Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Granny segments do not have video, making that subscription an even worse value proposition somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

wwe probably siccing people on dave for daveing like they usually do when theres an opening to misconstrue what he said or obtusely take things out of context like the peyton royce thing.
Apparently WWE is on much better terms with Dave at the minute so that’s not as likely as it was 18 months ago

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I refuse to click that tweet, somebody please summarize what that doofus said.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The WWE social media pile ons seemed like they were organized by locker room group texts more often than office edicts.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t think WWE cares about the Observer at all, last time Bryan interviewed HHH he asked him the most bizarre, embarrassing nerd question about some but from a RAW in like 99 and HHH didn’t even remember what he was talking about, advertised some WWE/Scooby Doo crossover and left, it was amateurish and after listening to Bryan rightfully rant forever about WWE at the time only for him to throw Hunter such a weird question like some awkward fan at a Q&A I lost respect for the guy as a journalist, he’s like Tucker or Hannity for wrestling fans. Dave doesn’t move the needle for WWE enough either way for them to work with him or against him. Whereas I think AEW could be damaged by his criticism, Dave had a lot of bad ideas recently criticizing AEW like they should focus more on just a handful of people which is one of the main reasons WWE is boring.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You'd think that but than WWE can be very thin skinned at times and has in the past tried to damage Dave/other reporters when covering stories that bring heat on WWE. Like when during the gulf War with Dave or just recently when they went after Bix for the Ring Boy/Tom Cole story

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They had Seth come out like less than two years ago to call him a liar about the Saudi stuff and then WWE settled all that stuff out of court because it never happened :thunk:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Considering AEW has been putting on great show after great show and has reinvigorated my love for wrestling I hope they don't take the advice of the olds too seriously. I think they are building a wonderful formula all their own and would hate to see that derailed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They had Seth come out like less than two years ago to call him a liar about the Saudi stuff and then WWE settled all that stuff out of court because it never happened :thunk:

Not only that Wrestler that have left have pretty much admitted to what happened (see Andrade)

Shard posted:

Considering AEW has been putting on great show after great show and has reinvigorated my love for wrestling I hope they don't take the advice of the olds too seriously. I think they are building a wonderful formula all their own and would hate to see that derailed.

They have been good about correcting errors and listening to crit and feedback when making changes so I'm not worried even if I think some of the points Dave raised are valid. Tony's been good about learning/adapting while not loosing the feel of what makes AEW different

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought Seth called him a liar because Dave reported the untrue story about Seth giving a speech to the locker room, which Dave then apologized for.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Maybe it is I who am spreading the misinformation

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
bryan alvarez is not and doesn't claim to be a journalist and has nothing to do with the observer other than co-hosting the radio shows, he's just an idiot that yells about wrestling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MJeff posted:

I refuse to click that tweet, somebody please summarize what that doofus said.

“Don’t listen to meltzer, listen to me instead”

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan rules

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan asking HHH some geek question about the 90s was way better than asking one of the three pre-screened allowed questions on that call.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1379915806251753472?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I love how Dave's reaction to this kinda things is always relief. Okay, if these guys hate me I must be doing something right.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Dave and Bryan are the best because they have watched more wrestling than any sane person should, would or could and somehow are still able to get enjoyment out of it. It's fun to listen to them talk about wrestling because against all odds they both still really care about wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can talk about "posting through it" but there is no better example of posting through it. A bunch of people tweeting about how you are racist and no one should listen to you. Do you stop what you are doing? No, you keep QTing people how WCW expanding to 12 PPVs per year was a good business move and then an hour later decide to QT someone who brings it up with a brutal burn on Rosenberg, then go back to posting.

Whether you like the guy or not, he is a poster.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

You can talk about "posting through it" but there is no better example of posting through it. A bunch of people tweeting about how you are racist and no one should listen to you. Do you stop what you are doing? No, you keep QTing people how WCW expanding to 12 PPVs per year was a good business move and then an hour later decide to QT someone who brings it up with a brutal burn on Rosenberg, then go back to posting.

