Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

fridge corn posted:

I know I said I was gonna take a break from sekiro but I guess I lied cuz I beat the divine dragon. No video cuz again it was just a bunch of faffing about but cool as hell sequence for sure. Getting close to the end...???

There are a few optional minibosses across Ashina for prayer beads. You should have all the prayer necklaces by the time you’re ready to fight Isshin. There’s the chained ogre, a 7-spears guy by Ashina reservoir, and a flame spewing drunkard by the outskirts. The only attack memory you haven’t gotten is owl father and demon of hatred probably. I’d say, of all the optional bosses at this point, DoH is hardest. But totally doable. Just play more like DS3 and stay under him. I hear malcontent stuns him and you can use that last phase to clinch a victory.

Good luck dude. Even if you feel like your video of killing Isshin is bad post it anyways! Your videos are actually quite amazing to watch, you kick the crap out of the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Disco Elysium's patch is apparently out..... on PS5 but not PS4. :negative:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the ps5 is failing in japan because it doesn't fit in most people's apartments

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Regy Rusty posted:

I KNEW COMMUNISM WAS A FAILING SYSTEM! :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Is it a substantial patch or just some sort of "the game is running on a PS5" thing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is it a substantial patch or just some sort of "the game is running on a PS5" thing

This is the big bug fixing patch to hopefully make the game not a completely broken mess

Jury still out on how successful it is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

never in my wildest imagination did i think classic uk shitposter and eminent noted average game liker refrigerator corn would turn out to be some kind of ultimate badass. and here's the rub, folks: i heard his voice one time! that's right, and for a small contribution to my cashapp i'll tell you all about it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

refrigerator = fridge
maize = corn

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Fridge Corn fights tooth and nail. Like an absolute boss shinobi. Some people fighting genichiro are all standoffish about it. Not this one. They’re not afraid to go all out.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

What i don't understand is why the devs aren't saying anything

Like seriously. It takes literal seconds to type out a "hey, something is hosed, bear with us" message. I literally don't understand why they're not communicating

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Right, I'm gonna take down the last remaining minibosses and finish my prayer necklaces, then I'm gonna scope out that Demon of Hatred and decide from there if I want to take it or Owl out first.

I think Sekiro just might be my favourite ps4 game ever and I havent even finished it yet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

What i don't understand is why the devs aren't saying anything

Like seriously. It takes literal seconds to type out a "hey, something is hosed, bear with us" message. I literally don't understand why they're not communicating

The only communication they've had all weekend was a single Discord comment. It's understandable that getting the patch together and through certification over Easter was probably a difficult process but yeah dialogue with the people waiting would have been nice.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

never in my wildest imagination did i think classic uk shitposter and eminent noted average game liker refrigerator corn would turn out to be some kind of ultimate badass. and here's the rub, folks: i heard his voice one time! that's right, and for a small contribution to my cashapp i'll tell you all about it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I think Sekiro just might be my favourite ps4 game ever and I havent even finished it yet

:eyepop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

the PS5 is functionally as good as dead in japan until it has a monhun game on it

The Capcom megaleak thing has a successor to World in pre-production so it's gonna be a couple years.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Is it better than Bloodborne tho, that is the million dollar question

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Right, I'm gonna take down the last remaining minibosses and finish my prayer necklaces, then I'm gonna scope out that Demon of Hatred and decide from there if I want to take it or Owl out first.

Both take time. Have tons of patience going into them, and have fun learning them. You certainly will and definitely can beat them by now. Especially Owl. He really only has 4-5 moves to learn. They can be kind of hard to get a handle on at first because their timing can be all over the place, but the timing is definitely learnable. I found he is easier if you just never let up. Never stop attacking and deflecting in the rhythm, you'll often attack-cancel his perilous sweeps and a bunch of other moves, and can respond correctly to his few other moves when its his turn to attack (mainly fireworks or his ichimongi). Run into his fireworks and ichimongi double him, then immediately block. When he ichimongis.. wait until the exact moment his arms begin to move downwards, then dodge sideways and ichimongi double him back, followed by an immediate block. That covers the vast majority of his actions in the first two phases. His fire bird is always followed by a thrust. So jump the bird and mikiri counter as the perilous kanji begins to disappear and he starts moving. Playing close range also constricts his move set to only certain reactions, which is really helpful. You can do it dude.

