Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Gee, you'd think after months of loving up achievements for their PvE bullshit they'd fix it so you wouldn't have to do the adventures over again after finishing them the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Kibler said on Twitter that he had like an 80% win rate against Secret Paladin, and wondered if people are just pretty bad at not playing into Paladin secrets atm.

I have noticed that at least right now, people are triggering Galloping and seem to have zero plans for the new 3/4

enki42 posted:

Definitely I feel like no one is really thinking about counterplay right now. There's zero weapon removal out there, despite weapons being pretty core to the gameplans of Warrior, Rogue and Paladin (not that Warrior is really in the meta much, but still), and people do all sorts of dumb stuff against paladin secrets, like taking out 1-1s when there's another minion on board and a secret up (triggering Avenge), or dumping all their mana and not testing for Oh my Yogg at all, even when they're not really in a desperate position, or like I mentioned earlier, leaving Silver Hand Recruits up when they could be pinged down with a hero power.

Sounds to me like maybe everyone's playing DoL mage, which secret paladin does very well against, giving the impression that Secret Paladin needs a nerf while DoL mage isn't as big of an issue, even though for most other decks DoL is a disastrous matchup while Secret Paladin isn't that bad if you're good at playing around the secrets.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Secret paladin's WR is definitely inflated by good matchup versus mage, but it still has a ridiculous amount of early tempo that makes playing against it a miserable experience for normal decks. Even if you're being thoughtful about playing around things, there's so many times it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't". And then if you do manage to survive to mid game, their deck is now full of just the good draws.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
For the record I do think SoF is broken as balls and needs a nerf, I just don’t think the rest of Paladin is really causing a lot of problems. The only thing I’d see nerfed that would affect them is Pen Flinger, and honestly not having to worry about Rogue bursting me down before I can play Hope or whatever is something I’d call a win.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Not sure how they'll handle SoF. Reducing it to 1/2 means it's still strong. Most decks only run 5 secrets so the third swing is dead sometimes anyway. The deck thinning element is the strongest, so I think changing it to draw a secret or reduce costs of a secret in hand will probably kill the card.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Maybe make it something like a 3 mana 2/2 instead? I'm just thinking that'd make it similar power-level to Livewire Lance.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The deck thinning isn't important, it's that it's ~5 mana of value on a 2 mana card (and you get almost 2 mana of value out of it on the very first turn you play it). Even a 1 mana nerf would be a really big deal if they still wanted the card to be crazy strong.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Don't forget it's not unusual for Paladins to have 3+ Librams of Hope for 6 Mana. That's a lot of heal and taunts.

Speaking of which ... what time is it?
It's motherfucking TOPDECK O'CLOCK!
(Not a Paladin, I'm aware.)

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 7, 2021

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Lunacy Rogue is going to be my answer to Lunacy Mage for the rest of the week: https://youtu.be/96NzfpGJY9g

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Wow this warrior deck in the brawl is super annoying. Just 100% focused on Rush and has 2 "draw weapon" spells even though it also only has 2x one weapon. Actually queued into the mirror match which probably didn't help matters. Almost died of boredom, died of fatigue instead

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Mage mirror match is also really dull, it's the hero power/secrets package so there's absolutely no burn

the game I played basically came down to us each pinging each other until one of us died

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Secret paladin isn't as good nowadays. I went from a 68% WR and tanked hard this week, including two aggro decks, lunacy mage that drew the nuts, control warlocks, and an oh my yogg that turned the enemy spell into humility allowing them to get past 2 taunts for exact lethal. People are absolutely teaching against it easily.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

a lot of paladin scum in this thread...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Can we take a moment and talk about the biggest lie in Hearthstone?

I'm talking about this button right here:

That button has never, not a single godamn time, reconnected me to the game. It's literally a button that should say "shut down hearthstone so you can restart it manually."

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Fenarisk posted:

Secret paladin isn't as good nowadays. I went from a 68% WR and tanked hard this week, including two aggro decks, lunacy mage that drew the nuts, control warlocks, and an oh my yogg that turned the enemy spell into humility allowing them to get past 2 taunts for exact lethal. People are absolutely teaching against it easily.

Toward the end of my run with it I was getting a lot of the new 4/3 that plays copies of the opponents secrets. Youd think that would be hard to play against since now the opponent knows you have an oh my yogg but they still played a twisting nether right into it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Elysium posted:

Can we take a moment and talk about the biggest lie in Hearthstone?

I'm talking about this button right here:

That button has never, not a single godamn time, reconnected me to the game. It's literally a button that should say "shut down hearthstone so you can restart it manually."

It's worked for me a few times on PC but it seems to depend on how long it's been 'disconnected' for. It's never worked for me on mobile.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

No Wave posted:

a lot of paladin scum in this thread...

