Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just to clarify, I don’t disagree things are hosed, I just don’t want to keep hearing about it. I liked listening to eps with wacky stories such as the New York to Paris Car Race and if people think there are more relevant things to talk about that’s ok, but I have my own mental health to think about, especially considering I don’t live in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AceOfFlames posted:

Just to clarify, I don’t disagree things are hosed, I just don’t want to keep hearing about it. I liked listening to eps with wacky stories such as the New York to Paris Car Race and if people think there are more relevant things to talk about that’s ok, but I have my own mental health to think about, especially considering I don’t live in the US.

I miss the hosed up gilded age poo poo. https://books.google.com/books/about/Breeding_Training_Management_Diseases_c.html?id=FYMCAAAAYAAJ My gf found this hosed up old dog book with hosed up poo poo like how spitz dogs are sluts and how pugs will be extinct soon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

stealie72 posted:

Anyone who thinks biden isn't better than trump is at best being obtuse, and at worst shouldn't have been allowed to graduate 8th grade.

Keep telling yourself that, you might even believe it's true eventually.

But it's not. Dave's latest rant in WWT kinda proves it with the Honduras Biden plan.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gentlemen, please! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

SalTheBard posted:

Also if anyone can point me to some video compression software thats free and easy to use I would appreciate it. I'm literally doing a screen record using my graphics card and the raw files are like 8+ gigs in size.

Professional video editor here. Use Handbrake.

https://handbrake.fr/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Binowru posted:

Professional video editor here. Use Handbrake.

https://handbrake.fr/

Cheers!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It’s not that it’s wrong to be upset about poo poo being poo poo. It’s just the dude needs to take a break or something before he burns all his bridges or gets a knock on the door for making a threat, also the stimulus stuff was good and the infrastructure stuff coming looks good.

Nothing has gotten better, the same people are running the same cruel systems that cause nothing but human misery. You just being able to ignore it more because the man at the top is less outwardly evil and absurd doesn't mean things are actually getting better. All the same poo poo that was heading down a path to destruction and oblivion is still going on at the same rate, except now everyone that was making GBS threads their pants the last 4 years is saying "Actually it's fine now."

Like if you think Biden is any better than you really don't anything about history or anything Biden has personally done. Which is weird because I"m pretty sure that's been covered at least partially on the podcast this thread is about.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really enjoyed part 2 of Cabeza de Vaca.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
It's very white of people to say that Biden is the same as Trump.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nothing has gotten better, the same people are running the same cruel systems that cause nothing but human misery. You just being able to ignore it more because the man at the top is less outwardly evil and absurd doesn't mean things are actually getting better. All the same poo poo that was heading down a path to destruction and oblivion is still going on at the same rate, except now everyone that was making GBS threads their pants the last 4 years is saying "Actually it's fine now."

Like if you think Biden is any better than you really don't anything about history or anything Biden has personally done. Which is weird because I"m pretty sure that's been covered at least partially on the podcast this thread is about.

The Clarence Thomas episode. Biden's not just capable of cruelty, he's ineffectual too.

All in the name of bipartisanship, which doesn't work because Republicans don't care about decorum, or working together, or anything other than retaining power.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Veskit posted:

Yeah tbf Biden was way way worse for the non-white parts of the world. They didn't call it the Biden Plan in Honduras for nothing!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Veskit posted:

yea Trump was a private sector segregationist, Biden was a federal level one

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Joe Biden is the worst human being to have ever lived and anyone who says any less is just as bad as him. I am not a crackpot.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I get a scary vibe from Dave sometimes. Like, someday he could commit a murder-suicide to spare his family from climate change. I don't think he will, but I certain can't imagine Laurie Kilmartin or Patton Oswalt killing their kids.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

RandomPauI posted:

I get a scary vibe from Dave sometimes. Like, someday he could commit a murder-suicide to spare his family from climate change. I don't think he will, but I certain can't imagine Laurie Kilmartin or Patton Oswalt killing their kids.

