Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

About god drat time. Imagine kicking matu for w33.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Matu sucked for a while before being kicked and then with w33 they made top2 and top3 and TI. seems like a decent decision. Nigma was never going to play around Matu the way Secret does.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

end of an era

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
nimga.sumail

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

nigma.balls

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
The cycle of kicking the sacrificial player continues

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://esportspedia.com/lol/index.php?title=Balls ??

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Arzachel posted:

The cycle of kicking the sacrificial player continues

Normally I'm in agreement regarding this kind of stuff, but this is an instance where your sacrificial player also happens to be underperforming at a position where there are at least two significantly better free agents available.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't even realize the next dpc season already starts next week lmao

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Normally I'm in agreement regarding this kind of stuff, but this is an instance where your sacrificial player also happens to be underperforming at a position where there are at least two significantly better free agents available.

Sumail and who?

Also Miracle has definitely been underperforming. Everyone on that team has been pretty mediocre lately tbh. Kuro's drafts have been awful, w33 has been losing lanes and feeding out of position, and even gh has been pretty low impact compared to how he has performed in the past.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

Sumail and who?

MidOne I assume

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
cant believe theyre still called nigma

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

MidOne I assume

midone is with kpii and mushi

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kild posted:

midone is with kpii and mushi

It's going to be sumail, but that midone team is just a stack right? Its not a real team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gonna throw some of the significant-ish roster changes that I can see on liquipedia in this post

Masaros was moved to "inactive" from fnatic's main roster (he was their 3)
Na'vi swapped General out for Ramses
Biver retired and was replaced by Sneyking on Tundra (formerly Mudgolems)
No[o]ne is officially on ASM.Gambit now
"LevelUp esports" has a new roster of RdO/No!ob/Funn1k/dnz/LeBronDota

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I hope the new hero is a carry. What's the last one they added, Monkey King?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If the new hero isn't the only character from the anime who anyone cares about (Marci I think her name is) it will be very baffling

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's the hero they would've announced at TI10 (in Sweden) so one of the Norse ones leaked like Fenrir or Freya

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If the new hero isn't the only character from the anime who anyone cares about (Marci I think her name is) it will be very baffling

Just imagine the cost savings on voice acting.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

gonna throw some of the significant-ish roster changes that I can see on liquipedia in this post

Masaros was moved to "inactive" from fnatic's main roster (he was their 3)
Na'vi swapped General out for Ramses
Biver retired and was replaced by Sneyking on Tundra (formerly Mudgolems)
No[o]ne is officially on ASM.Gambit now
"LevelUp esports" has a new roster of RdO/No!ob/Funn1k/dnz/LeBronDota

Masaros is confirmed on the reunited motivate trust stack

also fnatic kicking masaros is actually so loving dumb lmao

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

To be fair, they really went out of their way to show the elf girl doing 3-4 specific skills.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

add Hoodwink to captains mode already

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The Mushi/Midone team got poo poo on by reunited Motivate Trust lmao. They probably don't have a path to TI but it's funny that one of the strongest teams in SEA is in the lower division of the region.

Let's find out if Mushi will be able to make it into lower during the second round of qualifiers.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nice to see that TI9's thread has now hit 500 pages.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

Nice to see that TI9's thread has now hit 500 pages.

New thread will be made when we're closer to TI10!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

New thread will be made when we're closer to TI10!

Pro Dota 2 The International 2021: Arteezy's year for sure!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pro Dota 2 The International 2021: OG's third aegis

:smugdog:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's China's turn

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

though historically NA wins every TI divisible by 5

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

quote:

Q: Why did u pick Void.

Kaka: Don't wanna talk about it. It's pretty pathetic. Safe-lane said easy lane, sure fat. JT also said: Against Bloodseeker ez game. But min 3 in the game, bot lane say GG cannot lane, come bot help. Top also say GG can't fight come top kill Beast. Then I know GG already.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

turns out my pub experiences aren't that far off from professional play

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Has there been any news on who OG are picking up to replace Midone that I'm just missing? I'm sure people want Ana but I can't imagine he's actually coming back again.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

ChaosReaper posted:

Has there been any news on who OG are picking up to replace Midone that I'm just missing? I'm sure people want Ana but I can't imagine he's actually coming back again.

its almost certainly ana

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChaosReaper posted:

Ana's been playing on someone's smurf in EU it's gonna be him

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Is it me or are the new heroes slightly over tuned? I feel like every pro game i watch has 2-3 of the 10 newest heroes, which shouldn’t be happening with a 100+ hero pool

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

IAmThatIs posted:

Is it me or are the new heroes slightly over tuned? I feel like every pro game i watch has 2-3 of the 10 newest heroes, which shouldn’t be happening with a 100+ hero pool

This has kind of been the case for a long time. The new heroes are always unbelievably busted to the point you cant even pick them in CM, but they're the absolute scourge of pubs. Pangolier, Void Spirit, Willow, Winter Wyvern, Ember Spirit, Earth Spirit, all completely busted as gently caress when released. Then they get a very minor nerf and added into CM where they get picked every game. Honestly Hoodwink is the first exception to the rule

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

A lot of heroes were borderline broken when they were added to Dota 2, not just the relatively new stuff.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Newer is also a relative term. Monkey King is 5 years old at this point.

A lot of the newer heroes tend to have more mobility in their toolkits which has gotten more and more important as players have gotten better and better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The most delightful thing about Dota is that almost every hero has something that feels absurdly strong in the abstract. Even the heroes that everyone considers garbage-tier right now still do at least one crazy thing, it’s just that everything else about them is tuned too far down, or that one thing is a bit too easily countered, or it’s not enough to make up for some other glaring flaw.

Void Spirit is seeing a lot of play, but so is Puck; the meta just loves high-mobility heroes. There are so many ways to boost movement speed/pathing/cast range that, if you start with one of those heroes, you can get yourself to a state by 25 minutes or so where you have a sort of semi-global presence just running across the map. That’s incredibly strong. (It also makes Tinker really hard to play at the pro level, for which we can all give thanks.)