Dave and Matt Bruenig would be an unstoppable posting tag team.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I love how Dave's reaction to this kinda things is always relief. Okay, if these guys hate me I must be doing something right.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

If they're not gonna do more PPVs (I think 6 is a good number. 8 is fine. 12 is meh), I kinda wish they'd be more proactive about pushing Big Dynamites, at least. We got St. Patrick's Day Slam but I dunno if that had a ton going on besides the main event.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the winter is coming Dynamite was really good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's literally an entire Wikipedia page listing all the special Dynamite episodes. Claiming that they don't do enough big TV episodes between the PPVs is both bizarre and patently untrue.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

If they're not gonna do more PPVs (I think 6 is a good number. 8 is fine. 12 is meh), I kinda wish they'd be more proactive about pushing Big Dynamites, at least. We got St. Patrick's Day Slam but I dunno if that had a ton going on besides the main event.

I think St. Patrick's Day Slam was just them realizing "oh gently caress St. Patrick's Day is on a Wednesday"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

I think St. Patrick's Day Slam was just them realizing "oh gently caress St. Patrick's Day is on a Wednesday"

OTOH, did you see Penta's hat?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

There's literally an entire Wikipedia page listing all the special Dynamite episodes. Claiming that they don't do enough big TV episodes between the PPVs is both bizarre and patently untrue.

Well, okay, let's differentiate between Fyter Fest or Winter is Coming or New Year's Smash and "Tag Team Appreciation Night", here.

I'm not saying they don't do enough, I'm saying coming out of the PPV, I want them to go "WE'RE HEADING TOWARDS DYNAMITE: THE BIG EASTER gently caress!" so the show has a strong direction and a sense of leading to something.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Well, okay, let's differentiate between Fyter Fest or Winter is Coming or New Year's Smash and "Tag Team Appreciation Night", here.

I'm not saying they don't do enough, I'm saying coming out of the PPV, I want them to go "WE'RE HEADING TOWARDS DYNAMITE: THE BIG EASTER gently caress!" so the show has a strong direction and a sense of leading to something.

Yeah, that seems like a good idea to me.

edit: including naming a Dynamite "The Big Easter gently caress"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Benne posted:

lmao i forgot kevin smith and jason mewes were at the debut

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I forgot how bad Scorpio Sky bombed in the ratings on that Thanksgiving episode. :lol:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought Seth called him a liar because Dave reported the untrue story about Seth giving a speech to the locker room, which Dave then apologized for.

I think the fun theory is that someone leaked to Dave the incorrect story that Seth gave a ra ra speech after the Saudi hostage situation in order to discredit him as he was at the time making a lot of noise about it being a hostage situation. Seth called him out on being wrong about the ra ra speech and he admitted to being wrong and also stopped talking about the Saudi thing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who so you think got them stuck on the tarmac????
#ASKQUESTIONS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave has shooters in Saudi

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MJeff posted:

If they named every show THE BIG EASTER gently caress then maybe they'll finally get back to 1 million

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Think Vince got the rights to Big Easter gently caress in 2001

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

If they named every show THE BIG EASTER gently caress then maybe they'll finally get back to 1 million

Let's not burn out the territory here, they can have a Big Memorial Day gently caress, a Big Independence Day gently caress, a Big Labor Day gently caress, etc.

(I think most of these line up with actual PPVs to the point that this joke doesn't scan)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Also, did we know that Butcher wrestled Mox JUST after coming back from Covid at the time? That was news to me on Jericho's podcast and just made me more impressed by the fact that he worked so hard that match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Also, did we know that Butcher wrestled Mox JUST after coming back from Covid at the time? That was news to me on Jericho's podcast and just made me more impressed by the fact that he worked so hard that match.

He looked gassed as poo poo at the end of the match but it kinda worked for the story. I had no idea he had COVID so that’s very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

He looked gassed as poo poo at the end of the match but it kinda worked for the story. I had no idea he had COVID so that’s very impressive.

He apparently had literally been cleared the week before. The pod is a seriously good listen, even if you're pretty ambivalent about Jericho as I am. Andy and Jesse sound like two dudes who I would absolutely love to have a beer and talk horror movies with.