Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

I just don't like it when they bring back queens to All Stars twice or more. People keep calling for Adore to be on again and it's like, she had her shot.

I actually don't mind it at all if they're going to continue doing All Stars every year. Despite being Ru girls, there are a lot of filler queens who were cast with no expectation of making it very far. Each season there are only a handful of queens that are generally worthy of a second shot. You run through those queens pretty quickly the first time around in an All-Stars.

I especially don't blame them for bringing the queens back from the first season of All Stars. Bringing them back from All Stars season 2 does get a little side eye from me, but hell, it's been long enough. Let's see her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just randomly thought about Monet and Monique discussing how to paint a room and :allears:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjvH9qie90

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I love the implication of "All Stars 1 didn't count" lol

i'm okay with it for Pandora Boxx, being paired up with Mimi Imfurst was a really rough hand to be dealt

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yeah go the survivor route with themed all stars and you can manufacture any reason to bring people back

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I don't mind them bringing queens back multiple times as long as they are bringing back other queens first who I haven't seen in longer. Like if they haven't been back since season 10 aired, sure why not. If they've been on my screen recently then... I don't know, let someone else back first.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think that's part of why I'm mostly fine with this AS6 cast. There's quite a few queens from older seasons, many of whom don't get a lot of appreciation from the younger fanbase.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Normy posted:

Yeah go the survivor route with themed all stars and you can manufacture any reason to bring people back

Heroes vs Villains. Cast only those who won Miss Congeniality up against the show's biggest villains. Valentina represents both.

Blood vs Water. Cast alum queens and their drag daughters.

Winners at War. Winners of the show obviously.

Redemption Island. Queens voted off continue to compete in a separate competition, each week one queen sends the other home. Voted off first, but you win six lip syncs in a row? You've earned your spot back in the show.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just randomly thought about Monet and Monique discussing how to paint a room and :allears:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjvH9qie90

everytime I see this it makes me lose my poo poo, both the confidence with which Monet speaks on using a paint roller, and then the fact that Monique just completely ignores that good advice immediately

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

A God drat Ghost posted:

What I really want is [spoiler] another dip in the cool waters of Darienne Lake!

:yeah:

I maintain she is one of the prettiest and most "Wait, that's a drag queen?! I thought that was a cis woman" (I dunno of a good, less-offensive replacement term for "fishy") queens to ever be on the show, but she always gets overlooked for her skinnier counterparts.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The list has my favorite season 3 queen so I'd be okay if she's there. The rest are a little more iffy and I really don't think I could deal with Silky Nutmeg Ganache again either.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The list has my favorite season 3 queen so I'd be okay if she's there. The rest are a little more iffy and I really don't think I could deal with Silky Nutmeg Ganache again either.

Maybe she's humbled herself after seeing how she came off?

I still can't believe she did her eyebrows with Sharpies.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Uuugh I’m fairly new to drag race and have almost watched all past seasons now, but S11 was my last one and you all think Silky is too much for you?? I just finished with her, Jesus Christ

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Maybe she's humbled herself after seeing how she came off?

Judging by her reaction to getting called out for going partying in Mexico last year, I have my doubts.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I CAN believe it. What I can't believe is that it actually turns out looking good.

Check out Bob the Drag Queen's Youtube video trying to recreate Silky's makeup tutorial.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Judging by her reaction to getting called out for going partying in Mexico last year, I have my doubts.

Fill me in. I don't really follow any of the queens on social media, just whatever makes my way through gay twitter. My twitter feed I try and limit it to gay comedians.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Read After Burning posted:

:yeah:

I maintain she is one of the prettiest and most "Wait, that's a drag queen?! I thought that was a cis woman" (I dunno of a good, less-offensive replacement term for "fishy") queens to ever be on the show, but she always gets overlooked for her skinnier counterparts.

When I was at the Haters Roast a couple years back they held my hand as I was about to go up and calmed my nerves cause I was about to meet Jinkx. It was amazing. Forever love em.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Fill me in. I don't really follow any of the queens on social media, just whatever makes my way through gay twitter. My twitter feed I try and limit it to gay comedians.

She and Vanjie were caught at the gay superspreader event in PV where that boat (the Twinktanic) sank. Vanjie at least seemed ashamed when she was caught and laid low after, but Silky made dumb excuses and even mocked people calling her out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/kvw06d/silkys_response_to_people_criticizing_her_for_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/kvuk08/silkys_response_to_the_backlash_after_her_puerto/

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

She and Vanjie were caught at the gay superspreader event in PV where that boat (the Twinktanic) sank. Vanjie at least seemed ashamed when she was caught and laid low after, but Silky made dumb excuses and even mocked people calling her out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/kvw06d/silkys_response_to_people_criticizing_her_for_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/kvuk08/silkys_response_to_the_backlash_after_her_puerto/

Ok. She was never able to handle criticism on the show, and it seems that she still is unable to handle criticism.

