Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Smoking Crow posted:

i was listening to the clip about booking and dave brought up that these points came from a few people who ran national promotions, and that got me thinking: who are these people?

thinking about it after a while i realized he's probably talking about konnan and mike tenay, both of whom lived through TNA and WCW. of course they would be hyper critical of anyone for not making enough tv stars and having too many contracted wrestlers

I assumed one was HHH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

RealFoxy posted:

Considering it was hours between Big Show getting released by the WWE and signing with AEW, him leaking that would be considered proof on contract tampering. Past that, Dave said the situation over Brodie was very tight-lipped and that's a sign of a healthy locker room environment.

Either way, TNT told Tony to cut the surprises out, because they didn't like the idea that Sting just showed up and they didn't have a chance to promote it, which is why Christian was teased for a PPV.

Show wasn't released, his contract ended, and he didn't sign another with WWE, he was free and clear to sign elsewhere.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pylons posted:

No offense, but this seems kind of stupid to me? If he was over for you before without having to wrestle matches.. isn't that a good thing? Why is your perception of him being "cold" or not based on how many matches he's had?

Sorry, cold was probably not the right word. It makes him seem underutilized / unfocused.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

smikey posted:

Show wasn't released, his contract ended, and he didn't sign another with WWE, he was free and clear to sign elsewhere.
Wrong wording on my end but same outcome, it was still hours between when Big Show was a free agent and signed with AEW.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
At this point in time it makes sense that AEW is trying things that haven't worked in the past because the present is so very different. They have a general idea as to who is getting over and who isn't, but that data is different from historical data because this has been a really weird year. Featuring a boatload of talent is the opposite of what WWE does, and WWE's ratings are in steep decline, so it makes sense to try doing the opposite and see what, if anything catches on in any measurable way. If it doesn't work they can always modify things - AEW has been shown to learn from mistakes and modify their show to make changes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The "they kept giving him lettuce" story on the B&V Show is just bewildering and beautiful.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey so please tell me this isn't as bad in context?

https://twitter.com/BlurayWrestling/status/1379535178314420228?s=19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
My interpretation of it was that it’s a surprise WWE didn’t give them a racist gimmick.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's still pretty bad, but AFAICT he's referring to what Bad Bunny said in an earlier promo which was something like "Do you know where we're from?!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

It's still pretty bad, but AFAICT he's referring to what Bad Bunny said in an earlier promo which was something like "Do you know where we're from?!"

It sounded like this to me, he goes on to say he expected the line in the promo to be paid off somehow in a set up for the baby face to get one over on the heel by outsmarting them in some way but the heels just drove off.

Probably more of a speaking without fully forming the thought you’re trying to convey moment than a Racist Dave Meltzer moment but not a great look either way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look at who's posting the tweet. Dont get worked.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

noted racist vcrwrestling throwing stones in a glass house

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Andy Williams describing Tony Khan completely earnestly as "the most punk rock guy in the world" on Talk is Jericho is very endearing and funny. It is funnier to type because I think of Nelson exclaiming ANDY WILLIAMS and that Andy Williams declaring Tony Khan is the most punk rock guy in the world.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Nelson exclaiming ANDY WILLIAMS and that Andy Williams declaring Tony Khan is the most punk rock guy in the world.

*botchamania transition noise*

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJeff posted:

Look at who's posting the tweet. Dont get worked.

did they modify the audio? Did dave not actually say that?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm aware that snippets of the podcasts are posted out of context to make Dave seem worse, which was why I checked.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

did they modify the audio? Did dave not actually say that?

Yeah.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have literally no comments on Dave but I'd just like to say that entire Twitter account is wildly offensive and I hate wrestling fandom.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vcrwrestling fully attempted to stage a controversy by falsely accusing shawn spears of tweeting and deleting a slur so while dave is a dummy, technical ignorance is probably the only reason they havent already tried to deep-fake dave audio to get him canceled

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Twitter is wildly offensive and I hate wrestling fandom.

:hai:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Like it legitimately sucks that the main critics of stuff that should actually be called out always seem to either just be scoring points at posting enemies or are just using it to back door their own grift. I'm sick of "Shave Smeltzer is racist. Anyways here's ten reasons why Will Ospreay is being cancelled by the PC police"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I feel like the NWO episode of Monday Night War has lured Bryan into a false sense of security and when they get to "well, DX drove a TANK into Nitro and won the war" he's gonna blow a gasket.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Super No Vacancy posted:

vcrwrestling fully attempted to stage a controversy by falsely accusing shawn spears of tweeting and deleting a slur
Please refresh my memory on this one.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gumball Gumption posted:

“Shave Smeltzer is racist. Anyways here's ten reasons why Will Ospreay is being cancelled by the PC police"

why would Dave call himself racist

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

davidbix posted:

Please refresh my memory on this one.

august 2019 he started a bandwagon of people tweeting that spears tweeted and deleted a slur. nobody produced a screenshot and literally zero people had tweeted about it before vcr/blu. there was no mention of it or anything untoward in any tweets in reply to shawn spears for the previous five days. vaguely think he may have deleted his original tweets when it didnt gain any further traction but obviously the account is wiped now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1379855723941728266?s=20

Rosenberg and Sam Roberts especially given their past, but really anyone associated with WWE does not have the high ground in this discussion

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rosenberg and Sam Roberts especially given their past, but really anyone associated with WWE does not have the high ground in this discussion

didnt this dipshit pay vince money to be on the shows?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I forgot "or pushing their own podcast" in my complaint earlier. gently caress everyone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao 80% of the replies are "listen to my lovely podcast instead!"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, Pete "I'm gonna tell the black woman she's being racist" Rosenberg has no room in this discussion.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im not clicking on that but the thumbnail looks like a youtuber apology video

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

didnt this dipshit pay vince money to be on the shows?

he did yes don't let bix tell you otherwise

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think I come down on the Meltzer defender side a lot, though I also think I disagree with him a lot. But I think he's generally thoughtful and has adapted well with the changes to the wrestling industry over his career. His biggest flaws are being too protective of his sources or people who have been around a long time when it comes to criticism of them, and I think that's where the Ospreay stuff falls in.

If you apply the same test to Rosenberg, I don't know what story he's ever broken and he's only ever been a company shill for WWE.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Vcrwrestling/meltzersaidwhat is also the one who tried to get Cody and Brandi in trouble with some airline for bringing pharaoh on board as like a support dog or whatever right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Vcrwrestling/meltzersaidwhat is also the one who tried to get Cody and Brandi in trouble with some airline for bringing pharaoh on board as like a support dog or whatever right?

Yes he got banned from twitter for his follow up harassment of Brandi.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the meltzer to chapo pipeline

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Was there something recently (the Bad Bunny thing?) that sparked Rosenberg to give out this very important announcement about how his podcast is more progressive than Dave Meltzer? Or is it meant to be an evergreen public service announcement?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He saw an opening.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Edge & Christian posted:

Was there something recently (the Bad Bunny thing?) that sparked Rosenberg to give out this very important announcement about how his podcast is more progressive than Dave Meltzer? Or is it meant to be an evergreen public service announcement?

It's the Bad Bunny thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

wwe probably siccing people on dave for daveing like they usually do when theres an opening to misconstrue what he said or obtusely take things out of context like the peyton royce thing.