Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

kntfkr posted:

Probably because he was too busy eating goose pussy, the tosser.

haha

haha i wonder what that tasted/smelled like

Also I hope you're exaggerating because you sound like an rear end in a top hat driver. :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

It reads like he's taking the piss but I don't care enough to check. Some people are that bad.

That dude (Dean Takahashi) is even worse at writing books than playing games. I read two of his books on the development of the Xbox, both were just atrociously badly written, really unfocused and fully uncritical.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Anne Whateley posted:

HAPPY NEWS ABOUT TEETH (really)

They've invented a little tub that holds knocked-out teeth in a special way and solution until you get to the dentist. If you have this thing and you get there fast enough, your odds of keeping them go way way up. The ADA approves it and it costs literally $16.

If you have a first-aid kit or a glove box, this should be in it. Every family and kids' sports team should have one. If you play hockey or you're in a frat, get five.

I used to have nightmares about my teeth falling out. I got one and put it in my nightstand -- no more nightmares.

That's not a referral link above, although it probably should be. It's very neat.

poo poo, I just ordered one for each car. Our kids are active, and one is particularly clumsy so this sounds like a good idea.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Stare-Out posted:

I once cracked a molar in my sleep, not quite sure how it happened but waking up to a loud crunch resonating through your head is a hell of a thing.

You're grinding your teeth. See a dentist about putting a plate in at night to stop it.

I got 2 root canals, a bridge and a fake tooth implant before doing that.

Eventually I cracked the plate too.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kntfkr posted:

One time me and my wife were driving home from work which was a straight shot down the Delaware River and the banks are hellishly infested by illegal immigrant geese who fly down from Canada and they don't respect cars or god-fearing ducks or car horns. Well there's this PA car stopped right after a light at the bottom of a small hill, totally stopped to wait for these geese that are still like 10+ ft away from the road to waddle on up and slowly cross the street. So I crossed the double yellow, sped up and passed that idiot while honking and giving him the finger out the window.

edit: just remembered my wife had her arm out the window flipping the bird as well.

Next day we get into work and the new hire in my office whose second day it was says to me "Boy, you sure hate geese!" and I say "What? Oh yeah... you saw that?" kinda embarrassed like, then he says "Yeah, I saw it. You flipped me off and passed me doing 50 in a 25." Then I berated him for braking for geese and he got fired within a month because he was supposed to be sales and couldn't sell poo poo. Probably because he was too busy eating goose pussy, the tosser.

haha

lol another psychopath casually outing themselves in the schadenfreude thread

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

kntfkr posted:

edit: just remembered my wife had her arm out the window flipping the bird as well.
Kinda wondering given the context if this was something like tipping a cow....

:whoptc:

Fake edit: Before anyone posts Urban Dictionary, I know what flipping the bird is... Look at my avatar.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 7, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Comstar posted:

You're grinding your teeth. See a dentist about putting a plate in at night to stop it.

I got 2 root canals, a bridge and a fake tooth implant before doing that.

Eventually I cracked the plate too.

Could be, but I don't normally grind my teeth which is weird. This was like 15 years ago, I got it fixed and it's been fine since, but I remember the sound it made very well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stare-Out posted:

I once cracked a molar in my sleep, not quite sure how it happened but waking up to a loud crunch resonating through your head is a hell of a thing.

I took a chip out of the corner of my rear left lower molar eating falafel in 2006, and finally this year the tooth cracked all the way through. The dentist was like "interesting, the enamel looks strong and it doesn't look like you grind your teeth, I wonder why it cracked". After I explained to him, he said there wasn't a whole lot I could have done about it apart from what I did, which is spend $1500 on a crown.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Actually my head lay very loving uneasy until I could get in to get the temporary one put on.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Memento posted:

I took a chip out of the corner of my rear left lower molar eating falafel in 2006, and finally this year the tooth cracked all the way through. The dentist was like "interesting, the enamel looks strong and it doesn't look like you grind your teeth, I wonder why it cracked". After I explained to him, he said there wasn't a whole lot I could have done about it apart from what I did, which is spend $1500 on a crown.

That sounds reasonable, it could be I'd already chipped it and just not noticed and finished the job in my sleep. I got it fixed for free too which was nice.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I tried skipping the pages about teeth and now I'm on the goose pussy and teeth page, schaden is me

Geese are cool. Not their fault that humans are walking all over their territory. My first uni was completely overrun with them. eventually people had to get out of their cars to carry those fat ducks off the road because they wouldn't move their asses for people anymore.

(Ties onion to belt)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sound and no, I have no idea what is going on.

https://i.imgur.com/z9F3mRv.mp4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lord Stimperor posted:

Geese are cool. Not their fault that humans are walking all over their territory.

