and it sucks. so. much.

It seems like a good game, but it crashes constantly. I've never had it run for longer than 30 minutes.

Yeah, the old version was p shaky. SE is rock solid though, so far at least.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I have Enderal installed without Skyrim itself. I think you just need to own Skyrim, but downloading Enderal means downloading the Skyrim files into Enderal's folder. So if you also have Skyrim installed, you'll have two copies on your PC.

Anyways, if you can tolerate some Skyrim jank, Enderal is definitely worth a look. I've been meaning to get back to it, but from what I played (~15 ish hours) it's really good and for a fan-made mod, the scope is astounding. It even has voice-acting. Some of it is actually good!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

sebmojo posted:

we need a cool brutally mocking name for Epic like Micro$haft so everyone understands it is bad imho

sEptic

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kazzah posted:

Speaking of Bioshock, I started replaying Prey (2017) yesterday and it still rules. The early game is much easier when you realise how vertical the rooms are right at the start. Gonna kill everyone on the station this time around.

Prey scares me like few games have. I got used to hitting everything thats not nailed down in case it was a mimic but when the bigger ones show up, yea no thanks.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

sebmojo posted:

we need a cool brutally mocking name for Epic like Micro$haft so everyone understands it is bad imho

Epic.se

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Prey scares me like few games have. I got used to hitting everything thats not nailed down in case it was a mimic but when the bigger ones show up, yea no thanks.

The atmosphere is spot on. I just finished my first playthrough last week and fully intend to have another go. It's a really great experience. I also started the Mooncrash DLC and while it's very different from the core game, they made some clever design decisions to engage the player.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
I'm still a bit wary of trying a full Typhon run. The human tree contains just so many useful upgrades that don't really have a replacement if you don't take them. No hacking, no inventory increase...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Nuramor posted:

I'm still a bit wary of trying a full Typhon run. The human tree contains just so many useful upgrades that don't really have a replacement if you don't take them. No hacking, no inventory increase...

As someone who tried a typhon run:

It is kind of miserable. The fact that a lot of useful upgrades (including UPPING YOUR MANA METER) are in the human tree boggles the mind.

I ended up resetting and doing a "no neuromods at all" run instead. And then just loading the savegame, installing all typhon mods, and getting both at the same time :v:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Wouldn't a "no neuromods at all" run be even more miserable?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Nuramor posted:

Eh, turrets don't shoot at you, that's a plus. I think it also makes the mini boss monster spawn a lot less?

:shrug:

No neuromods is actually a really interesting experience, you need to pick a lot more battles and even just suck it up and make a mad dash to safety.

I just found it a lot more enjoyable than trying to use psy stuff without increased psy cap or a lot of other basic stuff. You will absolutely miss those.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
SteamDB reports that the latest Steam updated added backend code for the remaining Eurozone currencies:

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/1379696523999592449

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Antigravitas posted:

I've been playing it recently, and the only time I've gotten consistent crashes is when I've alt tabbed back in to the game. But yeah, it probably is held together with sticks and glue

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

There's a Humble Bundle that has Assetto Corsa and a bunch of DLC. I enjoy racing against AI in Gran Turismo and Forza, not really interested in racing real people. Is $12 for Assetto Corsa worth it for single player? Is there actually a career mode where you move up the ladder like GT and Forza?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Humerus posted:

Is $12 for Assetto Corsa worth it for single player? Is there actually a career mode where you move up the ladder like GT and Forza?

Yes to both of those questions.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

The Joe Man posted:

I've heard of that but I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it, the trailer paints it out like it's got a pretty bleak story, and there's enough of that in reality that I usually try to avoid it in my escapism.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im playing enderal now, i tried it once before waaaay back in the day and it ran so poo poo on my PC that i couldnt get passed the first area. It's buttery smooth now so im diving in!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nuramor posted:

Honestly it's not bad at all, although I wouldn't recommend doing it on my first playthrough like I did because you miss out on a lot of cool abilities that make the game unique. But you're basically just a really jacked up Deus Ex protagonist.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Do you like Raccoons?

Ever wanted to gently caress poo poo up while playing as a raccoon? Raccoon base building, raccoon crafting? Ride a skateboard as a raccoon? Stealing poo poo and washing your raccoon hands in a dish of water?

