Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the final spread is a colossal titan with a huge fuckin boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

kidcoelacanth posted:

new thread title

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

kidcoelacanth posted:

I appreciate what you've done, but you missed an opportunity for punnery. The final spread is colossal rear end cheeks. (Armin can marry Annie and have a ring.)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ColossalGoatse.titan

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i love characterization that was never established occurring in the final chapter

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder what the original ending was before Isayama cried at the ending of Guardians of the Galaxy and changed it. Would be interested in hearing him describe it in a postmortem interview

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

hatty posted:

I wonder what the original ending was before Isayama cried at the ending of Guardians of the Galaxy and changed it. Would be interested in hearing him describe it in a postmortem interview

Wait he did what now? Did that movie end in a way too close to his idea?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I haven’t seen those movies I just remember an interview back in 2018 that he abandoned his “the mist” ending for a more hopeful one after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Never heard of that

So we are getting the " hopeful one"? Now Im even more curious for the last chapter, to see how the hell he is pulling something "hopeful" from that situation

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’ll probably be more hopeful than “everyone dies the end” like the mist did which’s isn’t hard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That interview occurred as of like chapter 50 or so. So most of the story was developed after he had decided against it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Raws are out, translation probably imminent.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Very funny chapter, top notch comedy right here

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
https://manatoki95.net/comic/7614557

Raws

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

so close but must not click, must wait for sketchy fan translation

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes.... there are a few panels here you'll really want to see translated.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Game of Thrones Season 8.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Been following AoT since 2013, and I can say this ending is as bad as GoT or even worse.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I started but enh gotta wait for something I can read

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
what was the point of the stupid worm? did they kill it off panel or something? lmao

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
not sure what grisha saw in this ending that changed his mind

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

It all went downhill after the pie panel.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In It For The Tank posted:

Game of Thrones Season 8.
Seriously? That bad?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Seriously? That bad?

Its not even translated yet!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm gonna admit some real Mass Effect 3 vibes in that I was mostly ok with everything, not amazed, until the ending careened off a cliff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurubin posted:

I'm gonna admit some real Mass Effect 3 vibes in that I was mostly ok with everything, not amazed, until the ending careened off a cliff.
Isayama planned this chapter for how many years???

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
lol

Guess it’s time to stop watching this thread till the quality scanlation’s out

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

no hot takes allowed in here unless you’re able to translate :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Discord did.

They sighted a sequel hook. :suicide:

Also:

What Happun posted:

Me personally, Eren’s motivation was thrown out the window and Ymir is suddenly in love with her rapist. Eren’s entire character, which originally was “I don’t want to destroy the world, but its clear now I can’t escape faith, and I want to protect the people I love and achieve freedom. I will not back down and let anyone take my freedom away, even if it means destroying the world Armin and I dreamed about seeing one day, the whole reason why I joined the Survey Corps” to “why wont Mikasa love me?!?!”

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 7, 2021

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am hoping the spoilers was bs. Because atm :derp:

I feel like I got put into a comic entirely separate from what was going on

Annointed fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 7, 2021

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Its actually WORSE after reading some of the translations. Holy poo poo.
edit: I think this retroactively ruins the rest of the series for me. Its that bad.

Eren : ...Why did I do all this anyways...

Eren : ...I forgot...

Eren : ...it's just that I wanted to do it... I wanted to do it a lot...

mightygerm fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 7, 2021

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My hope is that it’s like Negima where it had a troll ending before the good ending.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Annointed posted:

My hope is that it’s like Negima where it had a troll ending before the good ending.

Grouchio posted:

Isayama planned this chapter for how many years???

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Feels entirely antithetical to what happened for the past entire story and I don’t see how this chapter relates to Guardians of the Galaxy at all. Not volume one or two.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The ending is poo poo but I'm having a great time watching the drama. No one is happy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still think we need to wait for translation before judging.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Relin posted:

not sure what grisha saw in this ending that changed his mind

Once again I am pretty sure Grisha was not in control of his actions when he injected Eren and fed himself to him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

what was the point of the stupid worm? did they kill it off panel or something? lmao

Pretty sure I was right, that Eren's death killed it, and it could not survive without it's host.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pretty sure I was right, that Eren's death killed it, and it could not survive without it's host.

I agree with this, but christ, one shot of it dying as Eren died would have been nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurubin posted:

I agree with this, but christ, one shot of it dying as Eren died would have been nice.

We actually see it dying in the background disintegrating.