The sky?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lodin posted:

I think it's this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1H7u3wXQI&t=217s

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

:nws:https://www.oglaf.com/roguearsenal/3/:nws:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

And everything beneath it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I saw the same thing, guy didn't even strap his helmet on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Lodin posted:

I think the idea was to propel himself w/ the carbonation, like using a fire extinguisher.

Also, after really biffing it, in the last few years I've gotten so much better at oral hygiene and jeepers it is worth it. Also I do 3x cleanings annually as two are covered by my insurance and the 3rd is a "treat" for myself. If I ever ended up w/ kids, they would be so on top of flossing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You have to start them out small with something like the chicken dance, you can't go straight to flossing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also, after really biffing it, in the last few years I've gotten so much better at oral hygiene and jeepers it is worth it. Also I do 3x cleanings annually as two are covered by my insurance and the 3rd is a "treat" for myself. If I ever ended up w/ kids, they would be so on top of flossing.

Yeah, I really got to hate dentists and their "it'll only hurt a little bit" bullshit. Mouth pain sucks, and so I stopped going for years. I broke a tooth on a bone chip in dried sausage and had to find one quick. I searched really well and found one that is awesome. Now I go for cleanings twice a year and my oral health is great.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There was someone in a previous iteration of this thread that told a story about chipping their front teeth because they saw a large hard white object in a chicken nugget and decided to bite into it.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

It is and I love him, definitely a pro sub for schad

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

haha i wonder what that tasted/smelled like

Also I hope you're exaggerating because you sound like an rear end in a top hat driver. :-/

GBS 'i hate animals and i'm a psycho' oversharing post. So common and trite these days it might just be a fakepost

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cable Guy posted:

Kinda wondering given the context if this was something like tipping a cow....

:whoptc:

Fake edit: Before anyone posts Urban Dictionary, I know what flipping the bird is... Look at my avatar.

:siren: Personal schadenfreude :siren:

I went cow tipping exactly once as a kid. Most of them were either lying down or walking around awake, but we did find one that seemed to be sleeping on it's feet. I, being 13, didn't understand that tipping over a cow was not gonna be like tipping over an empty garbage can but more so like tipping over a small car. So when I pushed the cow it didn't so much as budge, I slipped and fell into what I will insist was "mud" until my dying day, and then the now awake slightly perturbed cow just kinda walked away.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Who'd you go with? They were pranking you

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

:siren: Personal schadenfreude :siren:

I went cow tipping exactly once as a kid. Most of them were either lying down or walking around awake, but we did find one that seemed to be sleeping on it's feet. I, being 13, didn't understand that tipping over a cow was not gonna be like tipping over an empty garbage can but more so like tipping over a small car. So when I pushed the cow it didn't so much as budge, I slipped and fell into what I will insist was "mud" until my dying day, and then the now awake slightly perturbed cow just kinda walked away.

Holy schnikes

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

lol another psychopath casually outing themselves in the schadenfreude thread

That's standard reaction a NJ driver has to someone from PA driving in their state, geese or not.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
People from New Jersey aren't allowed to pump their own gas so they need to take control of their lives in other ways.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

HEY IM WALKIN ERE BADABING

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Garrand posted:

One of these days someone is going to post a video and we'll all watch as a goose suddenly gets loving obliterated by a predator or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0bDZmNsW8

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Geese poo poo all over golf courses so can they really be that bad?

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Push El Burrito posted:

Geese poo poo all over golf courses so can they really be that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DuvTadLHI

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

oh dope posted:

This reminds me of this girl I met once at a party ~20 years ago. She was my age, 16 or so, and she mentioned to one of her friends that she needed to clean her dentures. Turns out her top four teeth were completely false. I was naturally curious why a 16 year old would need dentures.

She was 11 years old and at the water park with her family. One fateful trip down a particular water slide, she decide sliding down on her back wasn't fun enough, so she flipped over on her stomach. There was a sudden dip in the slide, and she caught her top teeth on one of the seams between the slide segments.

Edited for spoiler tags, sorry

Christ that sounds awful, wow.

When I was in high school I met a kid who had bashed out his entire front uppers doing BMX or dirt biking or something. Only notable because he could open beer bottles with his teeth, effortlessly

that smile tho lmao

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

While this is funny it's super gross how the news likes to splash the mugshots of sex workers disproportionately more than other offenders.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Leslie Nope!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

While this is funny it's super gross how the news likes to splash the mugshots of sex workers disproportionately more than other offenders.

also it's super gross how she peed all over the place like that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Does a sexual act withtowards cops count as beastiality?:mrapig:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
wow an unsourced headline of a bizarre thing happening with no location or anything, probably very real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trabant posted:

Leslie Nope!

Amy Poler

edit:
As in "one who poles." You know, because strippers use poles. Figure it's always the jokes you have to explain that are the most rewarding!