Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lily Catts posted:

Yuma Uchida and Mikako Komatsu?? Nice
Megumi and Maki. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

She wanted someone to help her at family burger and by god she got it

Just thinking of that family burger sequence still makes me laugh.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Just thinking of that family burger sequence still makes me laugh.

Usually, the last cover a series gets in Jump, assuming it's lucky enough to survive to get multiple covers, is for the second to last chapter, when things are hitting a climax and the narrative is nearing its final resolution.

Chainsaw Man's last cover was for Family Burger.

Honestly?

That feels pretty on-brand.

Also, Fujimoto did a picture released after the stream to thank people for supporting Chainsaw Man.

(There's debate online as to the identity of the woman walking away. Looks like Makima with her hair down to me, but there's other schools of thought on the topic.)

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 5, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was anything said about when the manga is coming back?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Remember when Makima got shot in the head by a regular ol' gun and we were like "Oh holy cow she survived that, what a wild thing that was!"

Oh if we had only known what was to come.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I actually thought Makima bit it for one whole chapter (as mentor figures have a very low survival rate in stories)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I actually thought Makima bit it for one whole chapter (as mentor figures have a very low survival rate in stories)

I mean, technically speaking, she didn't buck the trend.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NowonSA posted:

Remember when Makima got shot in the head by a regular ol' gun and we were like "Oh holy cow she survived that, what a wild thing that was!"

Oh if we had only known what was to come.

Did they ever explain what happened with the prisoners that could be sacrificed to autokill anyone and why everyone else had to be blind folded and what contract that was or was it just one of her random powers? I feel like I missed some stuff sometimes.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Eggplant Squire posted:

Did they ever explain what happened with the prisoners that could be sacrificed to autokill anyone and why everyone else had to be blind folded and what contract that was or was it just one of her random powers? I feel like I missed some stuff sometimes.

I also don't really get how "control devil" equates to "finger guns"

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Eggplant Squire posted:

I think a lot of Makima's powers (like the finger guns) came from taking control of people who had contracted with other devils. The character poll has a punishment devil in it (if my browsers autotranslate is right), which might be the one for the prisoner sacrifice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Punishment devil is tendous and she used it. It’s mentioned during the gun devil face off

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Does she have finger guns in the final volume because she's stolen the Gun Devil's powers at that point? Does she use it earlier?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Does she have finger guns in the final volume because she's stolen the Gun Devil's powers at that point? Does she use it earlier?

It's heavily implied she used the finger guns during the train ambush, based on how the bodies of the attackers turn out.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I assumed at the time she somehow mirrored her own injuries or sent the bullets back at her attacks but yeah, that'd make sense. Since they already had Gun Devil pieces maybe she could use some gun powers?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I always had the pet theory that she had always controlled the gun devil to try to get the chainsaw devil into the open. It would explain why it showed up when it did, why she would have been given such a strong roll if humans didn't know she controlled it, and would give her the finger guns as well.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, i usually don't give much thought to popularity polls, but this was a real toughie. so many good choices...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Robviously posted:

I always had the pet theory that she had always controlled the gun devil to try to get the chainsaw devil into the open. It would explain why it showed up when it did, why she would have been given such a strong roll if humans didn't know she controlled it, and would give her the finger guns as well.

Except that she said, to people she had no reason to lie to, that how things went was basically the worst acceptable case, which would be odd if she'd been controlling the whole script.

(We also know that Makima was only middle management when the series started. Again, odd if she had the hole card from the beginning.)

In traditional depictions of the four horsemen, Conquest is depicted with a bow, which also might cover the finger guns. (Pointing let her hit Darkness pretty hard, after all.)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm pretty sure that the Control Devil is just commanding people to be injured. They may be finger guns, but they have the authority of real guns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
makima could be in charge of pretty much anything she wanted. so, being middle management was a deliberate choice.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

makima could be in charge of pretty much anything she wanted. so, being middle management was a deliberate choice.

She was scared of her bosses at the start. I think the risk of voiding the contract at least kept her from making her play until she knew where the Chainsaw was.

Then again, maybe Makima was just taking the Hol Horse view. After all, the midterm results for the poll put her in second place again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she said she was scared. makima said a lot of things.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I can't read Japanese, does the car rank?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Not at the moment. It's Aki, Makima, Denji, Power, Reze, Yoshida, Angel, Himeno, Pochita, and Kobeni. In that order.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I Am Fowl posted:

e: oh no I took too long :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

heard someone suggest denji should list his surname as hayakawa on his school registry

:negative:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Power should never be lower than 1st.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yoshida is just there out of pure thirst, kishibe and quanxi robbed

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Are we just going to ignore the absolute disrespect of Kobeni dropping?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am glad Aki has been correctly placed this time

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The dadfriend on top, as he should be.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Artelier posted:

Are we just going to ignore the absolute disrespect of Kobeni dropping?

I mean, it's Kobeni. Being disrespected is her default state.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
How did Makima appear out of the rats anyways?

I guess maybe she was manipulating the Rat Devil or something

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

As the Control Devil she can control animals such as rats?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Well yeah that makes sense how she used them to spy on people and stuff, but I don't get how she just materialized out of a giant pile of them when Reze was going back to meet Denji.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just assumed she used the contract same way we see her use a bunch of peoples contracts

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
every time I see a post in this thread my heart soars a little then gets crushed like it's icarus

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Makima's conquest, which in some interpretations of the four horsemen becomes pestilence. That fits with controlling rats.

also :yeah:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

every time I see a post in this thread my heart soars a little then gets crushed like it's icarus

Serves you right for having hope. Back in the dumpster with you.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I Am Fowl posted:

Serves you right for having hope. Back in the dumpster with you.

https://twitter.com/tsunderemaids/status/1379929127399133190?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

:yeah: