Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ICR posted:

Kross winning would be the worst decision to empower the toxicity, and to reward somebody who is bottom 15% in actual wrestling talent on the NXT roster. Like, there’s that many wrestlers there who are more competent in the ring than him.
They put the belt on him when his loving arm was falling off.

I will be so shocked if he doesn't win here. Io I think only loses if she's getting called up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

matches where only one outcome makes any sense at all are 100% meaningless filler and that's the only thing wwe has

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

I hope Raquel is good cause I want a monster heel hoss that isn't Nia Jax or Tamina.

She's a fine hoss, but not someone you want leading your division either. It's the Shayna problem all over again. In that she looks threatening, but won't be bringing any new viewers to the product.

Spiderdrake posted:

They put the belt on him when his loving arm was falling off.

I will be so shocked if he doesn't win here. Io I think only loses if she's getting called up.

Man, don't even put the thought of Io getting called up into my head. I have zero confidence she gets used properly. But I agree in that if she loses, she is getting called up (which is unfortunate because I don't see her being utilized properly at all, especially if she gets sent to RAW). Because otherwise NXT runs the risk of Io overshadowing Raquel still.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 7, 2021

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I started to post something along the lines of "did they really make a hall of fame joke out of the guy who publicly and repeatedly molested people not apologizing for anything" because I didn't actually watch it, but inside I know the answer and I got so, so very tired halfway through typing it

The JBL speech was really awkward. They play him up as this brilliant investment mind when in reality he was pitching stocks like WorldCom and Enron at the time.

You could tell he watched previous years speeches and designed his to get maximum crowd pops. Drop plenty of popular wrestler names, tell a road story, etc. However, it came off as cringeworthy with no audience.

Then he ends it with "To anyone I ever hurt or said something that offended you... get over it you snowflakes!!! Hahaha"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ICR posted:

Hell yeah!!!

Raquel has some great presence that’s for sure. She isn’t championship ready yet to lead the brand for the women’s division in my opinion. But she does have strong presence and a powerful look. Honestly, her presence itself is past NXT and main roster ready. It’s just the rest of her that still needs some time in the oven.

Kross is an absolutely horrible, horrible, horrible human being along with Scarlett who is literally batshit crazy and I would rather see Finn retain based on talent and kindness alone.

Kross winning would be the worst decision to empower the toxicity, and to reward somebody who is bottom 15% in actual wrestling talent on the NXT roster. Like, there’s that many wrestlers there who are more competent in the ring than him.

Used to love the guy for potential but well, he got exposed and other lovely things came to light.

Setting his abhorrent politics aside, Kross just always strikes me as completely bland in the ring. And it's really surprising because he has the look of someone who should be an effective monster heel but I've never seen a match of his where he's impressed me like that. The best I ever saw out of him was a dark match against Shane Strickland and that was just because Swerve decided to stiff the living poo poo out of Kross to the point where he left with a visible boot print welt on his face.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who could possibly have strong opinions about Raquel Gonzalez

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Who could possibly have strong opinions about Raquel Gonzalez

Well, you see, Raquel González has the size, strength and bad attitude to push any Superstar in WWE past her breaking point.

Standing 6-feet tall, with muscles rippling throughout, the towering Texan does what she wants, when she wants, and there’s little anyone can do to stop her. As the daughter of longtime wrestler Ricky “Desperado” González, Raquel was all but certain to be a future Superstar. That moment finally arrived in 2017, when she appeared on the WWE Universe’s radar for the first time as a competitor in the inaugural Mae Young Classic Tournament.

That González — a demure youngster, still a newcomer to the WWE Performance Center — bears little resemblance to the enforcer the NXT Universe knows her as today. Her change in attitude is largely due to her association with Dakota Kai, a partnership that came into view at TakeOver: Portland when González helped Kai defeat bitter rival Tegan Nox.

Indeed, Kai should count herself lucky to be the lone woman in all WWE who doesn’t have to worry about suffering González’s wrath. While Kai stirs up trouble and makes enemies, González stands menacingly by her side, the bruising heavy who’s willing to do Kai’s bidding.

Their partnership may not be popular with NXT fans, but González has enjoyed her greatest success since linking up with Kai, even notching a milestone pinfall over NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai to claim victory in the second-ever Women’s WarGames Match.

With González eager to impose her will, expect a mess of competition to be left in this fast-rising Superstar’s rearview.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I strongly think she's big. So she's cooler than Adam Cole.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

ICR posted:

Kross is an absolutely horrible, horrible, horrible human being along with Scarlett who is literally batshit crazy and I would rather see Finn retain based on talent and kindness alone.

Used to love the guy for potential but well, he got exposed and other lovely things came to light.

What has Kross done that is lovely? This isn't me doubting anyone talking about him being a horrible human being but I am curious as to what things that have come out about him. Same for Scarlett.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Active Parler users and members of Drake Wuertz’s NXT QAnon circle.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Yeah, I think that sums it up enough for me. Yeugh. Thanks though.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

oh is that why he loves the letter k so much

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
The revelation of Kross and Scarlett being Parler/QAnon turds is a shame because I saw them at a tiny indie fed shortly before Kross signed with WWE and they both, Kross in particular, couldn't have been nicer. Then again people said the same thing about what a good guy Drake was. I guess being kind to your fans doesn't preclude you from being a shithead otherwise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
A lot of people with bad politics are nice to your face, heck they might be nice about you even when you aren't around if they know you. It's always the unseen other those types are after/"escaping" from. They forget that "other" is your family and friends . . .

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh man, hahaha

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m a proud member of his fanclub the Karrion Kross Kommunity

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Karrion Kross Kliq

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I genuinely think NXT is putting the title on Raquel Gonzalez to get ahead of AEW putting the title on Jade Cargill.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Cargill doesn't seem to be anywhere close to the title in AEW, so I don't know why WWF would be rushing for a title from whoever it is being discussed. Lady Diesel.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

karmicknight posted:

Cargill doesn't seem to be anywhere close to the title in AEW, so I don't know why WWF would be rushing for a title from whoever it is being discussed. Lady Diesel.

She is a big tall woman. That's enough for WWE.

Cargill would have the title by now if she was in WWE.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I still can't believe they turned Jade down. Must have figured she'd just hang out on the indies and they could hire her later.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

I still can't believe they turned Jade down. Must have figured she'd just hang out on the indies and they could hire her later.

The story is that Jade didn’t fit the culture and is very strong in her convictions. Which, judging by her social media, sounds about right. She is who she is and can’t be molded.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

She is a big tall woman. That's enough for WWE.

Cargill would have the title by now if she was in WWE.

That’s fine when you have 4 different women’s champions and no midcard titles... no one is the face of the division anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Pylons posted:

It's probably because Vince thinks muscular Black women aren't attractive

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ICR posted:

The story is that Jade didn’t fit the culture and is very strong in her convictions. Which, judging by her social media, sounds about right. She is who she is and can’t be molded.

I read this as modded and agreed with her 'down with mods' stance.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those who didn't watch NXT, they put the women's title on a massive loving racist in Raquel.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
and not a single person is shocked

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I couldn't possibly care about who's holding any belts in NXT at this point.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DarkstarIV posted:

For those who didn't watch NXT, they put the women's title on a massive loving racist in Raquel.

im happy to see you posting again but it seems like bad timing to come back right as they took the title of Io

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

im happy to see you posting again but it seems like bad timing to come back right as they took the title of Io

Luckily, Asuka is still champion, and [glances at schedule] uh oh

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i'm preemptively mourning for io's entrance to get taken from her

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

Sounds like the right person won if it was for a WWE belt

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I should mention the finish was insanely stupid as well.

- Moonsault to the Outside

- Long running knees onto the ramp

- Io dove off the top of the skull onto Raquel

- Io dragged her into the ring, hit the moonsault

- Raquel kicked out

- Raquel hit a single lariat, and then her one armed powerbomb for the win.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DarkstarIV posted:

what'd she do? google isnt much help

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Seams posted:

what'd she do? google isnt much help

In 2018 she made a remark about how Mexicans need to get back on their taco trucks and leave the country. She also supports a border wall and separation of family at the border. Of course, it didn't stop there. All through 2020 she supported various right wing movements and especially Donald Trump, regularly liking and commenting on his Instagram posts. But, to add more fuel onto the fire, she didn't take COVID guidelines seriously as she was spotted at several biker rallies with Braun Strowman, with none of them wearing masks, of course.

It didn't gain much traction because before this point she was pretty much flying under the radar, as no one really cared about what she did. But now that she's the champion, it'll be interesting to see if some of this stuff actually gains traction. Because if so, it will get awfully ugly for WWE. Especially since they are trying to break into the latin market.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 8, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Can I get an updated list of everyone who's part of Wuertz' QAnon Circle?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vandar posted:

Can I get an updated list of everyone who's part of Wuertz' QAnon Circle?

Visit wwe.com. Select Superstars. Start at A.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
can a mod get Jeffrey to auto-word change from Wuertz to Worst

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

peacock opening the settings tab for the content library they just purchased:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

I should mention the finish was insanely stupid as well.

- Moonsault to the Outside

- Long running knees onto the ramp

- Io dove off the top of the skull onto Raquel

- Io dragged her into the ring, hit the moonsault

- Raquel kicked out

- Raquel hit a single lariat, and then her one armed powerbomb for the win.

You’re missing the big boot to the face and the single arm power bomb on the floor. But whatever, it was a stupid ending and I don’t disagree with that.