Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stevie Lee posted:

gently caress, that's awful

Yeah, I mean just truly horrendous and possibly why Ben’s head has been a bit all over the place recently...not to reduce something serious like this to just basketball...but just something I saw posted by. few people in conjunction with talking about how she needs help and how horrible it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/sam_perley/status/1379788504008425472?s=20

Really want to know what kind of Three Stooges poo poo landed that many guys in the concussion protocol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't really remember the other 2 but dort took a knee to the head

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/sam_perley/status/1379788504008425472?s=20

Really want to know what kind of Three Stooges poo poo landed that many guys in the concussion protocol

Fakest injury report I've seen in a while

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Presti got every pick already and yet he still wants to tank for first. Presti is the actualization of what Ainge puff pieces presume Ainge to be.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
This is supposed to be a 2003 level draft talent wise so imagine getting multiple lottery guys plus the no 1 overall

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The thunder could become contenders again with one draft and then they have tons of assets if another star becomes available

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

R.D. Mangles posted:

IT gets thrown out facing the Knicks after Thibs screams ICE ICE ICE at him and he finally blows up and bellows I DON'T NEED IT BUDDY in Thibs's face.

you know, i was always curious about this joke since i don't associate thibs teams with icing, for eg they don't do it at all in ny, but i looked it up and his bulls teams did in fact ice a lot, so joke premise confirmed i guess.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

This is supposed to be a 2003 level draft talent wise

no

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Really? I've read it's the best class in years. I don't watch college though so I have no clue.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It's gonna be a really good class, but 03 is probably a top 3 draft of all time (alongside 96 and 84)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Every class is either the best class in years or the worst class in years

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The top 5 should be game changers at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Really? I've read it's the best class in years. I don't watch college though so I have no clue.

It's better on the whole than the last two though I don't think Cade is quite Zion level but I don't think it's better than 2018.

Poque posted:

The top 5 should be game changers at least.

Top 2 I think definitely but I don't think it's really all that set after that. I mean Suggs is pretty locked in at at least 3 but I don't think he's necessarily a franchise changing guy or anything, just a very good player, and after him it's still pretty unsettled.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 7, 2021

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

2021 was hyped for the past few years because it was expected to be the first draft to allow kids straight from high school and would be a double-draft, so maybe that's still sort of attached to it. Cade is really good, but he isn't LeBron.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
What’s a Freddie Gillespie and can he rebound?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

2021 was hyped for the past few years because it was expected to be the first draft to allow kids straight from high school and would be a double-draft, so maybe that's still sort of attached to it. Cade is really good, but he isn't LeBron.

Even last year when it was clearly not going to be a double draft it was getting a lot of hype but a lot of that was in comparison to last year's draft which everyone hated, and since then guys like BJ Boston, who probably would have gone first if he'd been eligible last year, have disappointed.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hand Knit posted:

What’s a Freddie Gillespie and can he rebound?

He was a pretty dominant college rebounder and a very good defender, though kind of undersized for a center. Pretty much just a play finisher on offense but a good one.

e: it looks like he was putting up pretty big G-league rebound stats too. I liked him last year as a UDFA/back half of the second round guy for whatever that's worth.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MourningView posted:

He was a pretty dominant college rebounder and a very good defender, though kind of undersized for a center. Pretty much just a play finisher on offense but a good one.

That sounds like he fits pretty well for a guy the Raptors pick up off the scrap heap.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

at the beginning of the season, who had tonight, April 7th, circled as the battle for the western conference 1 seed?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

It's better on the whole than the last two though I don't think Cade is quite Zion level but I don't think it's better than 2018.

2018 is a crazy outlier; 11/14 lottery picks are starters or starting quality and you have to get all the way down to zhaire smith before you get to a player who isn’t at least contributing in some meaningful way, and i don’t think many people thought it was going to shake out like that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

2018 was a can't miss draft

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

2018 is a crazy outlier; 11/14 lottery picks are starters or starting quality and you have to get all the way down to zhaire smith before you get to a player who isn’t at least contributing in some meaningful way, and i don’t think many people thought it was going to shake out like that

It's probably exceeded expectations but it was definitely considered a really good draft at the time. Luka not being considered a slam dunk number one is a pretty good sign of how deep everyone thought it was because it was pretty obvious that he'd be at least good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is the purest form of ball

https://twitter.com/owenlhjphillips/status/1379129687729930247?s=19

All bless shai the needle

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When is OKC getting a Colangelo overseer

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Metapod posted:

This is the purest form of ball

https://twitter.com/owenlhjphillips/status/1379129687729930247?s=19

All bless shai the needle

Does the y axis mean anything or is this just a dumb histogram?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When is OKC getting a Colangelo overseer

they'd almost be a playoff team in the east I am begging sixers fans to stop treating sam hinkie as the heroic protagonist of the NBA and just watch basketball

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okc has won more games this year than in hinkies entire tenure

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Does the y axis mean anything or is this just a dumb histogram?

I imagine the longer lines represent groupings of multiple players

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hinkie will probably be more successful tho. We will see

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Coward stern changed the rules tho after Hinkie so it’s not quite fair to whoever the GM in Oklahoma is

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

they'd almost be a playoff team in the east I am begging sixers fans to stop treating sam hinkie as the heroic protagonist of the NBA and just watch basketball

it's not even about Hinkie, though. the NBA forced a Colangelo on them!! and then that colangelo spawned another!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

The Coward stern

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm not a Sixers fan but I approve of the cult of Hinkie

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Speaking of insane fanbases, I'm sort of rooting for the Celtics because I'd like to see Kemba do well but this has been a very funny year

https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/1379779006044590081?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff posted:

Speaking of insane fanbases, I'm sort of rooting for the Celtics because I'd like to see Kemba do well but this has been a very funny year

https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/1379779006044590081?s=20

I said last week that Tatum plus for Beal would be good . They still need a center . brown plus picks for a center might work.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big boi posted:

I'm not a Sixers fan but I approve of the cult of Hinkie

he's a lovely libertarian hedge fund guy whose big innovation (beyond being bad= better picks, which everyone already knew) was figuring out that second round picks were extremely easy to gently caress over because they had no leverage he sucks!

euphronius posted:

Hinkie will probably be more successful tho. We will see

presiti has already done one full rebuild that was way more successful than anything Philly has done so far

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MazelTovCocktail posted:

loving yikes. For the record Ben is her brother, not half brother.

https://twitter.com/livvalice/status/1379609794919628802?s=21
How would it damage Ben's brand for her to get therapy? Who would even know she's getting therapy?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the Celtics might be a victim of Tatum being successful so fast. They really should've been in more of a rebuild mode for a couple more years and leapt right into win now. But hell even Pop had trouble making Brown and Tatum work so maybe there's something incompatible about them that isn't easy to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

That sounds like he fits pretty well for a guy the Raptors pick up off the scrap heap.

The Raps FO has done well taking fliers on guys.