DoH is not my favorite boss. It is the worst boss in the game IMHO. Just.. not a sekiro boss. Totally beatable. Doesn't use anything we learn playing the game though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Policenaut posted:

The Capcom megaleak thing has a successor to World in pre-production so it's gonna be a couple years.

putting Samurai Sanders in cold storage until then. When he emerges PS5 will have prestige monhunworld 2 and Japanese PS5s will be pocket-sized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxmiEjlnJuk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Both take time. Have tons of patience going into them, and have fun learning them. You certainly will and definitely can beat them by now. Especially Owl. He really only has 4-5 moves to learn. They can be kind of hard to get a handle on at first because their timing can be all over the place, but the timing is definitely learnable. I found he is easier if you just never let up. Never stop attacking and deflecting in the rhythm, you'll often attack-cancel his perilous sweeps and a bunch of other moves, and can respond correctly to his few other moves when its his turn to attack (mainly fireworks or his ichimongi). Run into his fireworks and ichimongi double him, then immediately block. When he ichimongis.. wait until the exact moment his arms begin to move downwards, then dodge sideways and ichimongi double him back, followed by an immediate block. That covers the vast majority of his actions in the first two phases. His fire bird is always followed by a thrust. So jump the bird and mikiri counter as the perilous kanji begins to disappear and he starts moving. Playing close range also constricts his move set to only certain reactions, which is really helpful. You can do it dude.

DoH is not my favorite boss. It is the worst boss in the game IMHO. Just.. not a sekiro boss. Totally beatable. Doesn't use anything we learn playing the game though.

that perilous knee-rush that's actually a sweep is some devious poo poo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh yes. Oh my god. If you ever find yourself flat on your back, out of breath, with a giant old man careening over you?? ROLL!!!

Also, I think of all the other bosses beside Isshin and Genichiro, I had the greatest sense of accomplishment beating Hirata Owl. It is truly an amazing victory. Feels good man.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Better gameplay, not as good vibez imho. Bloodborne has a tinge of Japan Studio magic

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh yes. Oh my god. If you ever find yourself flat on your back, out of breath, with a giant old man careening over you?? ROLL!!!

:thunk:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Are they really not gonna port Rise everywhere? I was kinda hoping they would since it's on RE Engine (proven very scalable) and PC is getting a port sometime next year. Fragmenting the player base bums me out :<

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

putting Samurai Sanders in cold storage until then. When he emerges PS5 will have prestige monhunworld 2 and Japanese PS5s will be pocket-sized

Now I'm curious what the PS5 Slim will look like.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Better gameplay, not as good vibez imho. Bloodborne has a tinge of Japan Studio magic

Yeah this is kinda my thoughts as well

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Are they really not gonna port Rise everywhere? I was kinda hoping they would since it's on RE Engine (proven very scalable) and PC is getting a port sometime next year. Fragmenting the player base bums me out :<

Rise seems like the type of gme that was made specifically for Nintendo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Now I'm curious what the PS5 Slim will look like.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony will double down on the PS5 and make the next revision even bigger and uglier.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

acksplode posted:

At the time of that leak only a PC version of Rise was mentioned for a year after the Switch release, which has since been confirmed. I'm not wholly familiar with Monster Hunter's development team but as I understand it there's two of them and Rise is done by the group that handles stuff like Generations while the World team has their work cut out for the new game so they might not be around to help? I'm sure I'm missing some major angle like Capcom getting another team on it to port.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Speaking of RE Engine, finding it hard to accept this bit of info:

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1379275087614910466?s=19

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rise seems like the type of gme that was made specifically for Nintendo

How so

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it’s for switch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weedle posted:

it’s for switch

Ah.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Agree 100%. Sekiro is the best gameplay I’ve ever experienced.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

fridge corn posted:

No Bloodsouls is better than Bloodborne.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fridge corn posted:

It's up there with Death Stranding and Yakuza 0 for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

No Bloodsouls is better than Bloodborne.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DS3 and Sekiro tied for second tho

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
i liked death stranding a lot but i think i would have LOVED it during quarantine

it's one of the few games i own on disc and i lent it to someone just before the permanent lockdown and the social logistics of asking for him to like, mail it to me or leave it outside his house were too weird so i let it go

the moral of the story is never buy or use physical media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

the moral of the story is never buy or use physical media

can confirm