Well I've got the game for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1320100/Wanted_Raccoon/

Early access but drat the trailers do a great job of making it look fun.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
finished Knights and Bikes the other day. Enjoyed it a lot, but even though Double Fine only published it, it definitely feels like a Double Fine game in that it's carried by the incredibly charming art direction, story, and animations rather than the simplistic, Lego-esque gameplay.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

The Kins posted:

SteamDB reports that the latest Steam updated added backend code for the remaining Eurozone currencies:

Well it's åböut loving time :sweden:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

:actually: EU*, the Eurozone uses Euro.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Hey I had a couple games from that racing Humble Bundle already so

GRIP: Combat Racing
*DF7Z-Z6KBR-B3EAH

DiRT Rally 2.0
5B2*7-74N0T-ZQ4FJ

*=the numeral nine

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone playing Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail that just came out? Is it any fun? Can I get my Hornblower/Jack Aubrey on and sail ships around? If not is there a good game that does that?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

HopperUK posted:

Anyone playing Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail that just came out? Is it any fun? Can I get my Hornblower/Jack Aubrey on and sail ships around? If not is there a good game that does that?

It's not very good for ship sailing, it's more like the Ultimate General games/Empire Total War naval battles, not ship duels and rather full fleet engagements. There's no better game for ship sailing than Naval Action, but that's hobbled by an awful metagame.

If you don't mind jank, Pirates of the Caribbean with the New Horizons mod is the peak of the genre in all things but graphics, and you can actually play a Hornblower campaign in it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's not very good for ship sailing, it's more like the Ultimate General games/Empire Total War naval battles, not ship duels and rather full fleet engagements. There's no better game for ship sailing than Naval Action, but that's hobbled by an awful metagame.

If you don't mind jank, Pirates of the Caribbean with the New Horizons mod is the peak of the genre in all things but graphics, and you can actually play a Hornblower campaign in it.

Gotcha, thanks. I should probably get PotC if I somehow don't have it yet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

queeb posted:

im playing enderal now, i tried it once before waaaay back in the day and it ran so poo poo on my PC that i couldnt get passed the first area. It's buttery smooth now so im diving in!

I've installed a fast travel mod because gently caress relying on teleportation scrolls and myrad towers. I fully expect this to gently caress up my game due to how many scripts are running in enderal though

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Thunderful Group's Annual Report lists a Steam version of Deadly Premonition 2 as being part of their publishing slate.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
:aaaaa:
......there's a Deadly Premonition 2.....

Edit: I mean, this thread is my one source of video game stuff, so if it was a console exclusive, it makes sense nobody would bring it up....
....but drat....they made a sequel...

Trickyblackjack fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 7, 2021

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Trickyblackjack posted:

Edit: I mean, this thread is my one source of video game stuff, so if it was a console exclusive, it makes sense nobody would bring it up....
Apparently it wasn't very good.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Trickyblackjack posted:

It's one of those games that was very hyped up when it was announced, but then landed with a thud and nobody talked about it. Apparently it had some trans stuff that was really bad, but that was addressed (somewhat) in a patch. The bigger problem was horrendous performance problems on the switch, which will presumably be less of an issue on PC.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Begemot posted:

The bigger problem was horrendous performance problems on the switch, which will presumably be less of an issue on PC.

:hmmwrong:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Begemot posted:

The bigger problem was horrendous performance problems on the switch, which will presumably be less of an issue on PC.

Hahaha

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Begemot posted:

Apparently it had some trans stuff that was really bad, but that was addressed (somewhat) in a patch.

The main character happened to refer to the person's previous name because that's what they were called at the time a certain event happened.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Blattdorf posted:

The main character happened to refer to the person's previous name because that's what they were called at the time a certain event happened.

Oh come on, that's not how names work (or gender pronouns, since they also constantly misgender the character when referring to past events). You don't refer to people by their deadname just because you're referring to an event that happened in the past. I guess the devs don't realize that either, though.

Twitter thread about "fixes":
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1285581656091492352

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 7, 2021

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The first Deadly Premonition got a pass on its extremely weird and bad take on queer characters because it was old and the rest of the game was also weird and bad. Not sure why anybody was expecting anything different this time around.

I am kinda curious as to whether they fix the performance issues. I might watch an lp of it, not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

its worth noting that theres also a culture gap happening here, the language around trans stuff in Japan is different than in the US (for example, theres a popular autobiography by a trans woman titled 'The Bride Was a Boy')

doesnt stop the poo poo in DP2 from being clumsy or make it immune to critique or anything, just context