It's funny cause last expansion I went with Paladin and No Spell Mage because I had all the cards for them. And now those decks were OP, but I hate playing them. But also don't have the cards to construct anything new that would fit my play style better.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm playing it right now to tide me over while the meta shakes out and i know what to craft. Only needed a Kazakus for Libram Paladin as it was. My MVP of the rotation is Bladed Cultist because First day of School loves to give it me.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I feel like Kazakus golem has never really helped me win a game. Just kind of a win more card.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the swing granted by deal damage to two enemy minions + poisonous is funny, and also if you have an absolutely gigantic brain it's hilarious to make a 10-cost golem right before the druid you're against casts celestial alignment. otherwise, yeah, not very inspiring

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I got a win with one where I had an opponent down to 10 hp but the only way I had to finish was if I managed to roll stealth on a 10/10 golem and the other guy couldn't kill me on their turn. It worked out (I summoned a copy as well) but I felt pretty lucky afterward.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I feel like Kazakus golem has never really helped me win a game. Just kind of a win more card.

It helped me win against the "turn your poo poo into a 3/3" guy in the new PvE challenge. Getting Stealth was the only way to keep something on board and unchanged heading into the subsequent turn.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fenarisk posted:

These are not examples of people teching against secret paladin, and actually are examples that support the fact that the deck is nuts good.

Secret Paladin is insanely favored against aggro decks, like 70-30 or 80-20 in some cases. It's also 60-40 vs Control Warlock. So yea boo hoo sorry you couldn't maintain 68% WR, but even at 56% or so the deck is Tier S.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Haven’t played in a while, since around the time they added the Demon Hunter. Have some gold to spend, do I want to just buy packs from the expansion or should I get this (outdated?) mini bundle with a set of cards for 2k gold?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I dunno it's quite nice for curving into 2x 5/5 Rushes vs aggro or a 5/5 stealth that draws 2 vs control. Just got my 1000th Paladin win with this thing and hit Diamond 5 so I'll probably call it there for a bit, don't want to contribute to the nerf demands too much.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Blasmeister posted:

I dunno it's quite nice for curving into 2x 5/5 Rushes vs aggro or a 5/5 stealth that draws 2 vs control. Just got my 1000th Paladin win with this thing and hit Diamond 5 so I'll probably call it there for a bit, don't want to contribute to the nerf demands too much.
Yeah I murdered what was, I suppose, a new try at Face Hunter this morning by curving into 2x 5/5 Lifesteal.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I don’t do this often but shadowstepped 1 mana golem is 1 mana draw 2. I’d only do this if I’m close to lethal and am missing damage, usually it’s 5 mana stealth draw 2, which is quite op too.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 8, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's funny cause last expansion I went with Paladin and No Spell Mage because I had all the cards for them. And now those decks were OP, but I hate playing them. But also don't have the cards to construct anything new that would fit my play style better.

No spell mage would be interesting. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Have we forgotten book of spectres so soon!?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

That how I operate as well. I don't want to win with the best deck. I wanna win with a tier 2 or 3 deck. I want to win with style.

anyways back to my murloc shaman.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

I can honestly say, yes I have.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

That's a spell!!!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I need to play some more games with it to be sure, but even mage in wild seems like a real deck and this card here is actually good:

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Tournament_Medic

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Acerbatus posted:

No spell mage would be interesting. :v:

Let's make it happen!

Shwqa posted:

That how I operate as well. I don't want to win with the best deck. I wanna win with a tier 2 or 3 deck. I want to win with style.

anyways back to my murloc shaman.

Caring about winning also makes me crazy, so I want to play decks that aren't supposed to be good so if I lose, hey, wasn't supposed to win anyway!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Caring about winning also makes me crazy, so I want to play decks that aren't supposed to be good so if I lose, hey, wasn't supposed to win anyway!

Exactly! I'm not terrible, the deck is terrible. And no I can't play a good deck to test this theory.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Strawberry Panda posted:

This is why, for the last two months before rotation, any time I played in Standard I was playing 100% Envoy Rustwix Warlock (with double Felosophy).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

L0cke17 posted:

I need to play some more games with it to be sure, but even mage in wild seems like a real deck and this card here is actually good:

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Tournament_Medic

Does that get triggered by playing the new 3/5 too?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

Haven’t played in a while, since around the time they added the Demon Hunter. Have some gold to spend, do I want to just buy packs from the expansion or should I get this (outdated?) mini bundle with a set of cards for 2k gold?

Is that the Darkmoon Fare mini bundle? It's good value for the amount of cards you get but not many of them are going to be very helpful as they aren't really meta critical.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Does that get triggered by playing the new 3/5 too?

Sadly no. But when your deck is built around hero powering 2-4 times a turn the lifegain is real good.

Also it's a 4 cost minion to check for explosive runes without taking damage :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Can someone explain to me why Ice Walker and reckless apprentice doesnt end up with the enemy board frozen?

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Walker

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/cards/63059-reckless-apprentice/

Every other hero power buff seems to apply (i.e. damage increases), so why doesn't the freeze?