Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yusin posted:

Wonder what the next member of the Seven will be like.

Tokugawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean all of liyue is super hosed up and unwoke the thing with the kid wanting perfume isn't even top thirty.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RealFoxy posted:

They just did a big oopsie by not updating the quest text where a man talks about building a boat because he's in love with Flora.

Either that or Venti may want to rethink his libertarian policy

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I feel like Venti and Zhongli both accept being fired from the thousand year jobs gleefully and get to retire drunk / poor for some reason

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The flora thing was funny during windblume when she talks with the kid from the cathedral and one speaks normal and the other speaks like a dumb kid despite them looking identical

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yusin posted:

Wonder what the next member of the Seven will be like.

Stranglehood on her puppetstrings controlling all of the people of Inazuma if the rumors of her rounding up Vision holders are to be believed. Or am I getting that mixed up with Sumeru?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

I mean all of liyue is super hosed up and unwoke the thing with the kid wanting perfume isn't even top thirty.

If people gonna get this upset about the hillichurls I reserve my right to choose this hill to die upon!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Stranglehood on her puppetstrings controlling all of the people of Inazuma if the rumors of her rounding up Vision holders are to be believed. Or am I getting that mixed up with Sumeru?

No, that's right. She's a hyper isolationist who believes in like divine purity or whatever so has confiscated all the visions because she doesn't think mortals should be allowed to have them.

e:Baal is her name.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I will personally go Conrad on all these hillichurlian savages and exterminate the brutes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pope Urbane II posted:

I will personally go Conrad on all these hillichurlian savages and exterminate the brutes.
I'm not sure I approve but I know Paimon does!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

No, that's right. She's a hyper isolationist who believes in like divine purity or whatever so has confiscated all the visions because she doesn't think mortals should be allowed to have them.

e:Baal is her name.

the vision confiscation thing seems like it's written as a fantasy version of the actual sword confiscation policies that were tried in japan a few times

kater
Nov 16, 2010

baal is the reason no electro characters have been released since launch.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

the vision confiscation thing seems like it's written as a fantasy version of the actual sword confiscation policies that were tried in japan a few times

Yeah, Inazuma is clearly based on Japan from around that time period (at least from what we know as of yet). My response of "Tokugawa" was only part joking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

If this were the kinda game with tons of bespoke single use animations, I'd love if we got there and found all the experiments Baal has tasked the people with carrying our to separate people from their Visions.

All of them constantly warping back onto them afterwards like Keyblades when you try and take them.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
China-Japan relations are historically fraught, but miHoYo is also made up of huge weebs. So it'll be interesting to see how the portrayal of Inazuma and its Sengoku-era(?) inspiration pans out.

Garrand posted:

Tokugawa

Baal is supposedly adding all the confiscated Visions to an enormous statue, which is kinda like the big Buddha statue that Hideyoshi (ostensibly) planned to make from all the swords taken during his regime's sword hunt. Maybe there'll be other elements drawn from Hideyoshi as well.

Also: there's a 100% chance that they're going to have a Nobunaga analogue play a prominent part in the Inazuma backstory. He's like a superstar of that rough period of history.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Whatever Ayaka is, she's apparently super important they're delaying her just because of Inazuma.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

China-Japan relations are historically fraught, but miHoYo is also made up of huge weebs. So it'll be interesting to see how the portrayal of Inazuma and its Sengoku-era(?) inspiration pans out.

Baal is supposedly adding all the confiscated Visions to an enormous statue, which is kinda like the big Buddha statue that Hideyoshi (ostensibly) planned to make from all the swords taken during his regime's sword hunt. Maybe there'll be other elements drawn from Hideyoshi as well.

Also: there's a 100% chance that they're going to have a Nobunaga analogue play a prominent part in the Inazuma backstory. He's like a superstar of that rough period of history.

As long as we can roll notNobunaga.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean, tokugawa japan traded extensively with china through nagasaki all through sakoku, so there's at least one big thing different right there

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tae posted:

Whatever Ayaka is, she's apparently super important they're delaying her just because of Inazuma.

I believe the rumor is that she's the daughter of the shogun currently running the country.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My first (and probably only) level 10 skill.

I play mobile like 99% of the time so a phat rear end shield helps so drat much.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I play mobile like 99% of the time so a phat rear end shield helps so drat much.