I get it. It sucks. I was moved to a new supervisor at work recently, and I turned in a case that I know my old supervisor would have loved, but my new one hated it. It was definitely a blow to my ego, but I know I just have to take her criticism, and apply it to my work going forward.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Heroes vs Villains. Cast only those who won Miss Congeniality up against the show's biggest villains. Valentina represents both.

combine the Heathers with Rolaskatox, Tyra Sanchez and Phi Phi for the villains team i guess

although Roxxxy did have quite a redemptive allstar season. i really loved her that year

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

combine the Heathers with Rolaskatox, Tyra Sanchez and Phi Phi for the villains team i guess

although Roxxxy did have quite a redemptive allstar season. i really loved her that year

I get that, but I will never consider Raja and Manilla villains.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I get that, but I will never consider Raja and Manilla villains.

me neither really. they're two of my faves and the whole Heathers thing evaporated as quickly as it began

Naomi Smalls... now there's a true doomsday heel turn

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

me neither really. they're two of my faves and the whole Heathers thing evaporated as quickly as it began

Naomi Smalls... now there's a true doomsday heel turn

That's a great way to describe Naomi. I would never call her a villain either, but a heel? That's a term that needs to be introduced to Drag Race. I don't watch wrestling, but I'm aware of it through Survivor and Jonny Fairplay

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I get it. It sucks. I was moved to a new supervisor at work recently, and I turned in a case that I know my old supervisor would have loved, but my new one hated it. It was definitely a blow to my ego, but I know I just have to take her criticism, and apply it to my work going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnl3g-dcUms&t=10s

Couldn't resist. But like, maybe getting self-righteous when people say "hey maybe not be terribly irresponsible during a pandemic" is a little different from not getting good feedback at work.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Crystal (from UK, not Methyd) is moving forward with her lawsuit against that right-winger. Is this rear end in a top hat a household name in the UK, or is he fairly obscure? I see he's running for mayor, but...

https://twitter.com/crystalwillseeu/status/1379762364791263237

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

Crystal (from UK, not Methyd) is moving forward with her lawsuit against that right-winger. Is this rear end in a top hat a household name in the UK, or is he fairly obscure? I see he's running for mayor, but...

https://twitter.com/crystalwillseeu/status/1379762364791263237

I've never heard of him, or this situation. Looking at his filmography, I suppose I've seen a couple things he was in, but I don't remember him at all.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Doing a quick scan of Wikipedia, it looks like he may have been most known for being married to the far-more-famous Billie Piper.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

His family has a wikipedia page

Could be a Stephen Baldwin situation

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
He was a not-very-famous-at-all actor then became a quite famous political person because he's the exact sort of rear end in a top hat who gets a constant platform to yell about how he's being silenced.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Ah, the Piers Morgan guide to life!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

DRAGULA SEASON 4 IS GOING TO BE ON SHUDDER

https://deadline.com/2021/04/shudder-acquires-the-boulet-brothers-dragula-season-4-1234727729/

AND IT'S A $100K GRAND PRIZE

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Way more excited for more Dragula than more US Drag Race, that's for sure.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

A new season of Joe Bob Briggs and now this? :dance:

Cheryl!

https://twitter.com/CherylHoleQueen/status/1379163490028564488

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 8, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Werq, Cheryl!

Now we know what's next:

https://twitter.com/WorldOfWonder/status/1379885862909976582?s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

In that same vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ugX-KmhMk

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LW1dfu7PE

I love how thirsty Gottmik is for Jamal Sims but honestly? :same:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

buying a boat lol

"where you goin' bitch?"

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I like that the edit is showing Kandy as a LOT more likeable in these later episodes.

Who are y'all rooting for? I was and still am Team Denali (:() and after she left, I was Team Symone. However, I feel Symone has been floundering a bit, so tonight I am Team Rose!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Torn between Rose or Symone. Gonna have to stay off insta and everything just to be safe as I cant watch it till later. :3:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It seems tonight is not the finale. I'm rooting for Rose who has been killing it lately, but I feel like it's going to be Symone, who I would not be upset about winning. If Kandy or whats her name win, it would be a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I won't be watching live tonight, I assume that we'll have a "You're all going to the Finale!" ending and the show formerly known as Joey Janella's Spring Break will be at the same time.

e: In the Act One preview, Ru says that the winner will be crowned "in two weeks". I assume the expected Reunion/Finale episodes are incoming.