I think he's past it... Think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4vHNwXgCQ&t=3779s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:yikes:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RandomPauI posted:

I do think he really needs therapy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I feel like Dave, much like myself, sometimes has difficulty regulating his emotions.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

This. That’s why i worry when I listen to him get super loving upset over and over twitter or his podcasts. It’s not mentally healthy to stare into abyss constantly. I know this personally because of my gf and with her it’s not even related to politics directly. It’s sad. Dudes funny as gently caress is funny as gently caress and drat insightful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Veskit posted:

Not, it's extremely white to act like the super-racist putting people in concentration camps is better for non-white people because he's polite about it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

lol this is such an insane post

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Having never consumed alcohol but aware of Malort. Dave and Garreth's reactions to taking a shot of it at the start of 'American's First Crematorium' matches everything I've read and been told about how it would taste.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

lol this is such an insane post

Dave's an insane guy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Having never consumed alcohol but aware of Malort. Dave and Garreth's reactions to taking a shot of it at the start of 'American's First Crematorium' matches everything I've read and been told about how it would taste.

Having listened to that dead body funeral lady’s YouTube. It sounds like they are still pretty hosed up at times. Apperently it’s super industrialized and impersonal.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Having listened to that dead body funeral lady’s YouTube. It sounds like they are still pretty hosed up at times. Apperently it’s super industrialized and impersonal.

I feel like that is at least in part a coping mechanism to dealing with grief and loss constantly. I try to depersonalize patients a lot in the trauma bay because its easier to just think of it as a case, or a problem that needs solved. The trouble is when that becomes non-situational or just how you act with everyone. Its tough to both throw up and immediately tear down a wall so it carches up with you one way or another.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

swickles posted:

I feel like that is at least in part a coping mechanism to dealing with grief and loss constantly. I try to depersonalize patients a lot in the trauma bay because its easier to just think of it as a case, or a problem that needs solved. The trouble is when that becomes non-situational or just how you act with everyone. Its tough to both throw up and immediately tear down a wall so it carches up with you one way or another.

its less the people involved burn out and more the method and the aesthetic. apparently they basically take you into a boiler room with and industrial furnace and toss your loved one in and such. i mean id prefer to be burned big pyre style but like only one in the states apparently.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Dollop fell out of my normal listening routine because Dave can be a lot. He's not wrong in most of his beliefs, but there's also a level of cynicism there that I just can't deal with on a regular basis.

Digital Jedi posted:

It's not pleasant, but it's honestly not that bad. I only recently tried Campari for the first time and found that it's basically just a less intense Malort with food coloring, yet people love that stuff.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Masochism is real because Malort has an audience.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Dollop fell out of my normal listening routine because Dave can be a lot. He's not wrong in most of his beliefs, but there's also a level of cynicism there that I just can't deal with on a regular basis.

yeah. for my depressing lefty politiccasts i listen to worst year ever or we don't speak german. German is good even great at points but holy gently caress it takes them a long time to get to stuff or point at times. like going into the weeds is fun but they kinda suck at it sometimes.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The west wing thing is a sometimes listen for me these days because its just so relentlessly negative.

Having said that its extremely not normal to think a guy is on the verge of murder suicide because they get angry for the correct reasons on a podcast.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What about when he said on another show, linked a few posts up even, that he would've killed other people and himself if he'd had access to a gun? Everyone please stop being assholes and move the gently caress on you loving babies.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What about when he said on another show, linked a few posts up even, that he would've killed other people and himself if he'd had access to a gun? Everyone please stop being assholes and move the gently caress on you loving babies.

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Do it, moron.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I did. And announced it in internet speak.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Imp of Nipples posted:

I did. And announced it in internet speak.

Ok do better than being this way. Like, as a person.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I legit have no idea what you're on about. But keep being angry I suppose.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

youre insane lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

c-spam, but a podcast thread

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So how about that new episode? It was pretty crazy wasn't it? Dave wasn't kidding at the end of part 1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol at the little HUAC committee forming in this thread