Good luck with the salary cap after spending that much on your franchise player. I got meteor to 9 and saving for 10 but jfc scrimping ain't easy.

I love Noelle's shield on mobile quite a bit. Knockback resistance is a pretty huge quality of life upgrade when you're a million years old like me and have tiny little thumbs on your cortical homunculus.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure I approve but I know Paimon does!

Honestly one of the strangest/most disturbing things to me is just how quick Paimon is to gleefully point out hillichurls that need exterminating whether or not they're even doing anything.

Like slow the gently caress down you little bloodthirsty demon.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So if anyone was wondering there appears to be a new (Maybe new? I never noticed it before.) weapon in this limited time pull that is basically damage wise the Crescent Spear of book weapons as it has stats and a skill designed for burst nuking.

Widsith has absurd booster's to damage on it and is perfect for a swap in burst character. To go over it's perks:

Swapping in the character with it creates a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur every 30s. The songs have the following effects:

Attack is increased by 60%.

Elemental damage is increased by 48% (More on this one later, it's loving nuts when you look at something else.).

Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.

The last one is a potential whiff for some builds, but even so adds a hefty amount of mastery for reactions.

But wait! There's more. Refining the weapon boosts the skill's stats by an absurd amount per level. Refine 1 increases attack from 60% to 75%, elemental damage a whopping 48% to 60% (That means 12% per refine, with a cap of a 96% boost to elemental damage at refine 5. And given how much of a booster elemental damage gives due to the way it works...), and Elemental Mastery from 240% to 300%.

What this means is that with the right character you can swap the character in, pop it's skill, pop it's burst, and then switch back to your main DPS. And to top it all off? The substat for the weapon is crit damage percentage. :stare:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 8, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's the Widsith. It's not rate up atm but it has been and will be again. People have used it on their Monas over 5 star weapons, it and Serpent Spine are pretty indisputedly the kings of 4*. People often prefer Widsith over Solar Pearl even on sustained damage characters because the buff is just that good.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Widsith isn’t new. I’ve had it on my Klee forever and have 1 extra unleveled, not sure if I should refine or wait for a 3rd one.

I always forget about the swap in effect though and waste it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Boris Galerkin posted:

Widsith isn’t new. I’ve had it on my Klee forever and have 1 extra unleveled, not sure if I should refine or wait for a 3rd one.

I always forget about the swap in effect though and waste it.

Yeah, I just got unlucky apparently on getting it. Also on getting Rosaria. :argh:

Still one heck of a consolation prize.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Corla Plankun posted:

Today's arena is kicking my butt :( Most of my good DPSers are physical.

Corla Plankun posted:

Even with a 2 hydro 2 cryo team I can not kill five of these fuckers in the time limit. drat I'm a scrub.

I put good artifacts on XQ and melted those big bastards. I forgot I never upgraded his set originally!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

After finally getting my Xingqiu reasonably geared it's really nuts how good he is (especially at C6). I actually need to fix his stats some to lower his ER%, since I'm pretty sure it's too high (like 230%, largely because I'm using an ER% artifact due to it having both crit stats on it).

Speaking of Xingqiu artifacts, I got really lucky with one (Noblesse) that had 3 garbage stats + CDMG, and most of the upgrades have gone into that. Has like 24% CDMG at level 16.

edit: After 20 rolls and no Rosaria I just gave up; too afraid of a Childe dupe, and I have the other 4* at C6. She didn't seem that interesting in the demo, and I recently got that Wolf's Gravestone so I can just build up Chongyun for cryo melee.

No Wave posted:

That's the Widsith. It's not rate up atm but it has been and will be again. People have used it on their Monas over 5 star weapons, it and Serpent Spine are pretty indisputedly the kings of 4*. People often prefer Widsith over Solar Pearl even on sustained damage characters because the buff is just that good.

I just now made the connection that the Widsth is likely why Mona's burst damage varies a lot.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 8, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
230% does not feel like Too Much on XQ imo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

C6 he uses energy a bit more efficiently due to increased energy regen. But I agree in general and am happy with Too Much ER (I'm at 225% with C6).

EDIT: Also, some reminders:

a.) Do your parametric transformer this week
b.) Do your quiz today
c.) Character XP oceanid event starts tomorrow so depending on drop quality you may have your resin tied up for the next week

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 8, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've done a pull or two a day on average since Hu Tao and besides a couple of Sucroses I've gotten nothing but weapons, two Flutes with no one who can use it, and a fourth Lion's Roar just today (I don't have Keqing) but no Rosaria and no 5* characters. I'm trying to dodge the bullet on Childe but I feel I'll get him on this banner, or a C7 Barbara.

Abyss floor 9 is killing me because I only have Klee as a good pyro dps, I'm guessing Xiangling is the one to level up instead of Amber or Hu Tao (I hate how Hu Tao plays). Really lame to break up the Abyss so you need similar teams for both floors but whatcha gonna do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

EDIT: Also, some reminders:

c.) Character XP oceanid event starts tomorrow so depending on drop quality you may have your resin tied up for the next week

Oh don't worry, I'm already crying in anticipation!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Stare-Out posted:

I've done a pull or two a day on average since Hu Tao and besides a couple of Sucroses I've gotten nothing but weapons, two Flutes with no one who can use it, and a fourth Lion's Roar just today (I don't have Keqing) but no Rosaria and no 5* characters. I'm trying to dodge the bullet on Childe but I feel I'll get him on this banner, or a C7 Barbara.

Abyss floor 9 is killing me because I only have Klee as a good pyro dps, I'm guessing Xiangling is the one to level up instead of Amber or Hu Tao (I hate how Hu Tao plays). Really lame to break up the Abyss so you need similar teams for both floors but whatcha gonna do.

You don't need a pyro DPS on the second half of 9, just a pyro applicator to shield break and the two best characters for that, last that I read up on it at least, are Amber and Bennett. Xiangling would also work, but no need to level her up as a main DPS.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

e;fb

You don't need pyro DPS for floor 9, you just need a little fire to pop all the cryo shields quickly. I used to use electro Keq and Ning as my two DPS before I built Hu Tao and never had problems. Bennett with Keq and XL (and Diona for the electro Fatui) with Ning were plenty to pop shields.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

You don't need a pyro DPS on the second half of 9, just a pyro applicator to shield break and the two best characters for that, last that I read up on it at least, are Amber and Bennett. Xiangling would also work, but no need to level her up as a main DPS.

I have Bennett leveled up but I didn't think he'd have the gumption to break all those shields in the second team, especially at C0. Amber might be a more viable choice but she gives no dps otherwise whereas Xiangling can kick some rear end if invested in to some extent and her burst (and skill, as it is) stays up through character change and I already have her at C5 but only at like lvl 60 right now.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

e;fb

You don't need pyro DPS for floor 9, you just need a little fire to pop all the cryo shields quickly. I used to use electro Keq and Ning as my two DPS before I built Hu Tao and never had problems. Bennett with Keq and XL (and Diona for the electro Fatui) with Ning were plenty to pop shields.

Okay, thanks. I have Chong for cryo on the second team right now but might swap him for Ganyu to break the electro shields. Thing is that right now I don't have anyone except Klee to really take down the shields but I figure Xiangling might do the trick. I should level her up anyway I think.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 8, 2021

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Shield breaking doesn't need levelled characters, only for the right element to hit them enough times. You can throw a level 1 amber at ice shields and be fine if you don't get her killed by accident

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ButterSkeleton posted:

Shield breaking doesn't need levelled characters, only for the right element to hit them enough times. You can throw a level 1 amber at ice shields and be fine if you don't get her killed by accident

Sure but I'd like to have them up there to keep them alive because even with pyro the mitachurl shields are a pain in the rear end to break with all the other stuff going on.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

I have Bennett leveled up but I didn't think he'd have the gumption to break all those shields in the second team, especially at C0. Amber might be a more viable choice but she gives no dps otherwise whereas Xiangling can kick some rear end if invested in to some extent and her burst (and skill, as it is) stays up through character change and I already have her at C5 but only at like lvl 60 right now.
Cons make no difference for Bennett shield breaking and he does it very effectively.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

Cons make no difference for Bennett shield breaking and he does it very effectively.

With his skill and burst though? They only hit once and that's it for a while. Does his burst create a field of pyro damage that I'm forgetting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

His E has a 4 second cooldown and does the max shield damage possible for an ability. Just try it you'll see.