Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
He might never hit another, who knows, but I just adore that the Braves have a roster spot basically devoted to a guy with a beer-league softball mentality and body and it’s actually working for any amount of time whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Let's go Ian

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh no loaded bases, the Cubs' biggest weakness

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Oh no now I have hope :ohdear:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
PWEASE

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
New offense where we only take walks almost worked out.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
That's what happens when I have hope

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I do not like 7 inning games but whatever

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol seattle

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Miz Kriss posted:

Oh no now I have hope :ohdear:

Never have hope, friend. Hope is a lie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Glorious

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how do the Mets broadcasters have a better read on the Phillies than the staff do

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
carlson with the grand slam bomb!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wil Myers hits a homer in the bottom of the 8th to tie it at 2-2 :toot:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Am I wrong to hate the White Sox bullpen after less than a week? I feel like I'm wrong, but then I watch it get mismanaged again and I feel justified.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Nope, I'm justified. The whole thing about Tony Two-Shots is that he was supposed to bring stability and a hard work ethic to the bullpen and the fielding, and I think those are the causes of every WS loss so far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A's finally win one

That was a nice piece of hitting from Moreland

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

couldnt watch because of "work" but the giants took a series from the padres :cool:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Mike_V posted:

i wonder how long the cardinals will humor matt carpenter. it's actively harming the team that he is playing!

he's been bad for a while now. i get that he's a fan favorite and all, but jeez it's gone on long enough

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Aaron Hicks is such loving garbage.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i've managed to tune in for every single galvis AB and hoo boy

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
GIOOOO

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That really was an awesome hitting, running, and fielding play from Urshella, Tauchman, and the O's defense. Great hit, good cut off, perfect relays, and just the right slide and speed to be in just ahead. Baseball's awesome.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

there's no planet on which the O's are going to get a hit off chapman

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tauchman is an excellent baserunner. Also Chapman looks really good this year. He has another legit pitcher with the split.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 8, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Torres is going to yips himself off the Yankees.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok so I never watch YES but decided to catch the end of Orioles/Yankees

Do they always have like 20 seconds of dead air between pitches? "..........................................the pitch............... 2-2.........................................................................................the pitch................."

e: ok they'r enot doing it anymore, it was so weird during Frazier's AB though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Jay Bruce. What a dogshit AB that was.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its usually a 3 man team but with covid Paul O'Neill tele-works sometimes... and sometimes doesn't.

But I don't need someone talking constantly, Especially Michael Kay. Do Astros announcers just never stop talking like ESPN or something?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Its usually a 3 man team but with covid Paul O'Neill tele-works sometimes... and sometimes doesn't.

But I don't need someone talking constantly, Especially Michael Kay. Do Astros announcers just never stop talking like ESPN or something?

Yeah kinda :lol:

So I'm not used to as much silence

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankees doing it with... baserunning?

Checks notes

That can't be right, Suzyn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Higgy is easily a better hitter than Hicks or Bruce at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Orioles 3 runs, 3 hits
Yankees 3 runs, 13 hits

That's a hell of a line.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God I hate the extra inning rule so drat much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Orioles 3 runs, 3 hits
Yankees 3 runs, 13 hits

That's a hell of a line.

The Yankees either hit homers or they don't score a lot of runs. Even against really bad pitching.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was a time extra innings made me happier than anything.

Now I just grumble and imagine the most disheartening way to lose.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Extra innings became my bane when the Astros moved to the AL

The road games already end after midnight as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted: