Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DC Murderverse posted:

Why are we acting as if this is actually made for 17 year olds and not an incredibly obvious art-film take on internet stardom? It’s a movie made by a Coppola with Jason Schwartzman in it, you dummies are literally the target audience here. Is it the emojis popping out of the screen? Does that scare you?

It’s not like the actual feature films made by YouTubers, it’s A24 Does Influencers

if we are the audience then the film is missing bigtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

if we are the audience then the film is missing bigtime

One look at the reviews for this movie confirm this

It’s not “a Gen z movie” but it’s also not good

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"Guys guys, stop saying our Cruella movie is a Joker ripoff. It's clearly not. That's just mean.

It's a Devil Wears Prada ripoff."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZeVAGI4lE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God this movie is trying so hard to be all YASS KWEEN focus grouped to hell and back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

"Guys guys, stop saying our Cruella movie is a Joker ripoff. It's clearly not. That's just mean.

It's a Devil Wears Prada ripoff."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZeVAGI4lE

That's what I figured from the first trailer, clearly from the way the characters are dressed it's about the high fashion world. But that is promising IMO, the Joker after all is just an 'art criminal', it's not a bad premise to rip off.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We're starting to see something out of that Netflix deal with Mark Millar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3IAqm-gpE

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The MSJ posted:

What if "Not-Justice-League" got old and had kids? Looks interesting.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well at least it doesn't look cheap. But I'm not exactly the prime demo here. It'll gobble up those Maleficent bucks.

DC Murderverse posted:

One look at the reviews for this movie confirm this

It’s not “a Gen z movie” but it’s also not good

Yeaah by "a gen z movie" I more meant a movie acknowledging that gen z exists, not a movie created by or aimed at gen z. I'm just facetiously lamenting the passing of time, really.

I'm sure that when teenagers today become filmmakers we'll see some really interesting and innovative stuff by them that blurs lines between new and traditional media and upends our definition of cinema and yadda yadda. But in the meantime I'm allowed to be feel tired due to movies about social media influencers.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

The MSJ posted:

The world is changing, so we will have to change with it = Ninja Lady In JAPAN!

So what would you do if you were calling the shots? BIGGER PUCH

I'm sure I will watch it, but ffs, this poo poo has been done to death.

When I saw the ad on Netflix it was only a picture and I thought it was the much anticipated sequel to international smash hit Jupiter Ascending :v:

Collateral fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 7, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m kind of tired of cape poo poo. Mark Millar is not a selling point. Meh, pass

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/theplaylist/status/1379791932688326656?s=21

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Collateral posted:

The world is changing, so we will have to change with it = Ninja Lady In JAPAN!

Yep. Closed out of the trailer at that moment.

"Hey, remember the first film???"

Not a good sign. At least they act like gremlins.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 7, 2021

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
At least the goats will be happy

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

...oh dear.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The Jupiter's Legacy comics are *great* so I'm cautiously optimistic about the show

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Under the Silver Lake 2: TikTok Troubles

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont know about you Ghostheads, but when I watch Ghostbusters: Afterlife, there's only one brand of ice cream i'll be eating!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

People were so loving angry at Lady Ghostbusters they made this. Good job.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is that just a Paul rudd cameo or does he have a larger role?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlueBayou posted:

The Jupiter's Legacy comics are *great* so I'm cautiously optimistic about the show

But Mark Millar sucks.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks pretty crappy but tiny Stay Puft man pulling himself further onto the skewer was a nice touch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there are so many comic book writers i despise and they keep on giving them adapations. why can't they do stuff for the ones i like.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Nah that was bad too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

there are so many comic book writers i despise and they keep on giving them adapations. why can't they do stuff for the ones i like.

Comics make barely any money so the only writers with clout lucked into having a good adaptation (Kick-rear end, 300, The Boys/The version of The Punisher every adaptation uses) in a medium that makes money

Also I guess Alan Moore, who is genie cursed to get a hundred adaptations he doesnt like & are usually forgotten

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

RBX posted:

Nah that was bad too.
Absolutely dreadful, but bad enough to justify whatever this movie is gonna be? Doubtful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Im someone who thought it was funnier then the original but a way worse movie. im measuring funnier by the fact i like outloud 4 times instead of like, once.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I don't know. Paul Rudd has a pleasant style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8

See?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

caligulamprey posted:

Absolutely dreadful, but bad enough to justify whatever this movie is gonna be? Doubtful.

There was no way it was ever going to be good so I'm hoping it's even worse than the 2016 movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Also I guess Alan Moore, who is genie cursed to get a hundred adaptations he doesnt like & are usually forgotten

Where is out 100% faithful version of Lost Girls, Hollywood? What possible reason could you have for not adapting that??

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MacheteZombie posted:

Is that just a Paul rudd cameo or does he have a larger role?

In the actually already released trailer for it, Paul Rudd is the teacher of one of the kids. He's a supporting character in the movie.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Accretionist posted:

I don't know. Paul Rudd has a pleasant style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8

See?

Still the best promo ever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Paul Rudd is a loving national treasure. But even he can be in a bad movie. (Though checking his IMDb page, god drat, he has one hell of a good ratio. Like, yeah, he was in Sausage Party, I guess, but just barely, I think, so I don't really blame him for that movie.)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

feedmyleg posted:

Where is out 100% faithful version of Lost Girls, Hollywood? What possible reason could you have for not adapting that??

i'm sure lots of execs have pushed for it, judging by the stories we hear about Weinstein and others

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was in Wanderlust which wasn't great but still managed to create a legendary scene

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

David Wain can do no wrong.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
this looks solid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6VNNjBkcE

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

thrawn527 posted:

Paul Rudd is a loving national treasure. But even he can be in a bad movie. (Though checking his IMDb page, god drat, he has one hell of a good ratio. Like, yeah, he was in Sausage Party, I guess, but just barely, I think, so I don't really blame him for that movie.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9oUsgTmbE&t=198s

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's interesting to learn Paul Rudd peaked in the year 2000...there's basically NO WAY he's been in a better movie than "GEN Y COPS" since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah I'll gently caress with that.